Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big week - Bengals take on the Ravens
We've been playing to the level of our opponents all season long. Who knows? We may be pleasantly surprised.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The Bengals have a much better defense than the Chargers,so that’s a plus.Bengals will have to have an excellent gameplan and execution if they want to have any hopes of being in this game.If the OL plays well in pass protection,they stand a good chance of winning.Bengals need to go airborne in this game.Early and often.ZT play calling concerns me the most.
Reply/Quote
Well it has to be better than last year. Two of the ugliest games I’ve witnessed. And I don’t mind saying this is a measuring stick. But that’s it. Losing it doesn’t define the season, but how they play against a good team helps you see where they are. They gave Green Bay all they could take so that was a good sign. That’s not the same as a moral victory.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah they killed the Chargers. But surprisingly Lamar didn't have a good game. I'm not really concerned with the Ravens running backs but we have to contain Lamar. We also have to play a good and complete game on offense. We need long sustained drives to keep them off the field and limit they're possessions. It's nice to be playing for a chance to be 1st in the division. It's crazy but if we somehow someway get a win we are going to be sitting in a very good position.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 04:32 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: The Bengals open at 6.5 point underdogs. That's steeper than I expected. Good.

I'd take the Bengals and plus 6.5 against about any team right now and feel I have a good chance.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:10 AM)Interceptor Wrote: This game will be the Measuring Stick.

It will be an interesting game for sure to see where the team is at.  And we'll continue to get some good tests against tier 1 teams going forward as well.  We still have the Chargers, Chiefs and another against the Ravens and 2 vs. the Browns.

Our first measuring stick game against the Packers, the Bengals showed they can hang with an elite team.  Hopefully they do the same this week.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 04:35 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Can't make those type of hits on QBs anymore though... 

When they become a runner you can.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 05:14 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Burrow i believe is ranked THE BEST QB in beating the blitz this year. If so and the Ravens are hell bent on blitzing…..watch out

34/47, 72.3%, 493, 10.5, 6/1 Grade 94.3 (#1), Rating 136.8 (#3).

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:07 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: 4-2 is a great start, and from reading many threads on this forum, a much better start to the season than many posters anticipated. This week begins the real test since the Bengals are taking on the first place, MVP Lamar lead Baltimore Ravens.

I think this is a defining game for the season. The Bengals need to contain and slow down Lamar, he can't destroy us. How are we thinking the Bengals fair?

This is the question. Damn tough team in our Division, I doubt we beat them in their place but if we compete hard with them and 
push the game late I think we are a team to watch and when we have them in our place we can hand them a loss. Love this team 
right now though and we have a damn good Defense as long as everyone is somewhat healthy. Love our pursuit and think the 
coaches, namely Lou have built this team to play the Ravens who are the class of our Division if Lamar stays healthy.

I think we fare well, I just don't think we win in Baltimore the way Lamar and that Defense are playing.

We will have to play our best game by far and no interceptions or fumbles on Offense.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 07:20 PM)Interceptor Wrote: We've been playing to the level of our opponents all season long. Who knows? We may be pleasantly surprised.

Not against the Lions, we actually stepped on their throats which is what I wanted to see.
Reply/Quote
Think we see a Vonn Bell QB spy most of the game. He’ll be more of a linebacker this week to get as much speed as possible on the field. Ricardo Allen comes in as the 3rd safety. Think for us to win we need to win the turnover battle. Really limit the short fields.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:16 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Think we see a Vonn Bell QB spy most of the game.  He’ll be more of a linebacker this week to get as much speed as possible on the field. Ricardo Allen comes in as the 3rd safety.  Think for us to win we need to win the turnover battle. Really limit the short fields.

Thinking the same, also need to do a lot of delayed blitzes with Logan and ADG. 

What is nice about us this year is we have Hendrickson who plays very disciplined on the edge and doesn't over pursue.

Same with Hubbard on the other side, hope Kareem can play. Love our DT's right now in Reader, Ogunjobi, BJ Hill and Tupou.

Bates about had Goff on that one blitz last game, was a great call.
Reply/Quote
I think this could tell us something about our team but if we lose I don't think it's it's make or break/season defining kind of game, especially if we get tore up on defense.

We won't really face another offense like this the rest of the year (outside of playing them again). I hope the defense learns how to defend Lamar, but a lot of teams struggle with it. I hope the offense learns how to beat their defense, but a lot of teams struggle with it.
Reply/Quote
All the talk about stopping Lamar but how do we attack this Ravens defense playing really well right now?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 01:16 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: All the talk about stopping Lamar but how do we attack this Ravens defense playing really well right now?

In the last minute before halftime, and right after of course. Wink

Reply/Quote
I'm a little late to this thread, but I think if we can play a full 60 minutes like we all know we're capable of, we can win this. The Lions offense is better than what they showed Sunday. Our defense played a helluva game. The offense is capable of amazing things as well. We also all know that too. If our, ahem, head coach would sharpen up on some of the ridiculous play calling, we could make the post season.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Huge huge game this. I think just looking at both teams we match up pretty evenly in a lot of areas. Will be tough but I think we can get it done.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 03:45 AM)The American Dream Wrote: Huge huge game this. I think just looking at both teams we match up pretty evenly in a lot of areas. Will be tough but I think we can get it done.

We can absolutely win this game.  As I stated in the post above you, Zac Taylor is going to be the key.  If he stays smart, makes adjustments, and uses our talent properly, I think we compete with most of the league.  We could have won against Green Bay, like 6 times or something.  Lol

WHO DEY!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:07 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: 4-2 is a great start, and from reading many threads on this forum, a much better start to the season than many posters anticipated. This week begins the real test since the Bengals are taking on the first place, MVP Lamar lead Baltimore Ravens.

I think this is a defining game for the season. The Bengals need to contain and slow down Lamar, he can't destroy us. How are we thinking the Bengals fair?

To me, the greatest improvement of the team vs. last year's squad has been in run defense.  Going against one of the toughest, if not the toughest, rushing attacks will be a real test.  I have faith in the defensive line to collapse the pocket and the LBs are quick and can go sideline-to-sideline to try and prevent Lamar from getting loose. 

As President of the Eli Apple Fan Club, I feel compelled to point out that the guy was the 6th highest rated player by PFF against Detroit (72.6).  PFF doesn't take opponent in to account so it was a relatively easy assignment as Detroit's offense is poo poo, but he has still played every snap this season (or damn close to it) and has started to get some confidence.  That being said, with all the screens and end-arounds we are likely to see, I wish we had the better tackling Waynes out there, but we all know where he is listed (IR).

The biggest question is not can the Bengals keep the Ratbirds offense in check (or at least hold them to around 24 points) but can this offense move the ball and generate some points against a defense that gave Burrow his worst game as a pro.  I like Joe getting a second shot, but you can bet they will be sending all kinds of blitzes and trying to hit the hell out of him.  

I hope the Bengals have a lot of screens set up to counter.  
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:51 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: A streak that needs to be snapped — Lamar has never lost in October. I’m tired of hearing about it honestly. It’s going to be very difficult but I think our D is actually built well for this. However, the Ravens have to deal with Logan Wilson for the first time in his new role. I have no doubt he’s going to be the key to winning this game.

I wasn't aware of that.  I think that Mahommes was undefeated in Sept until this year.  I liked ending the steeler's streak of games with a sack.   This would also be nice.  

And you are dead on about the defense being built for this.  
Reply/Quote