Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Biden named the projected winner
(11-07-2020, 11:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: More or less classy than doing it?  More or less classy than making fun of Trump and his affair?  Or Clinton and his?

To the first question: that's between them.

To the second: that's between he and his mistresses. Although, I do admit to chuckling when people talk about how he's such a pious guy.

To the third: that's between he and his mistresses. Although, I do admit to chuckling when Congress members on their third or fifth wives or busted in gay pay-for-play stings were criticizing Clinton for not being a pious guy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 11:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's different to some. Harris is a female

We must apply an extra filter to not offend those that think they're about treating everyone equally.

I don't recall you applying the same cynical eye to Trump and his multiple affairs.

I guess you're right. It is different to some. She's not a Republican.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 11:40 PM)Benton Wrote: To the first question: that's between them.

To the second: that's between he and his mistresses. Although, I do admit to chuckling when people talk about how he's such a pious guy.

To the third: that's between he and his mistresses. Although, I do admit to chuckling when Congress members on their third or fifth wives or busted in gay pay-for-play stings were criticizing Clinton for not being a pious guy.
I too admit to chuckling at the hypocrisy of folks

(11-07-2020, 11:43 PM)Benton Wrote: I don't recall you applying the same cynical eye to Trump and his multiple affairs.

I guess you're right. It is different to some. She's not a Republican.

Well then you mis-remembered. I never once balked when folks brought up Trumps affairs. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 11:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's different to some. Harris is a female

We must apply an extra filter to not offend those that think they're about treating everyone equally.

So, you referred to Donald Trump and Bill Clinton as 'side pieces' too? 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 11:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, you referred to Donald Trump and Bill Clinton as 'side pieces' too? 

Not that I recall. Why would I do that?

I often referred to Trump as a narcissist, petulant child, and liar.

Clinton was just a ho-dog.

IMO it's fair to refer to her as such given her relationship with Willie Brown.

But I must say; this new found pearl clutching over personal behavior will be entertaining. 

Reply/Quote
4 years ago I stated we're going to spend the next 4 years hating what we applauded for the last 8.

Tonight I can say: We will spend the next 4 years defending what we attacked the last 4.

Let's see if I'm as prophetic tonight as I was 4 years ago.

Reply/Quote
POUTASS needs to just tear gas these people in front of the white house and walk across the street with his bible for another photo opp.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 11:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I too admit to chuckling at the hypocrisy of folks

Well then you mis-remembered. I never once balked when folks brought up Trumps affairs. 

I don't read every post, but I can't recall you referring to trump as a Serial Cheater in Chief when it was irrelevant to the conversation as you just did with the Veep in waiting.

Are you chuckling at yourself? Your comment on side piece had 0 to do with the candidate and is just a sad dig.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 12:17 AM)Benton Wrote: I don't read every post, but I can't recall you referring to trump as a Serial Cheater in Chief when it was irrelevant to the conversation as you just did with the Veep in waiting.

Are you chuckling at yourself?

Maybe just insecurity over the fact that Kamala Harris did more for her country in one evening than Bfine32 will do in his entire life?

Or just trolling.

Or both.
Reply/Quote
I'll kindly remind folks to focus on the subject of the thread and not each other. 

Reply/Quote
Now that Biden has won, does that mean we get 4 years of Jim Carrey on SNL?  Smirk
Reply/Quote
Little late but it just donned on me. Where was the hate division in the acceptance speech? Wtf.?

The lies are still there obviously. If you are going to be a president for all Americans Joe you need to step up the divisive rhetoric the GOP craves so much.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 12:44 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Little late but it just donned on me. Where was the hate division in the acceptance speech? Wtf.?

The lies are still there obviously. If you are going to be a president for all Americans Joe you need to step up the divisive rhetoric the GOP craves so much.

Biden's speech was pretty much run-of-the-mill, but I thought Harris did a helluva job with hers. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 12:20 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Maybe just insecurity over the fact that Kamala Harris did more for her country in one evening than Bfine32 will do in his entire life?

Or just trolling.

Or both.

I don't usually get into this but isn't serving your country, doing something for your country?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 12:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll kindly remind folks to focus on the subject of the thread and not each other. 

Maybe comment on the subject instead of making disparaging remarks against a woman?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 12:56 AM)Benton Wrote: Maybe comment on the subject instead of making disparaging remarks against a woman?

I did. Go back and read the post that got folks sprung. I disparaged the candidate the Dems will have to support in 2024 as a reason why most conservatives will remain calm over the next 4 years. The fact that candidate is a women meant very little to me.

Do you have any thoughts on the subject? 

Shout out to Matt for commenting on the subject in response to my post. As to the rest....

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 12:53 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't usually get into this but isn't serving your country, doing something for your country?

I've always believed that signing your name and becoming a GI is the highest form of patriotism.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 12:47 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Biden's speech was pretty much run-of-the-mill, but I thought Harris did a helluva job with hers. 

Yea Obama raised the bar when it comes to public speaking. Joe did a lot better tonight than he did last night. But it will never be a strong point for him. I wish they would get rid of the teleprompters but that will never happen. I thought his speech was pretty good. It’s the type of thing that will irritate the far left though because he wants to work across the isle. But it’s what’s best for the country. But it is going to be a difficult trying to go the bipartisan route when the gop is loaded with Tea baggers trumpets and qmorons now. There is probably a few level headed ones left but idk.

Maybe the new astronaut senator will think of a way to breach the partisan divide.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 01:03 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I did. Go back and read the post that got folks sprung. I disparaged the candidate the Dems will have to support in 2024 as a reason why most conservatives will remain calm over the next 4 years. The fact that candidate is a women meant very little to me.

Do you have any thoughts on the subject? 

Shout out to Matt for commenting on the subject in response to my post. As to the rest....

I don't remember starting a thread about Harris' sex life. I'm pretty sure it was about Biden being declared the winner.

Yet, you felt the need to introduce it, then cry foul when others responded, accusing them of getting off topic. 

You can't preach to others to stay on subject when you purposely took it in a different direction.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 01:13 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yea Obama raised the bar when it comes to public speaking. Joe did a lot better tonight than he did last night. But it will never be a strong point for him. I wish they would get rid of the teleprompters but that will never happen. I thought his speech was pretty good. It’s the type of thing that will irritate the far left though because he wants to work across the isle. But it’s what’s best for the country. But it is going to be a difficult trying to go the bipartisan route when the gop is loaded with Tea baggers trumpets and qmorons now. There is probably a few level headed ones left but idk.

Maybe the new astronaut senator will think of a way to breach the partisan divide.

There's no doubt that Obama was/is a gifted speaker. 

Reply/Quote