Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Biden named the projected winner
In 2016 I stayed home hated both. Donald Trump's the worst president we ever had. Hillary would have gave him good competition. We would have had close to a Wuhan style lockdown had she been president. Could we please stay away from the far right and far left of candidates from this point forward. Everyone moving further left and further right can lead to a civil war this needs to stop.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 12:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You also made some comments about "equality".

But for some reason you are running away from discussing those.

Pretty sure I've called Biden a perverted old man for the way he caresses youngsters. 

Now do you have anything of substance to add to the thread? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 12:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Trump will be a huge asset to whomever the GOP select for 2024; 

Hilarious

Goalposts posts some stats that show that Trump personally was the main reason people voted against the GOP candidate in this election and somehow you interpret that to mean Trump will be a huge asset to the next GOP candidate.

The whole "Look at me I.  I can act like a 14-year-old twitter troll" act is not really that popular with most grown ups.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 12:27 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: In 2016 I stayed home hated both. Donald Trump's the worst president we ever had. Hillary would have gave him good competition. We would have had close to a Wuhan style lockdown had she been president. Could we please stay away from the far right and far left of candidates from this point forward. Everyone moving further left and further right can lead to a civil war this needs to stop.

For what it's worth, the DNC agrees with you about staying away from extremes. That's why they nominated Biden haha.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 12:33 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: For what it's worth, the DNC agrees with you about staying away from extremes. That's why they nominated Biden haha
Imagine if D elected Omar of MN and she won because America hated Trump that much. Their would be civil war today. If someone doesnt get Trump to concede  the 25 percent loyal followers may cause it soon. We are on the brink. This is exactly what Russia wants and we are playing right into their hands,
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 12:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hilarious

Goalposts posts some stats that show that Trump personally was the main reason people voted against the GOP candidate in this election and somehow you interpret that to mean Trump will be a huge asset to the next GOP candidate.

The whole "Look at me I.  I can act like a 14-year-old twitter troll" act is not really that popular with most grown ups.

Over 70 million folks voted for Trump and a large majority of those that voted for Biden did so just not to vote for Trump.

It's fair to assume those 70 million will remain loyal and a few of those 75 million that voted against him will rethink their priorities when he's not the person actually running. 

You're free to disagree with the assertion that Trump will be an asset to the 2024 GOP ticket...I feel he can and will. Joe beat him afterall; he'll not let that rest. 

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 12:33 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: For what it's worth, the DNC agrees with you about staying away from extremes. That's why they nominated Biden haha.

It seems the whole defund the police among other things hurt the democrats in congressional races as well.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 12:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's fair to assume those 70 million will remain loyal and a few of those 75 million that voted against him will rethink their priorities when he's not the person actually running. 

If the GOP's hope rest on people changing their mind once Trump is out of the picture then it won't help to bring him back into the picture.

Trump will always bee a symbol of the total asshole element of the Republican party.  The candidate who welcomed Confederate flags to his campaign rallies and was the darling of white supremacists.  The misogynistic pusssy-grabber who told middle class women everything would be alright because he was getting their husbands jobs back..  The twitter troll.  Putin's little pet.  The President who admitted to lying to the American public about the dangers of the pandemic.

The only reason Trump was ever tolerated by a majority of the GOP was his economic policy of using huge deficits and military spending to pump up the economy and his objection to abortion.  Any candidate can take those positions and get just as many votes as Trump did without losing all the votes from the people who despised him.

It amazes me how many GOP supporters who think the rest of the GOP loves lying asshole twitter trolls as President.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 12:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Over 70 million folks voted for Trump and a large majority of those that voted for Biden did so just not to vote for Trump.

It's fair to assume those 70 million will remain loyal and a few of those 75 million that voted against him will rethink their priorities when he's not the person actually running. 

You're free to disagree with the assertion that Trump will be an asset to the 2024 GOP ticket...I feel he can and will. Joe beat him afterall; he'll not let that rest. 

At the moment I have a hard time believing Trump isn't the 2024 Republican nominee. If not papa, Jr gives it a whirl. On the surface I think that'd be funny, but I thought it was funny that Trump won the nomination in 2016... It's not funny to me anymore.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 01:19 PM)jason Wrote: At the moment I have a hard time believing Trump isn't the 2024 Republican nominee. If not papa, Jr gives it a whirl. On the surface I think that'd be funny, but I thought it was funny that Trump won the nomination in 2016... It's not funny to me anymore.

It will be interesting to see.  His ego might make him want to run again.  And his Twitter followers will encourage it for sure.

Jr probably has aspirations of greatness but while he has his father's ability to bully and yell things he lacks his father's ability to con people.  

And he's just Kimberly Guilfoyle's sidepiece anyway.   Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 01:19 PM)jason Wrote: At the moment I have a hard time believing Trump isn't the 2024 Republican nominee. If not papa, Jr gives it a whirl. On the surface I think that'd be funny, but I thought it was funny that Trump won the nomination in 2016... It's not funny to me anymore.

As I've said in the past: America would never vote for a 78 year old; that would be just silly, so I think Trump is out. I damn sure hope Jr of the other son doesn't run. Now Ivanka, that's a different story.

Of course I'm already jumping on the Crenshaw 2024 wagon. 

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 12:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty sure I've called Biden a perverted old man for the way he caresses youngsters. 

Now do you have anything of substance to add to the thread? 

I think Kamala did too.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 01:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I've said in the past: America would never vote for a 78 year old; that would be just silly, so I think Trump is out. I damn sure hope Jr of the other son doesn't run. Now Ivanka, that's a different story.

Of course I'm already jumping on the Crenshaw 2024 wagon. 

I don't dislike Crenshaw myself.... I wasn't a fan of how he flip-flopped when Trump won, but he certainly wasn't the only one that did so.

I think you were poking fun, but I'm certainly over electing senior citizens myself. It's all we had to choose from this time though. It's crazy that the men we elected in 1992 and 2000 are still younger than both of these guys were.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 01:41 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Back on subject because it's my fault we got off.

I think Mayor Pete will have a place in a Biden cabinet perhaps Sec of Treasury

Definitely not. Warren will be Secretary of Treasury.

(11-08-2020, 01:41 AM)bfine32 Wrote: McChrystal has a good chance of Sec of Defense

I'm saying Duckworth, honestly.

(11-08-2020, 01:41 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Hunter has a Law degree from Harvard so Attorney General

That was just a troll statement.

I'm pulling for Yates on this one.

(11-08-2020, 01:41 AM)bfine32 Wrote: AOC as Sec of Labor

I'm pretty sure this was another troll job. I'm going with either Tom Perez or Bernie on this one.

(11-08-2020, 12:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Over 70 million folks voted for Trump and a large majority of those that voted for Biden did so just not to vote for Trump.

I don't think 51% really qualifies as a "large majority."
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 02:55 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Definitely not. Warren will be Secretary of Treasury.

I'm saying Duckworth, honestly.

That was just a troll statement.

I'm pulling for Yates on this one.

I'm pretty sure this was another troll job. I'm going with either Tom Perez or Bernie on this one.

I don't think 51% really qualifies as a "large majority."
Yes to Hunter, no to AOC. 

I could see Dick Durbin as AG if he wants it

With AOC's blue collar background and her Green New Deal I can see here getting the Labor nod. 

Mayor Pete definitely gets a spot IMO. Being as he's a Rhodes Scholar with an Econ degree from Oxford I selected Sec of the Treasury. 

I also see a place for Stacy Abrams

Let me give some a shot:

Sec of State: Liz Warren

Sec of Treas: Mayor Pete

Sec of Defense: GEN McCrystal

AG: Stacy Abrams

Sec of Commerce: Andrew Wang

Sec of Housing: Bill DeBlasio

As to the 51% that's what was reported; we know how polls work (margin of error and all); it's why I said "I think" it was much higher; as nobody I talked to here or in real life was stoked about Biden.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 01:53 PM)jason Wrote: I don't dislike Crenshaw myself.... I wasn't a fan of how he flip-flopped when Trump won, but he certainly wasn't the only one that did so.

I think you were poking fun, but I'm certainly over electing senior citizens myself. It's all we had to choose from this time though. It's crazy that the men we elected in 1992 and 2000 are still younger than both of these guys were.

It's why I said the Dems may have made a mistake selecting Harris. I know he promised a woman and I feel was forced into making it one of color. But Harris really isn't likable. She bombed early in the primaries. She's only a name because of the Kavanaugh hearings. 

They need to prop up a younger moderate. 

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 03:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes to Hunter, no to AOC. 

I could see Dick Durbin as AG if he wants it

With AOC's blue collar background and her Green New Deal I can see here getting the Labor nod. 

Mayor Pete definitely gets a spot IMO. Being as he's a Rhodes Scholar with an Econ degree from Oxford I selected Sec of the Treasury. 

I also see a place for Stacy Abrams

Let me give some a shot:

Sec of State: Liz Warren

Sec of Treas: Mayor Pete

Sec of Defense: GEN McCrystal

AG: Stacy Abrams

Sec of Commerce: Andrew Wang

Sec of Housing: Bill DeBlasio

As to the 51% that's what was reported; we know how polls work (margin of error and all); it's why I said "I think" it was much higher; as nobody I talked to here or in real life was stoked about Biden.

Here is my list:

State - Susan Rice
Treasury - Elizabeth Warren
Defense - Tammy Duckworth
Justice - Sally Yates
Interior - Tom Udall
Agriculture - Heidi Heitkamp
Commerce - Andrew Yang
Labor - Bernie Sanders
Health and Human Services - Vivek Murthy
Housing and Urban Development - Maurice Jones
Transportation - Rahm Emmanuel
Energy - Ernest Moniz
Education - Linda Darling-Hammond
Veterans' Affairs - Pete Buttigieg
Homeland Security - Alejandro Mayorkas

I think AOC has ruffled too many feathers to get her in the cabinet at this point. As for Abrams, I think they see her as a more valuable asset out in the field than in the administration.

Edit: I said that about AOC then saw this article pop up: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/07/us/politics/aoc-biden-progressives.html
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 02:58 AM)Benton Wrote: I agree, we should. Unfortunately, it's difficult to do that when people insist on making irrelevant jabs.

If you would prefer to stay on topic, set that precedent. Hold yourself to a standard. Not even a higher one, just a bare minimum.

So...isn't that something that's done on the reg around here? 

I can only speak for myself but i kind of viewed it as a throwaway line, of sorts. She chose to be unfaithful. Some people don't take that lightly and while it's her's and his personal business, it does speak to her character, so i just saw it as tit for tat. Not that big of a deal. This is my only thought on the matter so i won't keep it going but i would expect and respect your reply. 

Back on topic. As much as i'm not a fan of career politicians, i do expect things to calm down a bit as far as the current social outrage goes and it should be good to finally get some people in positions that are more deserving and able to (hopefully) get jobs done moreso than focusing on nepotism and how unqualified someone is. I just hope we're not about to go back to $4 a gallon of gas and higher interest rates because i'm still planning on selling the house and moving to Florida in the next 2-4 years. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 03:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's why I said the Dems may have made a mistake selecting Harris. I know he promised a woman and I feel was forced into making it one of color. But Harris really isn't likable. She bombed early in the primaries. She's only a name because of the Kavanaugh hearings. 

Harris was not my first choice, but she worked because of her background as a Prosecutor.  Republicans could not attack her on hating police or being weak on crime. 

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 03:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Back on topic. As much as i'm not a fan of career politicians, i do expect things to calm down a bit as far as the current social outrage goes and it should be good to finally get some people in positions that are more deserving and able to (hopefully) get jobs done moreso than focusing on nepotism and how unqualified someone is. I just hope we're not about to go back to $4 a gallon of gas and higher interest rates because i'm still planning on selling the house and moving to Florida in the next 2-4 years. 

Yep. I'm not a big fan of Biden himself, but I think he'll surround himself with qualified people...instead of large donors, tv pundits and family members. I just want to see some professionalism in the White House for the next 4 years. 
Reply/Quote