Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Billy Price traded to Giants
Reply/Quote
This is questionable… did we need another DT? Some hidden injury out there ugh.

Who is the backup center now? I don’t like this move.
Reply/Quote
Was always a numbers game, and with him being on the last year of the contract they were always going with Hill as long as he was healthy and showed promise. Jordan can back up at C if need be and so the log jam in the interior is a little more open now.

It's worth noting Hill is a young and quality interior defender. It helps fill the gap behind Larry at 3T and some 5T in 3-4 sets that we were definitely dealing with.
Reply/Quote
I was beginning to like the idea of Billy Price being a legit center if Hopkins goes down. Now it sounds like there would be a drop off if he gets hurt.

What do we know about this BJ Hill?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:36 PM)Trademark Wrote:

Does anyone have PFF grades on our new addition from 2019 and 2020?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
ok I guess this coaching staff thinks o-line depth isnt an issue?
Reply/Quote
Fine with trading him (although I woulda kept him as backup) but for a DT? Looks like it’ll basically be a cut. Should have tried for a position that could actually make our team if they wouldn’t give a late rounder for him
Reply/Quote
Probably the other shoulder injury to Kareem....
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Does anyone have PFF grades on our new addition from 2019 and 2020?

2020: 73.4
2019: 75.9
Reply/Quote
Could this mean Austin Reiter maybe coming in as center depth.

From my understanding the visit went well before just needed to prove his fitness.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:36 PM)Trademark Wrote:

Hill better be a hell of a 3T because Price was our most consistent lineman in preseason.  Hopkins played 3 snaps, and the kid from Georgia has been awful. 

I know next to nothing about Hill, but on the surface, I feel like the Bengals gave up quality depth here.  
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:41 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: ok I guess this coaching staff thinks o-line depth isnt an issue?

Blocked well in 2 quarters of football so clearly we’ve fixed things lol.

Nothing like putting all the chips in on a center returning from a major injury…. Are they thinking mike Jordan can fill the role??? lol oof
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Does anyone have PFF grades on our new addition from 2019 and 2020?

From Dehner’s Twitter

The folks at @PFF are fans of BJ Hill's production.

2018: 69.1 (642 snaps)
2019: 75.9 (486 snaps)
2020: 73.4 (375 snaps)

He's had 65 pressures and 61 stops across those three seasons. That's a large upgrade from their current DT
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:43 PM)G man Wrote: Could this mean Austin Reiter maybe coming in as center depth.

From my understanding the visit went well before just needed to prove his fitness.

Wishful thinking… I think they yet again are trying to get Mike Jordan near the lineup. He must service Zac really really well
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:44 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: From Dehner’s Twitter

The folks at @PFF are fans of BJ Hill's production.

2018: 69.1 (642 snaps)
2019: 75.9 (486 snaps)
2020: 73.4 (375 snaps)

He's had 65 pressures and 61 stops across those three seasons. That's a large upgrade from their current DT

To add to this, understand his usage dropped because he was buried on one of the deepest interior DL in the league With Tomlinson/Williams/Lawrence
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: 2020: 73.4
2019: 75.9

TY and those don't look a guy who will be cut to me
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Okay interesting move.

BJ Hill is a legit starting quality DT. Good interior defender who stops the run well and also has a little flash generating pressure. I'm not 100% sure I agree with the trade as we still do not know what Hopkins is bringing to the table and Trey Hill is not yet ready.

Another way to look at it is we just traded a player many here (not me necessarily) thought was a complete bust for a legit D lineman. I would credit the improvement he has shown in camp and preseason with Pollack as raising his trade value a good bit - it showed the issues with him were more technique than physical.
Reply/Quote
I don't feel so good about center right now. We lost valuable depth there. What do people think of the center we drafted? Is he ready to be a backup?
Reply/Quote
BJ Hill is a really good player. Maybe I can take a shit in a box and the giants will give me a hundred bucks for it lol

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:50 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I don't feel so good about center right now. We lost valuable depth there. What do people think of the center we drafted? Is he ready to be a backup?

Back up center only plays with injury, back up DT will play snaps every game. In the event something does happen to Hopkins you either roll with Hill/Jordan or you go get a veteran on the street. I think at this point you play statistics and bank on getting a lot more impact out of the back up DT.
Reply/Quote