Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs 49ers predictions
For those noting the 49ers difficulties the last two weeks, it should be referenced that both were away games, in rather raucous stadiums (Cleveland and Minnesota). In fact, I've seen Minnesota on lists of loudest stadiums and we know the Browns stadium was rocking against the 49ers. The announcers last night noted how playing in front of a Vikings crowd helped Cousins in terms of communication and hurt Purdy.

This game will be in front of a 49ers crowd that can also be raucous when the Bengals are on offense, and now Purdy will have a quiet stadium when he is on offense. We might see the 49ers the way they were earlier in the year, when they were rolling over teams in their home stadium.

I also think on-field officials are impacted by fan bases. I was reading an article about college coaches "taking advantage of sympathetic referees." These part-time NFL officials seem to be clearly impacted by the fan bases. The 49ers are regularly rated one of the top ten fan bases (along with Pittsburgh, of course) and I would imagine a study of favorable calls would correlate with those fan bases.

My heart says the Bengals will win and the short turn around for the 49ers/extra prep days for Bengals can be an important factor. But the game could also turn ugly if the 49ers find their footing back in their home stadium, where their average margin of victory this season has been 23, with margins of 18, 19, and 32 (over Dallas).
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 09:57 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I feel you. The 3-3 thing is crazy too because we have played AWFUL football and we very easily could be 4-2 if the ball bounces a different way in that Ravens game.

I have friends that are Browns fans and they are acting like the Super Bowl runs through Cleveland. 

I actually think they Bengals win at SF. They have been good out of the bye and the 49ers aren't playing good ball right now. I believe in Callahan and ZT to get this offense back on track and Burrow to be more sharp.

Don't underestimate the short week for SF as well - it has an impact on the game. 

27-20 BENGALS 
SF is two plays from winnings last two games, they have been more consistent than us, being at home on a Monday night was a bit helpful for them no travel issues that will hurt much for them.
I still have not seen us play at the level of SF in any of our games and at their place my head says SF 27 to 20.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 10:09 AM)Tomkat Wrote: But they were AT Minnesota, and that absolutely makes a difference.
The game is AT San Fran.  I see the 49ers being fired up, and I see a lackluster "jet lag" performance coming up by the Bengals offense.
It all spells disaster for the Bengals.  If the Bengals win, I'll go crawl in a hole somewhere (deservedly) and not post for awhile.
I HATE when the negativity creeps in like this, but it's just a feeling I can't shake.

Meh, no reason to go hide "in a hole somewhere" for just stating an opinion if you genuinely believe it.  I'm thinking along the same lines.  I really wanted SF to win last night as a pressure valve of sorts.  They're too good of a team to lose at home and then for a third consecutive game after getting jobbed in Cleveland and falling just short in Minny.  I'll hope for a win, but losing by one or two TDs wouldn't surprise me.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
This really depends on whether or not the team comes out of the bye improved. If the offense is more in sync and the defense tackles properly and does not lose receivers in the zones this is very winnable. We did seem to have the backside contain issue fixed against the Hags. The offense had six quarters where they looked like they finally were getting on the same page then we had that second half with the Hags where really the issues were Burrow being off a bit and bad drops and receiver miscommunications - it turned out Chase was supposed to run a go route at the 2 minute warning. Had he done so that play is a TD.
Reply/Quote
49'ers get back to winning.

49'ers: 27
Bengals: 24
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 12:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: SF is two plays from winnings last two games, they have been more consistent than us, being at home on a Monday night was a bit helpful for them no travel issues that will hurt much for them.
I still have not seen us play at the level of SF in any of our games and at their place my head says SF 27 to 20.

You might have thought that it was a 49er home game on Monday because the cameras kept showing 49ers fans, but the game was in Minneapolis. it is not only a short turnaround for the game, but they also had to deal with travel. On the other hand, the Bengals having a week off before traveling to California was a fortuitous schedule for them.

Still, the 49ers have been dominant at home. The Bengals will need to be firing on all cylinders to come away with a victory.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 13
49ers 52
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor vs Kyle Shanahan. As much as I love my orange and black, I can't see Zac Taylor beating a HC like Shanahan. This one is going to be very ugly.

Niners 34
Bengals 13
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2023, 11:44 AM)Whacked Wrote: A top 3 Defense (rivals the Browns) .....+ a SICK O......?

I predict a VERY PAINFUL DAY for the good guys Sad

The same defense that couldn't stop The Vikings from converting every single third down last night? Not to mention one of their top weapons in Deebo Samuels is out due to injury and their Pro Bowl left tackle is hurt as well.  

The 49ers are now on a two game losing streak and they are in a spiral that will turn into a hurricane should they lose next week.  This is an equally winnable game for both teams but San Francisco will be more desperate and trying to prove something to the league and themselves.  
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 12:51 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Meh, no reason to go hide "in a hole somewhere" for just stating an opinion if you genuinely believe it.  I'm thinking along the same lines.  I really wanted SF to win last night as a pressure valve of sorts.  They're too good of a team to lose at home and then for a third consecutive game after getting jobbed in Cleveland and falling just short in Minny.  I'll hope for a win, but losing by one or two TDs wouldn't surprise me.

Exactly. I don’t think that believing that the 49ers are going to come out mad and hungry and with something to prove is a negative opinion. I think it’s gonna be pretty accurate. Thing is, Purdy has looked like a much more average QB recently and that defense has not been as dominant as earlier on. The Bengals are fresh and Burrow is healthier so from that perspective I think we’re in a better position to be successful than we would have been otherwise.

They are going to look to punch us in the mouth to prove themselves. I just hope the bye has made us ready and that we can punch back.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
This one worries me. 49'ers coming off of two losses. They'll be primed for a victory here which sets us up at 3-4 and the rest of our schedule is daunting with bills, ravens, chiefs, vikings, browns, steelers, jaguars all in it.
Reply/Quote
I was wrong last game and hopefully I will be again:

Bengals: 13
49ers: 23

The D will give a valiant effort, but the offense will continue to suck.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 04:03 PM)Nepa Wrote: You might have thought that it was a 49er home game on Monday because the cameras kept showing 49ers fans, but the game was in Minneapolis. it is not only a short turnaround for the game, but they also had to deal with travel. On the other hand, the Bengals having a week off before traveling to California was a fortuitous schedule for them.

Still, the 49ers have been dominant at home. The Bengals will need to be firing on all cylinders to come away with a victory.

good catch,what messed me up i thought it was a home game and did not start Cousins in a fantasy league, then i did realize it was a home game when i tuned in.. just forgot.. yes Bengals do have some advantages with bye week etc.. i do think home field edge will even those advantages out plus beginning of year i marked this down as a loss even before our bad start and Burrow calf issue
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 04:39 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Zac Taylor vs Kyle Shanahan. As much as I love my orange and black, I can't see Zac Taylor beating a HC like Shanahan. This one is going to be very ugly.

Niners 34
Bengals 13

Didn't we only lose by one or two points the last time?  Mellow

Why does this fanbase CONSTANTLY have to shit on one person on our team(s)? Reds, it's Votto. Bengals...moved from Andy to Zac.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 12:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: SF is two plays from winnings last two games, they have been more consistent than us, being at home on a Monday night was a bit helpful for them no travel issues that will hurt much for them.

It was the shitty Vikings though....Kirk Cousins is 3 for 13 in prime time games, lol. They may beat us, but I'm far from impressed. For such a "genius" to be coaching them, they've lost to two lackluster teams in consecutive weeks. One with a practice squad QB.  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 12:13 PM)Nepa Wrote: For those noting the 49ers difficulties the last two weeks, it should be referenced that both were away games, in rather raucous stadiums (Cleveland and Minnesota). In fact, I've seen Minnesota on lists of loudest stadiums and we know the Browns stadium was rocking against the 49ers. The announcers last night noted how playing in front of a Vikings crowd helped Cousins in terms of communication and hurt Purdy.

This game will be in front of a 49ers crowd that can also be raucous when the Bengals are on offense, and now Purdy will have a quiet stadium when he is on offense. We might see the 49ers the way they were earlier in the year, when they were rolling over teams in their home stadium.

I also think on-field officials are impacted by fan bases. I was reading an article about college coaches "taking advantage of sympathetic referees." These part-time NFL officials seem to be clearly impacted by the fan bases. The 49ers are regularly rated one of the top ten fan bases (along with Pittsburgh, of course) and I would imagine a study of favorable calls would correlate with those fan bases.

My heart says the Bengals will win and the short turn around for the 49ers/extra prep days for Bengals can be an important factor. But the game could also turn ugly if the 49ers find their footing back in their home stadium, where their average margin of victory this season has been 23, with margins of 18, 19, and 32 (over Dallas).

They looked almost unbeatable with all of their stars healthy. Now that a couple are out/have missed time, they don't look so hot. Shanahan should be able to scheme around injuries though, especially considering your starting QB is healthy. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 07:11 PM)ochocincoftw Wrote: This one worries me. 49'ers coming off of two losses. They'll be primed for a victory here which sets us up at 3-4 and the rest of our schedule is daunting with bills, ravens, chiefs, vikings, browns, steelers, jaguars all in it.

Of that group, the Bills look the easiest to beat currently.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 01:35 PM)Joelist Wrote: This really depends on whether or not the team comes out of the bye improved. If the offense is more in sync and the defense tackles properly and does not lose receivers in the zones this is very winnable. We did seem to have the backside contain issue fixed against the Hags. The offense had six quarters where they looked like they finally were getting on the same page then we had that second half with the Hags where really the issues were Burrow being off a bit and bad drops and receiver miscommunications - it turned out Chase was supposed to run a go route at the 2 minute warning. Had he done so that play is a TD.

That's one were Burrow threw a beautiful ball.....to the sideline isn't it? If so, you're right, that would've been a tuddy.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 09:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: Didn't we only lose by one or two points the last time?  Mellow

Why does this fanbase CONSTANTLY have to shit on one person on our team(s)? Reds, it's Votto. Bengals...moved from Andy to Zac.

Zac owns Andy Reid head to head. I am not sure Shanahan is better than Reid...
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 09:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: It was the shitty Vikings though....Kirk Cousins is 3 for 13 in prime time games, lol. They may beat us, but I'm far from impressed. For such a "genius" to be coaching them, they've lost to two lackluster teams in consecutive weeks. One with a practice squad QB.  Hilarious

Great points, Vikings beat 49'ers they are good, we beat the 49'ers and we will be lucky according to the negative Nancy here...
Reply/Quote