Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals signing Kevin Minter

That is good news, really opens up the draft options.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Meanwhile, fans at the Cardinals boards have been celebrating signing Dansby, "who is better than Minter" lol. I don't know anything about Minter but reading that makes me wonder
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Great addition.

One of the best run stopping linebackers, probably means we're drafting a pass rusher or offense for sure now in the 1st.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

I'm a huge fan of this signing actually.

I was a huge fan of him in the 2013 Draft. He helps our run defense tremendously and is a big upgrade over every other LB we have besides Burfict.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
One of the better remaining free agents. Hopefully they cut Maualuga and make Minter the Mike.

I don't really want to see 3 prototypical Mike backers lining up as our starting group. That certainly doesn't make the defense much faster IMO.
(03-18-2017, 06:56 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Great addition.

One of the best run stopping linebackers, probably means we're drafting a pass rusher or offense for sure now in the 1st.

Lapham is pretty good with our drafts, he stated he thinks we go DE but if our top guys are gone then we go WR.

I'm hoping we don't go after Mike Williams though. I'd take Barnett, Thomas, Davis, or Ross all over Williams.

(03-18-2017, 06:52 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Hell yeah. Well done.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

After doing some research, I'm pretty pumped about this signing. Young linebacker (26 years old), started over 90% of the Cardinals snaps last year, pretty decent pass coverage and good against the run. He still has plenty of time to groom and get better - good job signing one of the better free agents left
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Nice

If we can hate on the bad

we better damn sure praise the good
Well then Clapping
(03-18-2017, 07:07 PM)Clep Wrote: After doing some research, I'm pretty pumped about this signing. Young linebacker (26 years old), started over 90% of the Cardinals snaps last year, pretty decent pass coverage and good against the run. He still has plenty of time to groom and get better - good job signing one of the better free agents left

He had a slow start but last 2 years he started to pick it up and do really well. Last year seemed like his breakout year. He'll be 26 until December, there's a ton of upside with this signing.

I like this signing. Gives us some options in the draft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What if we find out its a 1 year deal lol
(03-18-2017, 06:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is good news, really opens up the draft options.

Yes it does! I'm still hoping for OSU safety Malik Hooker in the first round who would immediately upgrade the Cincinnati secondary. Better over the top coverage means more sack opportunities for the front four.
Only a one year deal though?

It's a one year deal according to Ian Rapoport.

Well, he's gonna leave us after having a great season.

(03-18-2017, 07:13 PM)Housh Wrote: What if we find out its a 1 year deal lol

Then it buys the team a year to solve other problems.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(03-18-2017, 07:13 PM)Housh Wrote: What if we find out its a 1 year deal lol

That's what it's reported to be. 
(03-18-2017, 06:52 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

I don't see anything reported on other sites, but if true we should cut Rey M
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats