Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Biden's "Press Conference"!
Pre-determined questions from pre-determined reporters. What a farce.
64 days into his presidency at that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The reporters are reading pre-prepared questions and Biden is staring down at pre-prepared responses!  

He's reading for over 50% of the answers!

Are you serious?!  

Someone please try and defend this!

We elected a puppet!  This is proof!
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 03:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The reporters are reading pre-prepared questions and Biden is staring down at pre-prepared responses!  

He's reading for over 50% of the answers!

Are you serious?!  

Someone please try and defend this!

We elected a puppet!  This is proof!

Never at that level, but I have sat in on press briefings. Some asked (not required) to have a couple questions in advance. Personally, I preferred that. 

The point of a pc isn't to make someone look stupid or unprepared. It's not supposed to be a 'gotcha' moment, which is, at least at that level, what it's become. The point of it is to quickly and efficiently disseminate information. That's a lot easier if they have that information beforehand.

There's nothing worse for a reporter working an actual story to need info and not have it available. The second worse thing is not getting to ask your question because some other reporter keeps trying to throw curve balls. 

Edit to add: also, this is what's going to happen if alt media keeps trying to say his stutter is him dropping n-bombs and similar ludicrous crap.
Reply/Quote
Kinda catching up on bits and pieces but it seems the reporters didn't have a lot of questions and he answered them?

I suppose he could have insulted a few but instead he stood there and answered the questions instead.

Of course now FOX has to reset its "Days since a press conference" graphic so I can understand the right's frustration.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 03:31 PM)Benton Wrote: Never at that level, but I have sat in on press briefings. Some asked (not required) to have a couple questions in advance. Personally, I preferred that. 

The point of a pc isn't to make someone look stupid or unprepared. It's not supposed to be a 'gotcha' moment, which is, at least at that level, what it's become. The point of it is to quickly and efficiently disseminate information. That's a lot easier if they have that information beforehand.

There's nothing worse for a reporter working an actual story to need info and not have it available. The second worse thing is not getting to ask your question because some other reporter keeps trying to throw curve balls. 

Edit to add: also, this is what's going to happen if alt media keeps trying to say his stutter is him dropping n-bombs and similar ludicrous crap.

I thought he got through it ok for the most part.  The only thing that really surprised me was how much he had to rely on his notes.  I expect him to have notes, I have always said I would be fair, but he appeared to be reading 80+% of the time.  The only other thing I thought was funny was when he said you will have transparency after I fix the horrible conditions.  lmao!!

I saw a bunch of articles about Harris being tapped to fix the border crisis and how she was the wrong choice, blah blah blah.  I don't agree with that.  I very much dislike/distrust her, but it would not be fair to judge her ability to handle the border crisis before she even has a chance to deal with it.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 03:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: Kinda catching up on bits and pieces but it seems the reporters didn't have a lot of questions and he answered them?

I suppose he could have insulted a few but instead he stood there and answered the questions instead.

Of course now FOX has to reset its "Days since a press conference" graphic so I can understand the right's frustration.  Smirk

Who is frustrated?  I don't like the policies of Biden or Harris, but I am glad he made it through ok without making the US look silly.

You really like labels and boxes!  Why does every issue have to be left/right/dem/repub?  Why can it not just be an issue to be thought about and discussed.
Reply/Quote
Two threads on this topic started by two guys who think alike.

Neither one of them said a single thing about the substance of the press conference or any comments made on any policies.

Instead they just concentrate on how Biden delivered the information.

Substance does not matter to either of them. All they care about is the show and the hate.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 03:53 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Who is frustrated?  I don't like the policies of Biden or Harris, but I am glad he made it through ok without making the US look silly.

You really like labels and boxes!  Why does every issue have to be left/right/dem/repub?  Why can it not just be an issue to be thought about and discussed.

So, first, if I make a comment and you are not of the people who feels that way then I'm not talking about you...so you'll be fine.

Secondly the folks on the right are frustrated.  They get mad when he doesn't have a PC, they get mad when he does and doesn't do it the way they want, they get mad...it's what they do.  Especially about Democrats and liberals. 

Are you new here?

Dirty little secret is:  The left gets made about stuff too.

Glad I could clear that up.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 04:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Two threads on this topic started by two guys who think alike.

Neither one of them said a single thing about the substance of the press conference or any comments made on any policies.

Substance does not matter to either of them.  All they care about is the show and the hate.

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and say that fox news is saying the same thing... 
Reply/Quote
Just like the other thread on this same topic.

Not one comment on what Biden said. Nothing about policy or information.

Just concentrate on how Biden delivered the information because all that matters is the show and the hate.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 04:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Two threads on this topic started by two guys who think alike.

Substance does not matter to either of them.  All they care about is the show and the hate.

Typical response from you. What gleaming tidbits did you gather from it ?

Everything is all Trumps fault. We already knew that didn't we ?

No press on the border till he can prepare for it. 

Perfectly willing to do away with the filibuster.

The filibuster is racist. 

Somehow thinks he has Republican voters support.

Scared to death to take a question from a rookie reporter who no doubt will ask him a tough question with a tougher follow-up.

He can ramble on I'll give him credit for that. 

47 years as a politician will give you that ability. 

It was a lot of things but it certainly wasn't a press conference. It was an organized question and answer session with preselected media asking a very tight range of questions.

Where was your disdain for hate during the last presidents news conferences ?
Reply/Quote
No one is questioning his delivery Fred. He did better with that than I thought he would.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 05:16 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: No one is questioning his delivery Fred. He did better with that than I thought he would.

I'm questioning the delivery.

He was staring down and reading from a page a majority of the time.  

No one is questioning his policies or information because they clearly didn't come from his mind.
Reply/Quote
I meant his stuttering.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 05:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: No one is questioning his policies or information because they clearly didn't come from his mind.

We have been over this many times, Brad.  Remember when you used to claim that Biden needed a telepropter and Trump didn't?

Just because a person uses notes or a teleprompter that does not mean he does not know what he is talking about.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 05:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm questing the delivery.

He was staring down and reading from a page a majority of the time.  

No one is questioning his policies or information because they clearly didn't come from his mind.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 05:07 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Somehow thinks he has Republican voters support.

He said he did on his recent economic stimulus and he is correct

60% of Republican voters support Biden's $1.9 trillion stimulus plan, poll finds (msn.com)

60% of Republican voters support Biden's $1.9 trillion stimulus plan, poll finds
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 06:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He said he did on his recent economic stimulus and he is correct

They say that if you starve a dog long enough, he'll gladly eat the poisoned food..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Rasmussen has Biden at 47 approve, 51 disapprove. This is an overall rating.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 06:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They say that if you starve a dog long enough, he'll gladly eat the poisoned food..

And we have all been starved for a real President for the last 4 years.
Reply/Quote