Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Biden In The Debates......
(09-28-2020, 05:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: Could you imagine the backlash if Biden pulled a stunt like this? 

Still trying to imagine a table with 25 women!

They'd need a section to themselves in the debate.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You'r right. It's just too many of them (especially with the covid compacity) for it to work.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Trump was asked yesterday if he had prepared for the debate. He said "I am running a country, you know. I don't have the luxury".

This was immediately after he returned from playing golf at his course in Virginia...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Back to the drawing board for the Trump campaign, I guess. They must be freaking out over the next two debates.

Joe was steady and recited policy while Trump flailed and sounded erratic. The radical angle didn't stick either. They dared him to renounce the Green New Deal and defunding the police and he did. Trump tried to say he supported Bernie's health care plan, but that lie didn't stick either.

Reply/Quote
This thread hasn’t aged well, to this point. I’m really not sure if this debate was enough to sway voters, but Biden did fine and Trump wasn’t very impressive. He really flubbed the white supremacists question, which is a horrible one to flub considering there is a plethora of “Trump is racist” folks.

We will see what the other two debates look like but I can’t imagine Trump is happy with how tonight went down. He is losing in the polls and needed a victory here and I don’t feel like he even came close to calling this a victory.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 11:53 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Back to the drawing board for the Trump campaign, I guess. They must be freaking out over the next two debates.

Joe was steady and recited policy while Trump flailed and sounded erratic. The radical angle didn't stick either. They dared him to renounce the Green New Deal and defunding the police and he did. Trump tried to say he supported Bernie's health care plan, but that lie didn't stick either.

Biden was reading pre-prepared answers on a sheet while the moderator was asking the questions.  

He obviously had someone write answers beforehand.  His head went down to read at every free second he had.

You could tell Biden had been coached to read and there were a few times when he almost had one of his famous blowups (or even did have a few minor ones).

Trump didn't do too well, but at least he was using his own thoughts.
Reply/Quote
Chris Wallace: "Are you willing, tonight, to condemn white supremacists and militia groups and to say that they need to stand down..."
Donald Trump: "Proud Boys, stand back and stand by! But I'll tell you what, somebody's got to do something about Antifa and the left."

Great stuff.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 08:09 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Biden was reading pre-prepared answers on a sheet while the moderator was asking the questions.  

He obviously had someone write answers beforehand.  His head went down to read at every free second he had.

You could tell Biden had been coached to read and there were a few times when he almost had one of his famous blowups (or even did have a few minor ones).

Is that a knock against Biden, that he was prepared for the debate?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 08:09 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Biden was reading pre-prepared answers on a sheet while the moderator was asking the questions.  

So you mean to say that Biden came to a debate prepared with notes?

The nerve of the guy LOL
Reply/Quote

I’m not surprised by this delusional response, but you’ve gone from Biden requires a teleprompter to Biden can read off a sheet of paper and sound better than Trump, so that’s progress.

Let’s pretend this false premise was true. Are Trump’s own thoughts better than the idea of Biden thinking about the issues with advisors ahead of time? Do you want someone who listens to others and sounds intelligent or someone who speaks without thinking and tells white supremacists to be “on standby” ?

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 08:26 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Is that a knock against Biden, that he was prepared for the debate?

They made they same complaint about Clinton.  She DARED prepare and have answers.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 08:16 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Chris Wallace: "Are you willing, tonight, to condemn white supremacists and militia groups and to say that they need to stand down..."
Donald Trump: "Proud Boys, stand back and stand by! But I'll tell you what, somebody's got to do something about Antifa and the left."

Great stuff.  

Many people, some on this board, will tell you Trump was right and that its the left we have to worry about.

Many other people, like me, will tell you that the POTUS could have said he denounces all violent groups.  That all outside agitators should stay away from the peaceful protests and let the police deal with the trouble makers.

But that's not what Trump wants.  He even denied knowing what Kelly Ann said...and Biden called him out on it.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 08:26 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Is that a knock against Biden, that he was prepared for the debate?
If he was prepared, why would he need notes?  What notes would he need?  He was given answers beforehand to respond.  
(09-30-2020, 08:45 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: So you mean to say that Biden came to a debate prepared with notes?

The nerve of the guy LOL
Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Prepared?!  

They were pre-prepared responses, NOT NOTES!  

What were they notes of, as you two claim?!

Oh, by the way, he was wearing a wire!  

(09-30-2020, 08:55 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I’m not surprised by this delusional response, but you’ve gone from Biden requires a teleprompter to Biden can read off a sheet of paper and sound better than Trump, so that’s progress.

Let’s pretend this false premise was true. Are Trump’s own thoughts better than the idea of Biden thinking about the issues with advisors ahead of time? Do you want someone who listens to others and sounds intelligent or someone who speaks without thinking and tells white supremacists to be “on standby” ?

He can't think independently! 

He obviously couldn't have a teleprompter in the debates, but see above that he had a wire.

I'm not surprised by your response because, like always, you just personally attack me and act like it somehow builds your case.

Congrats  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 08:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: They made they same complaint about Clinton.  She DARED prepare and have answers.

...to the questions she was given beforehand.

Thought maybe you got interrupted before you could finish your sentence. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
This seems like a panic move from the Trump side to explain why a man they promised was barely conscious was able to speak semi coherently for 90 minutes.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 02:24 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: This thread hasn’t aged well, to this point. I’m really not sure if this debate was enough to sway voters, but Biden did fine and Trump wasn’t very impressive. He really flubbed the white supremacists question, which is a horrible one to flub considering there is a plethora of “Trump is racist” folks.

Imho he didn't just "flub" it though. He took the opportunity to tell Proud Boys to "stand by", which I found terrifying. Austrian media agrees, that is the most major point highlighted from our news outlets, and I have to agree with that take.

The idea that Trump will just declare victory despite a loss and call the election rigged and has his own paramilitarics to back him up on the streets is not looking so absurd any longer.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 09:09 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: If he was prepared, why would he need notes?  What notes would he need?  He was given answers beforehand to respond.  
Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Prepared?!  

They were pre-prepared responses, NOT NOTES!  

What were they notes of, as you two claim?!

Oh, by the way, he was wearing a wire!  

He can't think independently! 

He obviously couldn't have a teleprompter in the debates, but see above that he had a wire.

I'm not surprised by your response because, like always, you just personally attack me and act like it somehow builds your case.

Congrats  ThumbsUp

It's a shirt wrinkle.  Jesus Christ.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 09:09 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: He can't think independently! 

Congrats  ThumbsUp

I didn't attack you personally. Your comments were delusional and I explained why.

But this response is even more delusional. You're arguing that a crease in his shirt is a wire...? lol, come on, man. I get it. You've made weekly threads about Joe Biden being senile and he destroyed that argument last night. At some point you have to move on when reality contradicts your beliefs.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 09:23 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I didn't attack you personally. Your comments were delusional and I explained why.

But this response is even more delusional. You're arguing that a crease in his shirt is a wire...? lol, come on, man. I get it. You've made weekly threads about Joe Biden being senile and he destroyed that argument last night. At some point you have to move on when reality contradicts your beliefs.

My wife will be elated to know that her father's Alzheimer's can be cured via a cheat sheet and a shirt wrinkle wire, though. 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 09:13 AM)michaelsean Wrote: ...to the questions she was given beforehand.

Thought maybe you got interrupted before you could finish your sentence.  LOL

I've heard people say that.  Smirk

Last night both candidates knew the topics a week or so ahead of time.  Biden prepared.  Trump golfed.

The results showed.
Reply/Quote