Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals sign Trae Waynes
(03-18-2020, 01:57 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Well, Zimmer wanted him back:

“Trae is a great kid, very good tackler, has got great speed. He is a great guy, hope to get him back and we’ll see what happens.”

1) Notice he never mentioned his coverage ability. . . AND HE'S A CORNERBACK!

2) If they really wanted him back, they could've offered him an even more insanely grotesque offer than we gave him. It's not hard to see why. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 12:45 PM)caneyoufeelit Wrote: 1) Notice he never mentioned his coverage ability. . . AND HE'S A CORNERBACK!

2) If they really wanted him back, they could've offered him an even more insanely grotesque offer than we gave him. It's not hard to see why. 

Waynes is a very good corner. He'll be our #1 to start the season.

WJIII has the potential to be a very good corner as well. I think so many different DCs the last 3 years hasn't helped him.

Both of these guys were great in college, both have lots of speed, as does Phillips. Dre K is an ultra-expensive #4.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 09:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hell Nate, I got some crow to eat on this one!

Yeah, I was panicking myself there for a minute lol  Hilarious 

Reader and Waynes and now cutting Miller are major signs of things a changing around here for the better IMO.

With the cutting of a mediocre Miller they will be looking at improving Guard.

(03-17-2020, 09:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Me too.  Big time.

DJ Reader and Trae Waynes are solid players; borderline good, even.  Lou Anarumo must have won some debates in the offseason because the Bengals need defensive stars.

(03-17-2020, 09:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: DJ Reader is far better than “borderline good.”

He graded out at 86.7 by pff last season. That’s Pro Bowler according to their scale.

Reader is damn good, like I said, like what I thought Billings would become.
Reply/Quote
contract details

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote