Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Blaming Nuge for this loss
Is the most ridiculous thing possible. His missed kicks were well before we had the lead. Can you please explain what I'm missing?
Reply/Quote
Missed PAT was the difference. That can't happen unless they are playing in a hurricane.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:12 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Is the most ridiculous thing possible. His missed kicks were well before we had the lead. Can you please explain what I'm missing?

You're blinded because you despise Andy Dalton. I'm sorry but it's true.
Reply/Quote
Mike Pungent just ain't getting it done. Bellichick would've sent him packing a long time ago, Marvin is an idiot.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:12 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Is the most ridiculous thing possible. His missed kicks were well before we had the lead. Can you please explain what I'm missing?

If he made that XP, we would have ended up with more points than the Redskins.  That means we would have won the  game.  See, in the sport of football the team with the most points at the end of the game is declared and accepted as the "winner" whereas the team with the least amount of points is the "loser".

Example:
Bengals - 28
Redskins - 27
(Bengals Win)
Reply/Quote
He should have made the extra point, but I don't blame the loss on him. We gave up over 500 yards. TE's caught 192 of them.
We had one sack in 56 attempts. QB fumbles on a QB sneak. etc etc.
Reply/Quote
He makes that PAT and there is not OT. Simple as that.
Reply/Quote
The last time Nuge touched the field we had a 10 point lead.

Yep he's responsible. (sarcasm off)
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:18 PM)Goalpost Wrote: He should have made the extra point, but I don't blame the loss on him.  We gave up over 500 yards.  TE's caught 192 of them.
We had one sack in 56 attempts.  QB fumbles on a QB sneak.  etc etc.

True, but he is to blame for the tie.
Reply/Quote
He was bad, the d was bad and dalton was bad. The fact we didn't lose is pretty amazing to me.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:20 PM)JumboTron Wrote: True, but he is to blame for the tie.

Even though it was a tie, it feels like a loss. How do we edit threads?
Reply/Quote
Nugent was in for 5 snaps. He blew 2 of them.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
The missed FG can happen to anybody. But the missed PAT can't happen. Lots of mistakes from lots of people but a PAT should be a gimme every time unless playing in a weather event. Heavy rain, bad wind etc, etc....
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Nugent was in for 5 snaps. He blew 2 of them.

And the last time he was in we had a 10 point lead.
Reply/Quote
Dalton and CO put up 27 points, plenty enough to win if the D could have made some plays. Try again troll.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:37 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Dalton and CO put up 27 points, plenty enough to win if the D could have made some plays. Try again troll.

No need to get angry. Nuge didn't lose the game.  Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:42 PM)Fresno B Wrote: No need to get angry. Nuge didn't lose the game.  Cool

Not angry at all, just sick of your annoying baiting that's all.  :andy:

Reply/Quote
Everyone knew once Nuge missed the XP it would come back to bite us in the butt. But Dalton was off on his throws even when he did have time, Playcalling is a joke (do we need to run every first down)Green should have made that catch in the final 30 sec of regulation, as good as he is he frustrates the hell out of me sometimes. Why leap up then try to catch with the body, fight for the ball at its highest point. I dunno maybe he was bracing for a hit. And of course our D is just pathetic! cant cover, cant tackle and they seem like a bunch of out of control idiots. After the complete meltdown in the playoffs how does our D keep making boneheaded penalty's on 3rd down?. As much as I want to see this team win it all sometimes i just want the torture of being just good enough to get your hopes up to stop.
Reply/Quote
I am not defending the missed XP by any means but you cant assume the game would have been 28-27. It would have been 28-24 when the Redskins had the ball. They would not have even attempted a FG. Had they called their plays exactly the same and the same situation would have occurred they would have went for it on 4th and 10 (I think it was 4th and 10 when they kicked the FG) and maybe they get it and maybe they score a TD to go up 31-27? With that said I would take my chances in that scenario as opposed to a 27-24 lead and the Redskins kicking a short FG. I am just saying that one point would have changed the way the game was played out at the end. It sure wouldn't have been a 28-27 final.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:45 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Not angry at all, just sick of your annoying baiting that's all.  :andy:

So removing false blame is baiting? Ok. I'll make sure I never do that again. :andy:
Reply/Quote