Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals to meet with Trevor Siemian
Meeting set up for tomorrow.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2023/04/bengals-to-meet-with-qb-trevor-siemian
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
More evidence that they have appeared to have moved on from Brandon Allen

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 06:53 PM)pally Wrote: More evidence that they have appeared to have moved on from Brandon Allen

Sure seems like it. Siemian isn't very good though either.
Reply/Quote
Competition for Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 07:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure seems like it. Siemian isn't very good though either.

He’s isn’t, but he sure kicked the shit out of us in 2016.

312 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT, 132.1 rating

The FO must remember that game well. LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
He's a guy with more starting experience than Allen & would be a not insignificant upgrade.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 08:40 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: He's a guy with more starting experience than Allen & would be a not insignificant upgrade.

I'll take experience and the double negative.  I thought he'd be s slight upgrade, and bet that he signs for the 1.75M to not offset a comp pick.  If he don't take it they'll bring in a guy like Gabbert in the next day.  The guys available aren't going to get much.
Reply/Quote
Siemian hasn’t been bad as a backup. He has won games in the nfl and has an ok TD to int ratio 42-28.

He is 15-20 as a starter, and he has been on some bad teams. He would be ok for a drive, or a few games.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 11:01 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Siemian hasn’t been bad as a backup.  He has won games in the nfl and has an ok TD to int ratio 42-28.

He is 15-20 as a starter, and he has been on some bad teams.  He would be ok for a drive, or a few games.

Yea he'd probably be ok.
While he's gone 0-6 since leaving Denver, his 4 games in New Orleans nearly averaged 300 yards and 3 TDs per game.
What people shouldn't expect though is Siemian being a high-accuracy QB.
He's never had 60% accuracy in the NFL through 6 seasons played. But Brandon Allen's career completion percentage is only 56.7%, so it's not like it's a decline. It just wouldn't be a slam dunk.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Like him as a backup

Iv always said Brandon Allen is DOOKIE and if we ever need him to step in for 4-5 games our season is over even if we are 12-0 at that time of Burrow’s injury. Allen is TRASH. Thank god we haven’t needed him recently.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
definite upgrade over our current/previous Backup....
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 08:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s isn’t, but he sure kicked the shit out of us in 2016.

312 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT, 132.1 rating

The FO must remember that game well. LOL

Yeah, that was ugly from our Defense back in the day and a great game from Siemian. He is an upgrade.

Not like you are going to get good starters as your backup QB anyway. He might be able to win us a game if Burrow goes down 
and probably wouldn't lose it if we are up big and need to rest Burrow. He doesn't throw a lot of interceptions which is the big thing.

I need to see his pocket awareness again as I forgot about this part of Siemian's game. One thing I didn't like seeing from Allen 
last TC and Preseason is how he was pretty much running into Sacks and not manipulating the pocket at all.
Reply/Quote
I felt Jake Browning should have had the job last season and I do not feel any differently this season. I thought he performed relatively well in his chances during the preseason and seemed to be about as good as you expect from your backup QB.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 03:40 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I felt Jake Browning should have had the job last season and I do not feel any differently this season. I thought he performed relatively well in his chances during the preseason and seemed to be about as good as you expect from your backup QB.

Felt the same way before last season. 

I liked how Browning avoided Sacks unlike Allen and got out of the pocket and ran and threw on the run.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 06:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Felt the same way before last season. 

I liked how Browning avoided Sacks unlike Allen and got out of the pocket and ran and threw on the run.

From that perspective, he does give a changed look. Matter of fact, I would give him the edge vs Allen for that very reason. The downside, our offense isn’t designed to take advantage of his abilities. Might not matter, though.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 03:40 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I felt Jake Browning should have had the job last season and I do not feel any differently this season. I thought he performed relatively well in his chances during the preseason and seemed to be about as good as you expect from your backup QB.

Kinda wish we had another Preseason game so we could see their skills in action before deciding
Reply/Quote
Bottom of the barrel baby, According to beast boy of teen titans that's where the good stuff is. In all seriousness after Orlando Brown everything else is gravy.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 10:35 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: From that perspective, he does give a changed look.  Matter of fact, I would give him the edge vs Allen for that very reason.  The downside, our offense isn’t designed to take advantage of his abilities.  Might not matter, though.

Actually, I think our Offense is designed more for Browning than Allen. Burrow is a running QB when things breakdown, same as Browning.

Allen is not, or at least wasn't last TC and preseason.
Reply/Quote

Yep, felt Jake won it hands down. 

Yet being Zac is an x-QB, will accept his decision. But thought Browning looked good in the small sample size we witnessed. Head and shoulders better than Allen in fact. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 02:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Actually, I think our Offense is designed more for Browning than Allen. Burrow is a running QB when things breakdown, same as Browning.

Allen is not, or at least wasn't last TC and preseason.

Maybe we're violently agreeing.  But, I think Browing is more of a running threat than Joe.  Joe's strength is his accuracy passing and reading defenses.  

Scheme Browning as a real running QB.  Joe, yes he can run a little bit, but I'd never describe him as a real running QB.
Reply/Quote