Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals win chiefs lose and bills lose?
(01-07-2023, 11:07 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: No neutral site for us now that Chiefs won.

You never know.  They can change the rules if they see fit.  

Just words in league bylaws until enough people on the committee decide they aren't.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 11:07 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: No neutral site for us now that Chiefs won.

I know, it was just a funny post from Bfine with great sarcasm and I liked it.

Doesn't matter, we will go through them again just the same as last year. Just don't like the NFL breaking the rules in order to keep us
from beating every team. If somebody beats us fair, fine, that is all I ask. I just don't like seeing the rules broke in favor of any team.

Pisses me off big time! Shocked
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 11:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I know, it was just a funny post from Bfine with great sarcasm and I liked it.

Doesn't matter, we will go through them again just the same as last year. Just don't like the NFL breaking the rules in order to keep us
from beating every team. If somebody beats us fair, fine, that is all I ask. I just don't like seeing the rules broke in favor of any team.

Pisses me off big time! Shocked

That's all it is.  Things that should have been decided on the field were decided by executives in a meeting.  If you told me that would happen, I would not have believed you. 

Even in events like pandemics, terrorist attacks, and natural disasters, the league has made sure that games were played to determine outcomes.  These were events where people lost their lives, livelihoods and homes.  Some of them happened in-season.  As tragic and impactful as these events were, the games went on in some capacity.  No one disputes the Bucs Super Bowl from the covid year because the champion was decided on the field.  No one disputes the Pats title after 9-11 because the games were played.  

The fact is that we will not be able to say that this year.  it's pretty unprecedented.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 11:20 PM)samhain Wrote: That's all it is.  Things that should have been decided on the field were decided by executives in a meeting.  If you told me that would happen, I would not have believed you. 

Even in events like pandemics, terrorist attacks, and natural disasters, the league has made sure that games were played to determine outcomes.  These were events where people lost their lives, livelihoods and homes.  Some of them happened in-season.  As tragic and impactful as these events were, the games went on in some capacity.  No one disputes the Bucs Super Bowl from the covid year because the champion was decided on the field.  No one disputes the Pats title after 9-11 because the games were played.  

The fact is that we will not be able to say that this year.  it's pretty unprecedented.

It is Samhain. Games should not be decided from paper pushers. Nothing against them, but they are not on the field playing the game.

Damar Hamlin's first words when waking up show what common sense we are speaking of.

Just try and be somewhat fair was what I expected, cancelling the game and screwing the Bengals as usual.

Don't just outright go out of your way and stick the knife in our back as well...

We won the Division and we should host the Divisional game like in the rules. This is the most unprecedented move I have seen from the NFL
since they took away our hurry up Offense back in the day because it was unfair to the rest of the league. 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 09:51 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: And when the Bengals win tomorrow, then what? 

If they stick to the rules for the cancelled game the best the Bengals do is get the 3 seed. And a win tomorrow sets them up exactly for that path.

So that is why I am tired of the crying. People are crying about something that hasn't even happened.

I thought we were a Super Bowl team in most fans eyes? If that is true beating the Ravens tomorrow should be a given.

So which is it? You have faith in your team and they are good enough to handle their business or not?

Of course I believe in this Bengals team.

You don't think it's concerning what the NFL did?  It's not just about the  Bengals.   I don't like the multiple new precedents the NFL just set.     

All I wanted was for the NFL to follow their own rules.

Why in the world would you not follow your own rules.  And then make non-sensical, illogical rules during the season.   It makes zero sense.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 11:33 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Of course I believe in this Bengals team.

You don't think it's concerning what the NFL did?  It's not just about the  Bengals.   I don't like the multiple new precedents the NFL just set.     

Why in the world would you not follow your own rules.  And then make non-sensical, illogical rules during the season.   It makes zero sense.

This. It isn't about our team even. This is bad for the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 11:33 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Of course I believe in this Bengals team.

If they followed their own rules we would have no chance at the 2nd seed anymore.

That is why I stated the team controls their own destiny. They beat the Ravens and it is essentially like none of this even happened. The game was a no contest, it didn't happen. Bengals win their division, but because of the cancelled game, the seeding would be by rule Chiefs, Bills, Bengals. Now to host the game they want the Bengals to win, okay... it's dumb and annoying, but at the same time it is something the Bengals should do.

I'll consider it an issue when it is actually an issue. I don't understand the need to stress about something that:

1) Hasn't happened yet. (Again, if they follow the rules exactly as stated, the Bengals are locked as the 3 seed win or lose)
2) And all the bitching in the world on this message board doesn't change.

People on here are popping a blood vessel and there was even a thread about filing a suit in court. Seriously... that is just absolutely absurd. This is a game, it is entertainment. When people get this worked up over something that hasn't even happened yet, it is a problem.

If the Bills lose and the Bengals win, a lot of fans on this board have a massive amount of walking back and crow to eat about the league being fixed and the league out to get the Bengals.

WHY STRESS OVER SOMETHING THAT MAY NOT EVEN HAPPEN!!!!

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 11:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This. It isn't about our team even. This is bad for the NFL.

I just cannot figure out why they didn't follow the rules.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 09:55 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Bengals can still be #2 with a win and Buffalo loss to NE.

I'll find it so amusing if this is what happens. 

Talk about a ton of angry posters being angry for exactly nothing  Hilarious Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 11:44 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I just cannot figure out why they didn't follow the rules.

Honestly, because one team was going to get screwed either way.

And they spun the bottle till it pointed over at Cincinnati.

I just don't care honestly because I have faith in Burrow. The team went on the road twice last playoffs and went to the Super Bowl. This isn't a situation where playing on the road = loss.

I'd rather the team get their mind off the distractions and focus on beating Baltimore and starting a run.

All this outside noise is actually more harmful then the 2 road games.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 11:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is Samhain. Games should not be decided from paper pushers. Nothing against them, but they are not on the field playing the game.

Damar Hamlin's first words when waking up show what common sense we are speaking of.

Just try and be somewhat fair was what I expected, cancelling the game and screwing the Bengals as usual.

Don't just outright go out of your way and stick the knife in our back as well...

We won the Division and we should host the Divisional game like in the rules. This is the most unprecedented move I have seen from the NFL
since they took away our hurry up Offense back in the day because it was unfair to the rest of the league. 

To be fair, I'd have been just as disappointed if the league decided to make Buffalo forfeit that game as was discussed.  
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 12:15 AM)samhain Wrote: To be fair, I'd have been just as disappointed if the league decided to make Buffalo forfeit that game as was discussed.  

Buffalo forfeited the game the NFL just didn't hold them to it because it would have been a PR nightmare. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 11:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If they followed their own rules we would have no chance at the 2nd seed anymore.

That is why I stated the team controls their own destiny. They beat the Ravens and it is essentially like none of this even happened. The game was a no contest, it didn't happen. Bengals win their division, but because of the cancelled game, the seeding would be by rule Chiefs, Bills, Bengals. Now to host the game they want the Bengals to win, okay... it's dumb and annoying, but at the same time it is something the Bengals should do.

I'll consider it an issue when it is actually an issue. I don't understand the need to stress about something that:

1) Hasn't happened yet. (Again, if they follow the rules exactly as stated, the Bengals are locked as the 3 seed win or lose)
2) And all the bitching in the world on this message board doesn't change.

People on here are popping a blood vessel and there was even a thread about filing a suit in court. Seriously... that is just absolutely absurd. This is a game, it is entertainment. When people get this worked up over something that hasn't even happened yet, it is a problem.

If the Bills lose and the Bengals win, a lot of fans on this board have a massive amount of walking back and crow to eat about the league being fixed and the league out to get the Bengals.

WHY STRESS OVER SOMETHING THAT MAY NOT EVEN HAPPEN!!!!

Actually, they would have had a shot at the second seed if they followed the pre-adjusted rules.  It would basically have been the same scenario as now minus the possibility of the coin flip and potential neutral site home field.  

It's confusing to watch you accuse other posters of getting worked up while typing in all caps and throwing around demonstrably uninformed assertions.  
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 11:44 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'll find it so amusing if this is what happens. 

Talk about a ton of angry posters being angry for exactly nothing  Hilarious Hilarious

Nah, fans had reason to be angry, The ones that will look like idiots are the NFL owners. We're most likely going to get what would have happened in the would have stuck with the rules in place. But they changed them in the blink of an eye during the season. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 12:20 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Buffalo forfeited the game the NFL just didn't hold them to it because it would have been a PR nightmare. 

I'm not sure the Bengals would have held them to it, either.  People would have made Zac out to be Captain Blood if he forced that issue.  

I think you're technically right, to be clear.

What I don't know is if rumors of the Bills not wanting to resume the game at another date are correct.  If they actually tried to reschedule and push the AFC playoffs forward a week to make room and Buffalo declined, then yeah, that's pretty forfeit-y.
Reply/Quote
Chiefs fan here. I just wanted to say that our team earned the #1 seed. Nothing was given to us unlike what the NFL is trying to do with Buffalo. I think they want the Bills in the Super Bowl very bad and have since the season started. I'm not a fan of your team at all but at least you guys earned the Chiefs respect on the field by beating us 3 straight times. We hate you but as a competitor. We hate the Bills for different reasons and have no respect for them at all. They haven't earned anything.

I know some people here think our forum is a hellhole but it's really not. It's the best forum in the world. No message board is more active and bigger. When you have that you get some craziness just because of the volume, but if you take time to dig in you'll see it really isn't as bad as some people think.
Reply/Quote
And the Jags (who look great) - get a home game Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 01:12 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: And the Jags (who look great) - get a home game Hilarious

By the skin of their teeth at home vs Josh Dobbs.  Surprising.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 01:15 AM)samhain Wrote: By the skin of their teeth at home vs Josh Dobbs.  Surprising.

Yeah but - they still get that home game without having to win a high pressure game and then flip a coin if it doesn't work out.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 01:22 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Yeah but - they still get that home game without having to win a high pressure game and then flip a coin if it doesn't work out.

The better team won, but I'd have liked to see the Titans in the postseason.  That team is DOA.  Jacksonville is ascending and Tennessee is on the way down.
Reply/Quote