Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals sign Trae Waynes
Very, Very Happy with this signing and also the Reader deal. I think we will make another 2 big FA deals which will turn our defence round
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 12:41 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: Very, Very Happy with this signing and also the Reader deal. I think we will make another 2 big FA deals which will turn our defence round

Do they even have any money left? Even if they move AD and cut Dre , seems like they are tapped out.. Am I wrong ?
Reply/Quote
So we seem to have traded a slight decrease in tight cover ability for a major improvement in wrapping and tackling. With how awful the D was last year at tackling I make this exchange in a heartbeat.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be surprised to see us go after a slot CB now. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 08:31 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What in the hell is going on?

Do I have Corona? Is this a fever dream? Does Mike have Corona? Does Corana cause reckless spending like mania? Where am I?

Yes, it's the end of the world as we know it when the bengals pay big bucks to a half decent player. On the bright side of it we're all gonna die tomorrow so whatever the bengals do doesn't matter at this point. I hate to put it like this, but if I'm dead I don't care one bit if the bengals win it all or lose every game from then till the end of time. To my limited knowledge of an afterlife, if there is even an afterlife there is no afterlife ESPN nor afterlife Sunday afternoon football. I'm not even convinced there's such a thing as an afterlife Sunday afternoon for that matter.
OK, I doubt we'll all die tomorrow. Some of us might, but hey...that's always been the case.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:22 PM)caneyoufeelit Wrote: Makes me feel great that we're giving a guy Zimmer gave up on a decent amount of change.

Well, Zimmer wanted him back:

“Trae is a great kid, very good tackler, has got great speed. He is a great guy, hope to get him back and we’ll see what happens.”
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 01:03 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised to see us go after a slot CB now. 

I think they'll look to fill that from someone within the roster or draft.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 12:55 AM)Bengals731 Wrote: Do they even have any money left? Even if they move AD and cut Dre , seems like they are tapped out.. Am I wrong ?

I'm not sure how much they have left but there have been a lot of people reporting that we were ready to be heavily involved this year. The thing is that after the last few years, No one believed it.
I had a feeling that the team were going to prove a few people wrong this year in regards to FA and I just have a big feeling that this is the start.
If they do cut Dre and with Dalton leaving I think it will free up about $25m with only $2.8m dead money.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 08:49 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DferSyVXqI4

Same guy thinks we overpaid for Waynes.

LOL. I just saw that on his channel. I tend to agree with him. But all of these guys are getting massively overpaid. Trae Waynes is not alone. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 10:34 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't think the Bengals are done on defense.  Floyd is a 3-4 DE but is similar to Lawson.  

I like Logan Ryan CB and maybe Vonn Bell at S. safety.  It would be ecstatic to get Ha Ha Dix.  They could move Williams to backer role.

Good post PHD,
I think there could be any of those guys still on their Radar. I have been thinking about Floyd since his release, as well as Ryan and Bell. Williams played the tweener role last year and could move to more of a backer role IMO as well.

The only thing I'd add is possibly an addition at TE if someone like Eric Ebron wouldn't break the bank.
Burrow needs more than Uzomah and Sample to throw to from that position. Both those guys are more in line blockers at this point.
Reply/Quote
You have to pay market prices if you want to attain good players.  Trae Waynes is a really good player who may well look underpaid if the cap keeps going up.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:41 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: LOL. I just saw that on his channel. I tend to agree with him. But all of these guys are getting massively overpaid. Trae Waynes is not alone. 

Sour Grapes.....
Reply/Quote
I see BW Webb is getting cut
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 10:30 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: I see BW Webb is getting cut

Source? I see nothing on it.

Reply/Quote
http://bit.ly/3acEAZe

Hope that works. I saw it on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Yup, BW Webb is a goner. Be Well Webb.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 10:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Source? I see nothing on it.

Turn on notifications for Joe Goodberry on Twitter he’s very useful and quick with anything surrounding the Bengals
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 10:41 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Yup, BW Webb is a goner. Be Well Webb.

If Webb makes an NFL roster next year it will be his seventh team in seven seasons. I wonder if that is some kind of record.  A lot of guys bounce around from team to team, but those type of guys usually don't last 7 years in the league.
Reply/Quote
I am still very lukewarm about this contract. 20 million in the first year crushes our cap this year, but considering the fact we could have had littleton for 12mil range, I think this contract is way overpriced considering the player he currently is. Byron jones effectively got 16.5 a year and Waynes got 14 while I think we can all agree that Byron jones is far superior at this point in his career. The one upside is that we only pay 11 per year the next two years and I think athletically he has the potential to grow even further. regardless 20 million cap hit this year really hurts

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 12:22 PM)Okeana Wrote: I am still very lukewarm about this contract. 20 million in the first year crushes our cap this year, but considering the fact we could have had littleton for 12mil range, I think this contract is way overpriced considering the player he currently is. Byron jones effectively got 16.5 a year and Waynes got 14 while I think we can all agree that Byron jones is far superior at this point in his career. The one upside is that we only pay 11 per year the next two years and I think athletically he has the potential to grow even further. regardless 20 million cap hit this year really hurts

I kinds feel the same way. I appreciate the effort but I feel we could have had him for a little less. Or spend more more Jones or Bradberry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote