Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best Teams on Paper in the AFCN
(05-17-2016, 09:13 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I still see Gilmore as their go to guy, no Williams, but I guess that could change this year. They've been hurting since the whole unfortunate injury of Pitta. Hopefully Watson clicks with Flacco the same way lots of other older receivers have.

As far as RBs go, I have to hope it's more like 2014 when we had a healthy line. I know the concern with Stanley will be his run blocking, but I have to hope him healthy is still better than a back up. 

I agree Gilmore is the man if he can stay healthy. Williams will get some opportunities early because Gilmore might start the season on the PuP. 

The backfield is crowded

Forsett

Allen
Taliaferro
Dixon
Richardson
West

Dixon will undoubtedly eat into whoever's at the top of the depth chart.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2016, 10:58 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm with you. For Suggs, I think he brings more with regards to psychological than he does physical. But another year removed, how much of that does he still bring? They're still not even close to being that dominating defense of the 2000's. 

"Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as if their here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday..." Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2016, 10:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: "Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as if their here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday..." Hilarious

Proving once again....Bengal fans wish they had a yesterday.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 08:41 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Proving once again....Bengal fans wish they had a yesterday.

Living in the present is not a bad thing ... unless you have no other choice.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2016, 08:39 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: I agree Gilmore is the man if he can stay healthy. Williams will get some opportunities early because Gilmore might start the season on the PuP. 

The backfield is crowded

Forsett

Allen
Taliaferro
Dixon
Richardson
West

Dixon will undoubtedly eat into whoever's at the top of the depth chart.

Hilarious Ninja
People suck
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 12:35 PM)Griever Wrote: Hilarious Ninja

Yea, it's pretty funny that a former top 3 pick is already projected to be behind a rookie drafted in the 4th round.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 03:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, it's pretty funny that a former top 3 pick is already projected to be behind a rookie drafted in the 4th round.

oh no, i was just laughing that at the fact that the ravens signed him
People suck
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 03:48 PM)Griever Wrote: oh no, i was just laughing that at the fact that the ravens signed him

Gotta fill out that 90 man roster with a few camp bodies.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 08:41 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Proving once again....Bengal fans wish they had a yesterday.

I had a last night...with your mom.
Reply/Quote

(05-18-2016, 09:06 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Living in the present is not a bad thing ... unless you have no other choice.   ThumbsUp

Damn, even taking up for a comment aimed at a hated division rival?  The recent impact that this Bengals team has made on our friendly rivalry is much more serious, than I had imagined..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 08:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Damn, even taking up for a comment aimed at a hated division rival?  The recent impact that this Bengals team has made on our friendly rivalry is much more serious, than I had imagined..

What, exactly, did you think my post meant?  
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 07:59 PM)Beaker Wrote: I had a last night...with your mom.

I feel for you man.  All of your yester...everythings are bad.   Nervous

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 08:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Damn, even taking up for a comment aimed at a hated division rival?  The recent impact that this Bengals team has made on our friendly rivalry is much more serious, than I had imagined..

There you go again...Imagining things.   Mellow

Reply/Quote
Good analysis in the OP.

Offense is a toss up as to who is healthy. We've had problems with that. So has Baltimore. There's always a question about Ben getting injured. If everyone stays healthy, I'd probably keep it Steelers, Bengals, Ravens.

Defense, I think Pitt is going to surprise people this year. The front seven could be very good at getting to the passer. I think they'll be better than the Ravens and should be up there with Cincinnati, which did good with its backfield and linebackers, but still hasn't done anything about getting a pass rush going.
Reply/Quote
Did I stumble into the Roundtable Discussion forum?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 03:48 PM)Griever Wrote: oh no, i was just laughing that at the fact that the ravens signed him

(05-18-2016, 04:51 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Gotta fill out that 90 man roster with a few camp bodies.

Pretty much. If he  actually looks good, hey, you found a cheap #3. If he doesn't, at least the rookies had a veteran to compete against. 

Reply/Quote
I think you left out one important variable...COACHING.
1-Steelers
2-Ravens
3-Browns
4-Bengals

Ravens may have better coaching and Steelers have better talent so it is hard to say between the top 2. So i went with production of last year. Why Browns ahead of Bengals? Because Jackson will breath new life into the team and get the most out of average talent. Marvin Lewis is a good person, a good evaluator of talent. Lewis would make a great, amazing GM. His clock management has improved but the team falls apart during playoffs and I have to assign at least in part, responsibility to Lewis.

Also, Bengals have new coaching staff, a new OC, backer coach, so things may change for the better or worse. But IMO, you must take into account the coaching when rating these four teams.

With that said, the top 3 teams in terms of talent are Bengals, Steelers, and Ravens. Very close in talent.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2016, 05:51 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think you left out one important variable...COACHING.
1-Steelers
2-Ravens
3-Browns
4-Bengals

Meh, I'd put John Harbaugh over Tomlin but that's just me.  

I'd also put Hue at the bottom with a big ol' asterisk for the time being.  Hell, I'd give Tomlin an asterisk too because I have no idea how to judge a HC who was given a Super Bowl caliber team and has spent his entire HC career with a borderline HOF QB.  There is no denying that I'm one who feels Marvin Lewis has under-performed as a HC, though.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2016, 02:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I'd put John Harbaugh over Tomlin but that's just me.  

I'd also put Hue at the bottom with a big ol' asterisk for the time being.  Hell, I'd give Tomlin an asterisk too because I have no idea how to judge a HC who was given a Super Bowl caliber team and has spent his entire HC career with a borderline HOF QB.  There is no denying that I'm one who feels Marvin Lewis has under-performed as a HC, though.

Harbaugh
Tomlin
Lewis
Jackson

The fact that Lewis has taken a team to the playoffs multiple times puts him over Jackson.

Reply/Quote
(05-21-2016, 02:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I'd put John Harbaugh over Tomlin but that's just me.  

Borderline? Hilarious

Guaranteed. A stone cold lock...and working on first ballot. 
Reply/Quote