Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big week - Bengals take on the Ravens
(10-18-2021, 01:17 PM)motoarch Wrote: I'm not going to let this game define the season.

If the Bengals win then everyone knows they're the real deal and could be a threat to take the division.

If they lose but can take 2 of the next 3 they go into the bye a legit playoff contender still.

The Giants entered the wild card twice at 9-7 and went on to beat the pats both times.  It not over till it's over.

For me, they'll be legit contenders WHEN their playoff game clock says 00:00, the Bengals are at least 1 point ahead, and there are no yellow or red flags on the field!!
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 01:17 PM)motoarch Wrote: I'm not going to let this game define the season.

If the Bengals win then everyone knows they're the real deal and could be a threat to take the division.

If they lose but can take 2 of the next 3 they go into the bye a legit playoff contender still.

The Giants entered the wild card twice at 9-7 and went on to beat the pats both times.  It not over till it's over.

Exactly! Given that a whole lot of people on this board had the Bengals at 6 wins or less, and we already have 4, not to mention every division game was written off as a loss, there should be great excitement for a win and the world should not end with a loss. Hate to say it Lamar, but I am looking for a JSS type hit from Bell to knock you off your game.
Reply/Quote
Good luck this week. I am a Ravens fan I am not here to troll at all (unlike a lot of fanbases). You guys have a legit star in Burrow and Chase to name a few. I personally think this game will come down to who has the ball last. No injuries, clean game (Yeah like the refs can ever do that lol). Anyone going to the game?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 01:18 PM)pally Wrote: Even the Chargers yesterday were coming off a really tough game the week before and had to travel to the eastern time zone so may not have been at their best..but credit to the Ravens defense they did play a good game yesterday.  

And lets be real we are a couple of flukey plays ourselves from either being 6-0 or 2-4 against some weak teams.  In the long run a W is a W

Actually we aren't. The Cook fumble was a legit forced fumble. We smoked the Stealers and Lions and the Jags we caught on fire in the second half and ultimately won on a FG set up in part by Burrow smoking the Jags on a zero blitz. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:52 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: We've already given Lamar enough for his highlight tape.  That was a different defense, and one of many moments that highlighted why we needed to upgrade in the tackling and intangibles, which we've done.   Hoping we can make a big statement this game w/ a win.

Lest we forget it was getting destroyed in the run game by the Rats that finally seemed to push the button needed for the club to go out and use Free Agency aggressively two years running to address the defense. Well, it's time to see whether the return on investment is there. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 03:16 PM)Joelist Wrote: Actually we aren't. The Cook fumble was a legit forced fumble. We smoked the Stealers and Lions and the Jags we caught on fire in the second half and ultimately won on a FG set up in part by Burrow smoking the Jags on a zero blitz. 

It’s the NFL. Most games are going to be one score type games. We lost those types for the past 5 years. We are winning them now and I feel we are only getting better as the year goes on. There is a reason only one team in history has gone undefeated. It’s just too hard to do in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 03:21 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: It’s the NFL. Most games are going to be one score type games. We lost those types for the past 5 years. We are winning them now and I feel we are only getting better as the year goes on. There is a reason only one team in history has gone undefeated. It’s just too hard to do in the NFL.

I was just pointing out the Rats have not been some kind of superteam this season. 2 of their 4 wins have been on really flukey stuff. So there is no reason we cannot go in there and get a W.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 02:26 PM)Loving_Life35 Wrote: Good luck this week. I am a Ravens fan I am not here to troll at all (unlike a lot of fanbases). You guys have a legit star in Burrow and Chase to name a few. I personally think this game will come down to who has the ball last. No injuries, clean game (Yeah like the refs can ever do that lol). Anyone going to the game?

Thanks for the message. I don't really have anything against the Ravens these days, other than typical division rivalry, and besides we share a common hatred of the Steelers.  Like you said, let's hope the game is clean and injury free.  You guys probably take this one, especially since it's in Baltimore, but hopefully the Bengals can keep it close.  I think this team needs a few more pieces and another year or so, but they are getting close.
Reply/Quote
The ravens lack consistency, some games they are dominant, others they can't seem to score, but all in all, they have the talent and a seasoned coach to ge things done in the end.

I hope Taylor & Callahan come up with some genius work so I can vouch for him a little bit.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals open at 6.5 point underdogs. That's steeper than I expected. Good.
Reply/Quote
It amazes me that the Ravens are on their 4th, 5th and 6th RB yet still managing to win.

The corpse of Leveon Bell was out there producing against the Chargers... just unreal.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 01:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Exactly! Given that a whole lot of people on this board had the Bengals at 6 wins or less, and we already have 4, not to mention every division game was written off as a loss, there should be great excitement for a win and the world should not end with a loss. Hate to say it Lamar, but I am looking for a JSS type hit from Bell to knock you off your game.

Can't make those type of hits on QBs anymore though... 

Reply/Quote
Its a big week for sure. The AFCN is a tough division to be in. The Ravens deserve to be the favorite heading into this game, but I'm hoping we take them down and get the W. I think if we are playing well on both sides of the ball, we can hang with any team. We have a lot of talent, just have to work out the bugs. I would sure be nice to get another division win.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 04:41 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Its a big week for sure. The AFCN is a tough division to be in. The Ravens deserve to be the favorite heading into this game, but I'm hoping we take them down and get the W.  I think if we are playing well on both sides of the ball, we can hang with any team. We have a lot of talent, just have to work out the bugs. I would sure be nice to get another division win.

We always say it is tough but this year, it doesn't really feel that way. The Browns just aren't impressive and most of their starting offense is banged up or out, Chubb, Mayfield, Landry, Hunt and even OBJ is dinged up. The steelers aren't impressive looking at all and barely beat Geno Smith in OT at home. The Bengals look legit and so do the Ravens.

Of course all this could change in a few weeks but time will tell.

Reply/Quote

Agreed.

Feels every game someone is arguing this is the defining game ... last 2 years we've barely got to week 3 without a losing a season already 'defined'

Whatever happens .vs. Ravens we are better this year and heading in the right direction.
Reply/Quote
lamar's the main reason we started acquiring our CBs with their tackling prowess as important as their cover skills
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:45 AM)pally Wrote: Ravens got a lot of pressure on Herbert on Sunday.  The OL will have to be better than they've been all season for this game.

Burrow i believe is ranked THE BEST QB in beating the blitz this year. If so and the Ravens are hell bent on blitzing…..watch out
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 05:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: lamar's the main reason we started acquiring our CBs with their tackling prowess as important as their cover skills

The LB’s we’ve drafted (especially ADG) also felt like somewhat of a reaction to Lamar. They saw enough of guys like Vigil getting posterized, and wanted LB’s that can spy him better.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 02:26 PM)Loving_Life35 Wrote: Good luck this week. I am a Ravens fan I am not here to troll at all (unlike a lot of fanbases). You guys have a legit star in Burrow and Chase to name a few. I personally think this game will come down to who has the ball last. No injuries, clean game (Yeah like the refs can ever do that lol). Anyone going to the game?

The Bengals are gonna have to get more consistent on offense.  Can’t have a bunch of empty possessions. Our defensive ends must be disciplined in their rush and our corners must keep the top on Brown. Marc Andrew’s scares me but If all that happens it should be a very competitive game. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 03:29 PM)Joelist Wrote: I was just pointing out the Rats have not been some kind of superteam this season. 2 of their 4 wins have been on really flukey stuff. So there is no reason we cannot go in there and get a W.

Sorry, I was agreeing with you.
Reply/Quote