Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals to interview former Cowboys RB coach
Pollack did say he'd have input on who the RB coach would be. This hire would make sense from that standpoint given their history.

I also wonder if the FO has talked to Pollack about Kyle Caskey.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 04:20 PM)Benton Wrote: My second biggest criticism of zac last year was burrow threw too much for a rookie. My first was who he played on the line.

To me, it sounds like we're taking steps to fix both those problems. Line changes and utilizing the run would've done wonders for our offense.
100% agree man. I like what we're doing.  If we would of had a balanced gameplan with burrow he probably wouldn't of got hurt. 

Just need more of a run game and of course  few more OL 
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 02:40 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Pollack did say he'd have input on who the RB coach would be. This hire would make sense from that standpoint given their history.

I also wonder if the FO has talked to Pollack about Kyle Caskey.

Kyle available again? he is the one that worked for us for a while correct?
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 10:51 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Kyle available again? he is the one that worked for us for a while correct?

Yes I remember Caskey.
Reply/Quote
Great news if he signs!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing that there's been no follow up information, as of yet?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 10:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm guessing that there's been no follow up information, as of yet?

Story broke on Jan. 19 and said "next week" but didn't give a specific date. I'm assuming we won't hear anything for several days.
Reply/Quote
Another guy with a solid resume (Pollack, Hobby). That's a change from the start of Zac's tenure. If we're going to be stuck with the Zac and Lou, we may as well surround them with competent and experienced position coaches.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 10:51 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Kyle available again? he is the one that worked for us for a while correct?

He became Detroit's RB coach after 2018. With Campbell in town, Caskey is available again. I believe Caskey played a major role in getting Mixon here in the 2017 draft.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Lindsay Patterson says the interview with Gary Brown is wrapped up but still no announcement of a hiring.

Shame seemed like a good fit with Pollack and experienced building the run scheme they want to use.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 04:24 PM)Synric Wrote: Lindsay Patterson says the interview with Gary Brown is wrapped up but still no announcement of a hiring.

Shame seemed like a good fit with Pollack and experienced building the run scheme they want to use.

Hummm.  I guess it was not a good fit.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 05:02 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Hummm.  I guess it was not a good fit.  

He probably wasn't impressed with Wendy's dollar menu.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
have we even interviewed anyone else? Or someone got a brother sister cousin that needs a job?
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 11:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Another guy with a solid resume (Pollack, Hobby). That's a change from the start of Zac's tenure. If we're going to be stuck with the Zac and Lou, we may as well surround them with competent and experienced position coaches.

You can be disappointed with Lou as our DC.. but he is competent and experienced in the Coaching field...

https://www.bengals.com/team/coaches-roster/lou-anarumo
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown likely asked him if he's cool with letting Burrow throw 35 times a game. With a decrease in pay due to responsibilities.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I don’t see anywhere that the Bengals declined?

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 07:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You can be disappointed with Lou as our DC.. but he is competent and experienced in the Coaching field...

https://www.bengals.com/team/coaches-roster/lou-anarumo

Experienced, yes. But his resume was objectively weak. Been around a long time, yet never a coordinator until we came along. He also coached a lot of low ranking or mediocre secondaries.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 09:27 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Mike Brown likely asked him if he's cool with letting Burrow throw 35 times a game. With a decrease in pay due to responsibilities.

35 times in the first half...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 04:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Experienced, yes. But his resume was objectively weak. Been around a long time, yet never a coordinator until we came along. He also coached a lot of low ranking or mediocre secondaries.

First, the post I responded  referenced he had little experience over coaches just hired or looking at and that is just false.. As for his resume.. I disagree, he has had success with teams as a coach and has keep jobs for extended period of times..  really weak coaches don;t last this long or move up the ladder as he did.. so objectively I disagree. 
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 10:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don’t see anywhere that the Bengals declined?

Yeah, it is the time of year where everyone is impatient. Brown may still sign, chill people.

I have tried to read too much into things in the past, I am in a wait and see mode.

I really like the Pollack and Hobby hires.
Reply/Quote