Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Biden named the projected winner
Fox, NBC, AP and others have projected Biden to be the winner.
Reply/Quote
Cool
Reply/Quote
Good. Get some sleep Joe. You have a hell of a mess to clean up.
Reply/Quote
No matter what side you're on, the record voter participation (around 145m votes counted so far) was great to see.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 04:10 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: No matter what side you're on, the record voter participation (around 145m votes counted so far) was great to see.

Think it's projected to be the highest % turnout since 1900.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 03:55 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Good. Get some sleep Joe. You have a hell of a mess to clean up.

No matter who won the economy would have had some serious problems over the next two years.  Dems will probably take a beating in 2022.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 05:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No matter who won the economy would have had some serious problems over the next two years.  Dems will probably take a beating in 2022.

Weird.....I was literally telling my wife this. They've gotta put in the work starting now. 
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 04:10 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: No matter what side you're on, the record voter participation (around 145m votes counted so far) was great to see.

Yup. Even if Trump won, it was impressive. I make no bones about not being a Trump fan. However, I also was ready to accept the results no matter what. We are all Americans! 
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 05:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No matter who won the economy would have had some serious problems over the next two years.  Dems will probably take a beating in 2022.

Apparently, Biden and McConnell have been talking over the past couple of days. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but hopefully they can find some common areas to work on and get accomplished over the next 4 years. 
Reply/Quote
Thank God.

I mean, I will miss this weird show somehow. But this was getting too cynical and too hard to stomach. The mere idiocy, the whole primitivity, the extreme hubris. The autocratic tendencies, the vile rhetorics, the dark conspiracies, the disrespect for people, for the rule of law. All the lies and falsehoods about matters large and small. Coming from the president of the United States.

He was dangerous. But even more so, he was an embarrassment and a disgrace. As a person, as a leader, and for your country.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sanity prevails. Now bring on stability.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Couple of questions:

With the expected slew of court filings and appeals that are expected to follow, how long do you think this drags out?

Also, any rumors out there who might be a part of his cabinet, or names you would want to see considered?
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 05:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Couple of questions:

With the expected slew of court filings and appeals that are expected to follow, how long do you think this drags out?

Also, any rumors out there who might be a part of his cabinet, or names you would want to see considered?

I know it’s tradition but I doubt we see a bunch of family members handed important roles. Though I would like to see Hunter named czar of Oil, Ukraine, and China just to troll.

I also doubt we see industry lobbyists who fought against agency regulations named to head that very agency like we have in recent history.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 05:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Apparently, Biden and McConnell have been talking over the past couple of days. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but hopefully they can find some common areas to work on and get accomplished over the next 4 years. 

This was something we talked about at work Friday.  I am one of two Democrats vs 14 republicans there.  And they were all on about Pelosi pushing the new green deal and all the liberal stuff Biden was going to do.  I explained that without control of the Senate liberals aren't doing too much but also that McConnell might work better with Biden than with Trump...no one "liked" Trump.  That might mean that we'll see some bipartisan stuff that will be good for all sides.

Or it might not.

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 05:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Couple of questions:

The earlier filings were tossed pretty quickly.  If Trump was a rational person I'd think maybe someone can talk to him and end this...but he's not so he won't.
Reply/Quote
Trump found out he lost while he was golfing...which pretty much sums up his entire term.

Reply/Quote
And a last thought today (thanks for having this open due to the circumstances too):

I found my FB post from after the 2016 election.  It basically said that the election was over and we'd all have to accept it and see what happens over the next four years then we'd get to vote again.  I wish I could have kept my promise to be done with politics then but it's not in my nature...lol...but I did maintain that Trump was President and would be held to whatever he said or did the next he was up for election.  And I say the same thing now about Biden.  

I'm seeing plenty of #notmypresident on FB and Twitter and lots of complaining about fraud and all the other stuff that I hope we can get past just like I hoped it would stop and people would get past it in 2016.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 06:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: And a last thought today (thanks for having this open due to the circumstances too):

I found my FB post from after the 2016 election.  It basically said that the election was over and we'd all have to accept it and see what happens over the next four years then we'd get to vote again.  I wish I could have kept my promise to be done with politics then but it's not in my nature...lol...but I did maintain that Trump was President and would be held to whatever he said or did the next he was up for election.  And I say the same thing now about Biden.  

I'm seeing plenty of #notmypresident on FB and Twitter and lots of complaining about fraud and all the other stuff that I hope we can get past just like I hoped it would stop and people would get past it in 2016.

It won't stop and Facebook is a major reason why... I'm really over the climate in this country. I'm not the first to say it, but we're not (each other's) enemies. It's ok to disagree with people. It doesn't have to be a line in the sand though. I think when the day rolls around that the United States is no longer the big man on the block this hatred and distrust we have for our neighbors will be a major reason why. Having said all that; I'm glad he's gone. Gonna be an interesting next coupla months.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
This means the Rona is over now too... Right? I was told it goes away after the election.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Actually, the economy has improved markedly. The monthly jobs report Friday showed unemployment dropped to 6.9 percent.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote