Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big week - Bengals take on the Ravens
(10-18-2021, 10:57 AM)Synric Wrote: Linebackers and Safeties will be very important in week 7. Stopping the Ravens primary run game, limiting Lamar Jackson rush yards, covering Mark Andrews, and not allowing Marquise Brown to get behind the defense.

I'm glad Ricardo Allen is finally healthy and got snaps this week.

YEP!  I was hammered by someone on here (forgot it because it was so long ago) when I was trying to show offseason support to Lou (shouldn't I be taking a victory lap?) by saying that he showed "flashes" of being a really good coordinator, and it was the first Baltimore game last year where I felt like he had a great game plan.  

He stifled Lamar better than the Bengals ever had and used Darius Phillips as a blitzer on Lamar a lot.  Phillips had a crazy PFF score of something like 90 on pass rush.  The Ravens didn't really get on track offensively, but they had a defensive touchdown, and the offense turned if over and gave some very short fields.  If he has a plan this year, I bet it involves the reliable Allen.  

It really is going to come down to ZT and the offense if they can get going against a team that has really had their number defensively.  I sure hope they do because I think "Wink" Martindale is a smug douchebag.  I am sure Burrow remembers his whining about a FG that prevented a shutout.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 05:14 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Burrow i believe is ranked THE BEST QB in beating the blitz this year. If so and the Ravens are hell bent on blitzing…..watch out

While I completely agree with this factual statement, he hasn't seen the Raven's Blitz yet this year.  It is just, different.  That being said, he took down the steelers (easily) when he got his second shot at them.  I think he can do it against the Ratbirds.  
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 02:26 PM)Loving_Life35 Wrote: Good luck this week. I am a Ravens fan I am not here to troll at all (unlike a lot of fanbases). You guys have a legit star in Burrow and Chase to name a few. I personally think this game will come down to who has the ball last. No injuries, clean game (Yeah like the refs can ever do that lol). Anyone going to the game?

My daughter worked for the guy that owns the Ravens for some time and she won "contests" where her performance got her invited to watch the game from the owners box.  She actually won several times and one time it was against the Bengals.  For some reason, she didn't invited me (she was allowed a guest).  I guess she liked working for the guy (knowing I would be an ass and get her fired  Hilarious)

In all seriousness, It is actually really fun to watch the Ravens as a fan (those two games a season where they play Pig Ben).  Lamar is amazing.  

Good luck!  
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 04:35 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Can't make those type of hits on QBs anymore though... 

You can if he's running the ball.....
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is the question. Damn tough team in our Division, I doubt we beat them in their place but if we compete hard with them and 
push the game late I think we are a team to watch and when we have them in our place we can hand them a loss. Love this team 
right now though and we have a damn good Defense as long as everyone is somewhat healthy. Love our pursuit and think the 
coaches, namely Lou have built this team to play the Ravens who are the class of our Division if Lamar stays healthy.

I think we fare well, I just don't think we win in Baltimore the way Lamar and that Defense are playing.

We will have to play our best game by far and no interceptions or fumbles on Offense.

While I completely agree on this point in theory, they can't just do the run, run, pass short, punt crap, either.  They need to attack the Ravens and force them to defend the entire field.  This isn't Ray Lewis's Ravens.  Their defense has been gashed by some pretty mediocre offenses recently (see Indy), but you are right that the Bengals have to be mistake-free.  No more tipped passes!  Get your hands on the ball and secure the pass! 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 02:26 PM)Loving_Life35 Wrote: Good luck this week. I am a Ravens fan I am not here to troll at all (unlike a lot of fanbases). You guys have a legit star in Burrow and Chase to name a few. I personally think this game will come down to who has the ball last. No injuries, clean game (Yeah like the refs can ever do that lol). Anyone going to the game?

Yep, I'd like a clean game with no injuries and a good referee crew who will let them play but not let some of the ridiculous holds on our Hendrickson go. Living in Louisville, I'm a big Lamar fan, but not a Ravens fan obviously. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is the question. Damn tough team in our Division, I doubt we beat them in their place but if we compete hard with them and 
push the game late I think we are a team to watch and when we have them in our place we can hand them a loss. Love this team 
right now though and we have a damn good Defense as long as everyone is somewhat healthy. Love our pursuit and think the 
coaches, namely Lou have built this team to play the Ravens who are the class of our Division if Lamar stays healthy.

I think we fare well, I just don't think we win in Baltimore the way Lamar and that Defense are playing.

We will have to play our best game by far and no interceptions or fumbles on Offense.

Well said, I just really, really, really, really want to see us not get trashed by Lamar. Dude has had some of his better games against us making the ESPN highlights juking Bengals defensive players.
Reply/Quote
Defensively I would put Awuzie on Marquise Brown or at least have safety help over the top. Brown is playing well and can catch a 50 yard TD no problem we can’t give up big plays. Hendrickson will be interesting to watch will he be able to bring Lamar down ? Usually if a DE comes screaming upfield Lamar will run by them and you usually wanna play controlled and contain the edge and keep Jackson in the pocket. We have the best chance of slowing down Lamar we’ve ever had we have 3 athletic linebackers and Allen if we go 3 safeties. Offensively it will be interesting to see if Humphrey‘s covers Chase he’s one of the best corners in the league. If Humphrey covers Higgins or Boyd I wouldn’t expect much for them meaning we need other weapons to step up.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:16 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Think we see a Vonn Bell QB spy most of the game.  He’ll be more of a linebacker this week to get as much speed as possible on the field. Ricardo Allen comes in as the 3rd safety.  Think for us to win we need to win the turnover battle. Really limit the short fields.

Mike Hilton with his ability against the run will be a big key to winning on Sunday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 01:25 PM)pally Wrote: Mike Hilton with his ability against the run will be a big key to winning on Sunday

Yep, him and Wilson.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: When they become a runner you can.

(10-19-2021, 08:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You can if he's running the ball.....

Until he starts to slide and draws a 15 yard penalty.

I'm not against the dude getting blown up I just hate the rules for defenders now. Bell could be going in for the hit and if Jackson starts to slide, instantly 15 yards.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Ronnie Stanley to IR.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Looking ahead but Kareem Hunt and JOK are on IR for the Browns so they will miss the Bengals game. Nick Chubb is also dealing with a calf injury but I expect him to be back for thr Bengals game.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 05:14 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Burrow i believe is ranked THE BEST QB in beating the blitz this year. If so and the Ravens are hell bent on blitzing…..watch out

I'll be happy but very surprised if JB doesn't get hurt.
Reply/Quote
I could be mistaken, but if we get the W on Sunday, not only are we atop the division, I believe we are the number 1 team in the AFC.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 04:07 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I'll be happy but very surprised if JB doesn't get hurt.

Dude...
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't really know what to expect. I just hope the game doesn't get away from us.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 06:24 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Dude...

Right? I mean…

[Image: 200w.gif]

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 06:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right? I mean…

[Image: 200w.gif]

He has to have something to be gloomy about, we already won more games than he predicted, probably.   Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Biggest test for Burrow and Defense so far..Ravens just confused Joe badly last year and we got run over on Def. This is probably most important game for Burrow and his maturity as 2nd yr QB a d Lous defensive makeover
Reply/Quote