Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Biden's Press Conference!
(09-01-2020, 12:07 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So what changed?

The borderline panic among left leaning pundits would demonstrate otherwise, IMO.

Normally I would would agree.  But the left leaning local government have so distanced themselves from Trump that they've effectively created a situation in which they alone own the results.

Forgive me if I lumped you in with that crown unjustifiably.  I don't think you would deny that there is a large group that does exactly as described.

I'm not sure it has changed. Do you have polling that says otherwise? I legitimately can't find anything from August, so my question is genuine. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 04:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: nah, still gotta but this one in whataboutisim. The OP did no comparison, he simply commented on Joe Biden's press conference. Folks around here start numerous threads daily about the bad stuff Trump does and as soon as someone tries to provide an example of something similar happening in the past it's called whatabourisim. Sometimes by the very folks trying to dismiss the OP.
(08-31-2020, 02:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I didn't even know this was going on but I just tuned in on Facebook and this is HILARIOUS!
It's sad that people might actually vote this guy in as President!
"Covid has taken, just since the outbreak, more than 100 year........  look........  here's.....  the lives.....  it's just.........."

Hilarious  LMAO
This is a dumpster fire!  
The sad part is that it looks like he's reading form a teleprompter and still can't get it right!  
I think he's just trying to freelance sometimes and it's going down in flames!

Looks like Bfritz is implicitly comparing Biden to Trump when he asserts it is sad people might vote him president. Who is the other choice? The "simple comment" was to question Biden's fitness as president. Opposed to whom? He makes that clear in post # 5 when he writes "The difference is that Trump had a plan and was and is mentally stable and competent."  Without Trump, the whole thread loses its point--which is contrast.

The people responding to show that Trump provides much worse examples of misreading are making a case that, on the criterion used here, Biden is still the best choice. The point is not to say that Trump is as bad as Biden.

The replies might be whataboutism if they were intended to do "nothing more than to deflect/mitigate Biden's comments."  But they are not. They are intended to dispute any claim that Biden is on the same level as Trump, or lower, in matters of knowledge and coherence of thought. Quite the opposite.

(08-31-2020, 08:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Still going to go with it's "whataboutisim" when folks bring up Trump's quotes (funny it's called gaffs by many around here when Biden does it) in a thread not started to compare Biden's comments to Trump's. OP simply made reference to Biden.

Now if the OP would have said "Look how much more feeble Biden is than Trump" you and others would have a point, Short of that the replies are nothing more than to deflect/mitigate Biden's comments.

For instance if folks said Trump tramples over the Constitution with his Executive over reach and I were to bring up past POTUS have done the same, would you consider that whataboutisim?

I think our view on what is and is not whataboutisim is vastly swayed by how we feel about the point.   

Just another reminder: "Whataboutism" is not any ol' reference to past precedent or any ol' comparison to another politician. It is not influenced by "how we feel about the point"; it is an attempt to substitute "feeling" for evidence based argument.

Most importantly, it is an attempt to undermine an argument without disproving it. Hence the loose and highly general comparisons which assert an equivalence that won't bear close scrutiny, and which lead to digressions away from close reading and proof. In American versions, the end goal is to reduce all judgments to "bias" or the claim "both sides do it."  You lose but you claim you have dragged down the other side with you, made it equivalent. "The Japanese military killed civilians in WWII, but so did the US!"  Or to borrow and example from Trump defending Putin's killing of Journalists--"We kill people too."

No one really trying to determine the truth of a claim goes there.
Reply/Quote
Stable genius.

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1300636390397444101

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1300639524159193090
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 08:58 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Stable genius.

Laura Ingraham QUICK to jump in and try to stop him from further putting his foot in his mouth

"you're not comparing it to golf, because that's what the media", assuming the rest of that was going to be "will say you did". 

Such integrity 

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 12:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Laura Ingraham QUICK to jump in and try to stop him from further putting his foot in his mouth

"you're not comparing it to golf, because that's what the media", assuming the rest of that was going to be "will say you did". 

Such integrity 

Beat me to it on this one.

Cops can just take a mulligan.  "Oopsie!"
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 08:58 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Stable genius.

That's some scary shit... Good thing that flight never made it to the RNC.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Gotta watch out for those paratrooping ninjas.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 08:58 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Stable genius.

It's sad that people are actually gonna vote for this guy for president!

Whatever
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 04:37 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: It's sad that people are actually gonna vote for this guy for president!

Whatever

That dummy really thinks we're stupid... Children lie better than that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 12:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: Beat me to it on this one.

Cops can just take a mulligan.  "Oopsie!"

Well that's no small feat
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 10:40 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Ha, the GOP platform literally had references attacking the "current president" before they scraped it and opted for no platform, so that checks out.

And he's blaming chaos and violence during his term on Biden lol

As I mentioned in one of my other posts, Biden had a good zinger about Trump not even realizing he's president.

But the chaos and violence has completely stemmed from Democrat run cities, let continue by democrat Mayors, who were basically letting all this shit continue for months on end because they will just try to blame it on Trump to help them win the election. If Trump tries to do anything to stop it himself then he's a power hungry facist.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 12:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Laura Ingraham QUICK to jump in and try to stop him from further putting his foot in his mouth

Such integrity 

It's a bad analogy because he was trying to say you only have a split second to make a decision in these circumstances and yes people do choke when you only have a split second to make a decision. You can take all the time in the world to make a putt. You can still choke it, but once again bad analogy. 

But if you're going to choke at least he choked 7 bullets into the back of a felon with an outstanding warrant who was resisting arrest after they were called by someone he apparently had already assaulted once before.

Don't know why everyone is making such a big deal out of a guy that honestly deserves a bullet in the back of his head. He ought to be lucky he only took 7 shots and is paralyzed. Maybe it'll make him change his ways.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 02:50 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: It's a bad analogy because he was trying to say you only have a split second to make a decision in these circumstances and yes people do choke when you only have a split second to make a decision. You can take all the time in the world to make a putt. You can still choke it, but once again bad analogy. 

But if you're going to choke at least he choked 7 bullets into the back of a felon with an outstanding warrant who was resisting arrest after they were called by someone he apparently had already assaulted once before.

Don't know why everyone is making such a big deal out of a guy that honestly deserves a bullet in the back of his head. He ought to be lucky he only took 7 shots and is paralyzed. Maybe it'll make him change his ways.

Yes!  Being accused of something deserves a possible death sentence on the street!  Finally someone had the guts to say it out loud!

Ninja

What were shots 2-7 for?

One for each accusation?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 02:50 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: It's a bad analogy because he was trying to say you only have a split second to make a decision in these circumstances and yes people do choke when you only have a split second to make a decision. You can take all the time in the world to make a putt. You can still choke it, but once again bad analogy. 

Yikes.  
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 02:46 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: But the chaos and violence has completely stemmed from Democrat run cities, let continue by democrat Mayors, who were basically letting all this shit continue for months on end because they will just try to blame it on Trump to help them win the election. If Trump tries to do anything to stop it himself then he's a power hungry facist.

But his argument is that this would not happen if he were President... but he is President. 

Reply/Quote

You're celebrating someone getting 7 bullets in their back for a non-violent action.

That's pathetic and disgusting. Don't reply to my posts. 

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 09:07 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You're celebrating someone getting 7 bullets in their back for a non-violent action.

That's pathetic and disgusting. Don't reply to my posts. 

Saddening.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 02:46 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: But the chaos and violence has completely stemmed from Democrat run cities, let continue by democrat Mayors, who were basically letting all this shit continue for months on end because they will just try to blame it on Trump to help them win the election. If Trump tries to do anything to stop it himself then he's a power hungry facist.

And none of this changes the fact that this isn't "Biden's America," because Biden isn't the president. Inept leadership at the local, state, and national level is responsible for the damage and destruction that is going on, and not just the current leadership but decades of people failing to address the systemic issues in a meaningful way. I do not, have not, and will not blame this all on Trump because he doesn't own it. He hasn't helped things out much and I do think he has stoked the flames more, but I have said for a long time that he is a product of our systems and not the cause of our problems. It's ridiculous to blame Trump for all this, and it is even more ridiculous to try to claim this is Biden's doing.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 09:51 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: And none of this changes the fact that this isn't "Biden's America," because Biden isn't the president. Inept leadership at the local, state, and national level is responsible for the damage and destruction that is going on, and not just the current leadership but decades of people failing to address the systemic issues in a meaningful way. I do not, have not, and will not blame this all on Trump because he doesn't own it. He hasn't helped things out much and I do think he has stoked the flames more, but I have said for a long time that he is a product of our systems and not the cause of our problems. It's ridiculous to blame Trump for all this, and it is even more ridiculous to try to claim this is Biden's doing.

Solid post.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 04:37 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: It's sad that people are actually gonna vote for this guy for president!

Whatever

It's sad that out of ~150m people eligible to become the US President in 2020, these are our only two choices that have a realistic chance of victory.

Two party system really needs to go.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote