Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Biden's Press Conference!
(08-31-2020, 03:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He was listing BAD things Trump has done, and he said "..... Covid, economic devastation, unwarranted police violence, emboldened white nationalists, a reckoning on race, declining faith, and the birth..... and.... of..... birth of the Bright American future."

HE JUST GAVE TRUMP A COMPLIMENT!

HE SAID TRUMP OVERSAW THE BIRTH OF A BRIGHT AMERICAN FUTURE!

ThumbsUp

Hilarious

[Image: 200.gif]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 03:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So your question now is why did Hilary Clinton laugh at Donald Trump during the 2016 debates?

How am I qualified to answer that?

Really?!  

Anyone that's not biased can answer that.  

She was trying to make it seem like his answers were a complete joke with no merit and she was trying to pander to the uneducated voters who had no clue what was going on and would just look at her and think "oh, she's laughing at him......  he must have no clue what's going on!"

Otherwise, why wouldn't she just counter his points?  

Also, it's not a strong move in debates to laugh or let any emotion show.  She's a politician, she knew that, but was trying to steal the election, like I've been saying.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 04:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Really?!  

By your own assertion I stopped reading here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 04:03 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: [Image: 200.gif]

How's that reaching?  

I pointed out more slips in Biden's mental abilities.  
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 04:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: By your own assertion I stopped reading here.

Lies.  

That's an obvious attempt by you to discredit the person you're debating when you have no response.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 04:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How's that reaching?  

No, you pointed out speaking flubs. They do not show "slips in Biden's mental abilities." Trying to claim they are is absolutely reaching.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 04:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How's that reaching?  

Take time one afternoon to google some of Donald Trump's own gaffs and moronic statements.  Shouldn't be too hard for you.  Lord knows there's plenty to pick from. Just poke your head out from the sand and take a look around for a bit. We'll wait for you.  

Tell you what.  I'll meet you half way.  They're BOTH senile old men on the cognitive decline.  Fair?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 04:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Lies.  

That's an obvious attempt by you to discredit the person you're debating when you have no response.

You brought up bias, you can't honestly tell me that you have no bias towards either Hillary or Trump.  You are telling me that you are 100% down the middle with those two?  Don't have a single preferential cell in your body towards either?

You are biased, and by your own statement that anyone that isn't biased can see, you are telling me to disregard the statement you are making.  I'm just playing by your rules, here.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 04:07 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Take some time one afternoon to google some of Donald Trump's own gaffs and moronic statements.  Shouldn't be too hard for you.  Lord knows there's plenty to pick from.  Just poke your head out from the sand and take a look around for a bit.  We'll wait for you.  

Tell you what.  I'll meet you half way.  They're BOTH senile old men on the cognitive decline.  Fair?

All you have to do is type "presidential bloopers" into youtube and you'll get hours of video of presidents and other high-ranking politicians saying stupid stuff and misspeaking.  I'd have to re-watch a lot of it, but I'm pretty sure George HW Bush once said he and Regan had sex.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 04:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: She was trying to make it seem like his answers were a complete joke with no merit and she was trying to pander to the uneducated voters who had no clue what was going on and would just look at her and think "oh, she's laughing at him......  he must have no clue what's going on!"

She was trying to make him look stupid.  That is what all candidates do all the time.  It is not proof that she knew she was losing.

As for "uneducated voters" I think she had already written them off to Trump.  Polls show that the less education they had the more likely they were to admire Donald Trump.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 03:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He was listing BAD things Trump has done, and he said ".....  Covid, economic devastation, unwarranted police violence, emboldened white nationalists, a reckoning on race, declining faith, and the birth.....  and.... of..... birth of the Bright American future."

HE JUST GAVE TRUMP A COMPLIMENT!

HE SAID TRUMP OVERSAW THE BIRTH OF A BRIGHT AMERICAN FUTURE!

ThumbsUp

Hilarious

The line that was pre-released was: "declining faith in a bright American future"

He said "declining faith in the birth of the right American future" 05:35 mark:

He messed up the line but he didn't compliment Trump. This also isn't any more evidence of his mental faculties declining than the numerous flubs Trump has made that you write off. 

[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 04:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is there whataboutisim going on in this thread? Asking for a friend.

No.  I don't think so.  The only way to fairly judge a candidate is to compare him/her to others.  It is like a person saying that a QB sucked because he threw an incomplete pass.  I would not call it "whataboutism" to point out that every other QB also throws incomplete passes.  

But there are other areas where it is easy to judge someone without just comparing him to others.  For example committing a crime.  I WOULD call it "whataboutism" to point out that other people have also committed crimes.

Do you see the difference?
Reply/Quote
Here is a classic....

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 04:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  I don't think so.  The only way to fairly judge a candidate is to compare him/her to others.  It is like a person saying that a QB sucked because he threw an incomplete pass.  I would not call it "whataboutism" to point out that every other QB also throws incomplete passes.  

But there are other areas where it is easy to judge someone without just comparing him to others.  For example committing a crime.  I WOULD call it "whataboutism" to point out that other people have also committed crimes.

Do you see the difference?

nah, still gotta but this one in whataboutisim. The OP did no comparison, he simply commented on Joe Biden's press conference. Folks around here start numerous threads daily about the bad stuff Trump does and as soon as someone tries to provide an example of something similar happening in the past it's called whatabourisim. Sometimes by the very folks trying to dismiss the OP. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 04:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Really?!  

She was trying to make it seem like his answers were a complete joke with no merit and she was trying to pander to the uneducated voters who had no clue what was going on and would just look at her and think "oh, she's laughing at him......  he must have no clue what's going on!"

Otherwise, why wouldn't she just counter his points?  

Also, it's not a strong move in debates to laugh or let any emotion show.  She's a politician, she knew that, but was trying to steal the election, like I've been saying.

Since we're asking questions for friends in this thread... My friend wants to know which candidate does better with non college educated voters?

Pandering... Lol.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 04:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: nah, still gotta but this one in whataboutisim. The OP did no comparison, he simply commented on Joe Biden's press conference. Folks around here start numerous threads daily about the bad stuff Trump does and as soon as someone tries to provide an example of something similar happening in the past it's called whatabourisim. Sometimes by the very folks trying to dismiss the OP. 

No.

They call it "whataboutism" when it is an attempt to deflect judgment/discussion away from Trump/Biden and the example is not really equivalent. People "whatabout" when they want to normalize or neutralize a negative judgment about someone, without acknowledging the legitimacy of the criticism directed at that someone.

Citing precedents and setting up comparisons or contrasts to make a point about Trump or Biden on this thread is not "whataboutism" and is perfectly in bounds. That STARTS in deplth discussion. Whataboutism is intended to end it. 
Reply/Quote
I think we have the first case of BDS going on here.

The Biden derangement syndrome which will mainly effect those who had/have TDS will be the next epidemic.
Reply/Quote
If you think Biden can't speak well, you've clearly never watched a press conference starring Trump.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 07:59 PM)Dill Wrote: No.

They call it "whataboutism" when it is an attempt to deflect judgment/discussion away from Trump/Biswn and and the example is not really equivalent. People "whatabout" when they want to normalize or neutralize a negative judgment about someone, without acknowledging the legitimacy of the criticism directed at that someone.

Citing precedents and setting up comparisons or contrasts to make a point about Trump or Biden on this thread is not "whataboutism" and is perfectly in bounds. That STARTS in deplth discussion. Whataboutism is intended to end it. 

Still going to go with it's "whataboutisim" when folks bring up Trump's quotes (funny it's called gaffs by many around here when Biden does it) in a thread not started to compare Biden's comments to Trump's. OP simply made reference to Biden.

Now if the OP would have said "Look how much more feeble Biden is than Trump" you and others would have a point, Short of that the replies are nothing more than to deflect/mitigate Biden's comments.

For instance if folks said Trump tramples over the Constitution with his Executive over reach and I were to bring up past POTUS have done the same, would you consider that whataboutisim?

I think our view on what is and is not whataboutisim is vastly swayed by how we feel about the point.     
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 08:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Still going to go with it's "whataboutisim" when folks bring up Trump's quotes (funny it's called gaffs by many around here when Biden does it) in a thread not started to compare Biden's comments to Trump's. OP simply made reference to Biden.

Now if the OP would have said "Look how much more feeble Biden is than Trump" you and others would have a point, Short of that the replies are nothing more than to deflect/mitigate Biden's comments.

For instance if folks said Trump tramples over the Constitution with his Executive over reach and I were to bring up past POTUS have done the same, would you consider that whataboutisim?

I think our view on what is and is not whataboutisim is vastly swayed by how we feel about the point.     

The OP is saying look how much more feeble Biden is than Trump. He then insists that one must be blind to vote for Biden over Trump.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote