Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Lazor named new OC
(09-15-2017, 08:52 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: Well, Lazor can't get Whitworth and Zeitler back and fix that O-Line, but the Bengals had to do something, and I think this is the right thing. Maybe he can make some adjustments that make the fab five less of a problem. And at least it will create some excitement.

Dalton to Bodine after JJ Watt flattened him: "So now you know how it feels!"

here's another tidbit:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/15/near-mutiny-forced-the-hand-of-marvin-lewis/

I mentioned this elsewhere but it bears repeating; last years Oline stunk too, even with Whit & Z. Hopefully the problem was/is scheme & not ability.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 08:46 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I mentioned this elsewhere but it bears repeating; last years Oline stunk too, even with Whit & Z. Hopefully the problem was/is scheme & not ability.

No you can't say the line last year sucks! Someone will pull out some obscure stat or ranking saying the line was in top ten. Our line HAS NEVER reached their potential during Marvins tenure.

The reason we never win playoff games the offensive line was total shit. The Jets play offf game line was shit. The two Texan play off games the line was shit. The only time the line played good was the last play off game against Shitsburgh.

Give me a good to great line and you will have a great offense if you have the weapons this team has. It isn't rocket science

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 09:30 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: No you can't say the line last year sucks!  Someone will pull out some obscure stat or ranking saying the line was in top ten.  Our line HAS NEVER reached their potential during Marvins tenure.  

The reason we never win playoff games the offensive line was total shit.  The Jets play offf game line was shit.  The two Texan play off games the line was shit.  The only time the line played good was the last play off game against Shitsburgh.

Give me a good to great line and you will have a great offense if you have the weapons this team has.  It isn't rocket science

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only one point with which I disagree.  The line was not shit against the Jets.  If they were, Ced would never have had the day he had.  It wasn't the line's fault Palmer couldn't complete a pass.  That loss was on two people--Palmer and Shank.

Other than that, I completely agree.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He's the worst OC Iv ever seen

Even Brat would never call momentum killing plays after huge gains

It's like Zamp got off on calling 3 straight runs after a huge pass gaun
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 09:34 AM)McC Wrote: Only one point with which I disagree.  The line was not shit against the Jets.  If they were, Ced would never have had the day he had.  It wasn't the line's fault Palmer couldn't complete a pass.  That loss was on two people--Palmer and Shank.

Wasn't that the year they ran with Dennis Roland at TE, about 60% of the plays?  Yeah, that line had plenty of problems.  Palmer's lack of mobility didn't help things any.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 10:16 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wasn't that the year they ran with Dennis Roland at TE, about 60% of the plays?  Yeah, that line had plenty of problems.  Palmer's lack of mobility didn't help things any.

I was just talking specifically about the playoff game.  Palmer absolutely sukked that game away.  If I remember right, he didn't complete a pass the whole first half.  And Shank missed at least two FG's.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 04:44 AM)treee Wrote: I'm just going to look at the bigger picture here, and appreciate that we're not willing to  sacrifice a season. That shows that the organization is committed to wining (aside from being bargain bin shoppers in FA). I might be looking too much in to it, but a move likes this signals to fans that 90s coming back is not okay, and we're going to do our best to put a winning scheme on O and D.

I'd feel a lot better about it if a mutiny wasn't required to force the change. 

(09-16-2017, 09:34 AM)McC Wrote: That loss was on two people--Palmer and Shank.

Hard to argue with that. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 10:47 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd feel a lot better about it if a mutiny wasn't required to force the change. 

Hard to argue with that. 

Am I remembering right about not completing a pass the whole first half, O Great Compiler?

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 10:52 AM)McC Wrote: Am I remembering right about not completing a pass the whole first half, O Great Compiler?

Hell if I know.  Mellow

I do know that Palmer had a 58.3 rating that day.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Say it ain't so

I saw this yesterday and thought it was a joke

But this bum is actually gone?

I hope his ass is forced to coach high school

No NFL deserves to have him screw their offense up

This bum was the king of killing good drives by calling 3 runs after huge first downs
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 11:37 PM)Housh Wrote: Say it ain't so

I saw this yesterday and thought it was a joke

But this bum is actually gone?

I hope his ass is forced to coach high school

No NFL deserves to have him screw their offense up

This bum was the king of killing good drives by calling 3 runs after huge first downs

Do you prefer Zampese?

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:44 PM)McC Wrote: Seems like kind of a lazy hire but, in reality, how many candidates are out there unemployed?

Hiring from within was really the only option.  It's not like they can bring in a totally different system and hope the players can learn it in a couple days.  No matter who was promoted it is going to leave the fan base wanting.
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2017, 05:44 AM)Bronze Bengal Wrote: Hiring from within was really the only option.  It's not like they can bring in a totally different system and hope the players can learn it in a couple days.  No matter who was promoted it is going to leave the fan base wanting.

All we can really hope for is that Bill will learn from Ken's mistakes.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Good. But probably to little to late. You have AJ out of sorts, Adam talking crap, Dre saying we suck and Dunlap doing a PowerPoint on complacency? Locker room is slowing dividing.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 10:42 AM)McC Wrote: I was just talking specifically about the playoff game.  Palmer absolutely sukked that game away.  If I remember right, he didn't complete a pass the whole first half.  And Shank missed at least two FG's.

He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in that game.

[Image: th?id=OIP.JBwaltbSm0gpc7T4DPshDQEsCo&pid...=338&h=191]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2017, 09:50 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Good. But probably to little to late. You have AJ out of sorts, Adam talking crap, Dre saying we suck and Dunlap doing a PowerPoint on complacency? Locker room is slowing dividing.

You just watch.  Marvin will eventually ostracize a few of these guys.

I think Dunlap is about done with Lewis.

I'm sure he didn't appreciate the coach eluding to him not playing full effort last season.

That complacency post is a direct dig on Marvin and upper management.

Jones and DreK are always gonna talk crap...  but now our biggest stars Dunlap and Green are on board.

Peko, Maualuga, and Whit were peacemakers before.  Now Lewis has none of those guys.

We shall see what transpires...  
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2017, 09:50 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Good. But probably to little to late. You have AJ out of sorts, Adam talking crap, Dre saying we suck and Dunlap doing a PowerPoint on complacency? Locker room is slowing dividing.

It's like Madden said in '93..."winning is a great deodorant".

(09-17-2017, 10:18 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in that game.

[Image: th?id=OIP.JBwaltbSm0gpc7T4DPshDQEsCo&pid...=338&h=191]

It was a playoff game under Marvin Lewis.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
Was excited about maybe having Urban.....but I have nothing against Lasor. Our line is bad, but we do have a lot of weapons to work with

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 10:52 AM)McC Wrote: Am I remembering right about not completing a pass the whole first half, O Great Compiler?

I believe that was the Week 17 game against the Jets at the Meadowlands.

I believe we scored the first TD in the playoff game. Palmer complete his first and (I believe) only playoff TD pass as a Bengal to Laverneous Coles
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2017, 03:27 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: Was excited about maybe having Urban.....but I have nothing against Lasor.  Our line is bad, but we do have a lot of weapons to work with

Urban is the HC in waiting for when we're still winless heading into the BYE week  Ninja
Reply/Quote