Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Board suggestions
Are we going to have a neg rep option?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 10:53 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Are we going to have a neg rep option?

I never saw the point of neg rep. On the rare occasion when someone did it to me, I would just go do it right back to them. In my experience, people used it when they were losing an argument and couldn't come up with a legitimate point except to try to make it personal. If you don't like what someone is saying, either call them out or report them. ThumbsUp

On another note, I made a feedback thread in Graphics Design & Requests before this was highlighted as a subforum. Someone merge it or delete it please?
Reply/Quote
Just my opinion but the new top banner makes it hard to see the menu options that are placed there, especially when moused over as they end up black letters near the black part of the banner.
Reply/Quote
Is there a way for the admin on here to manually insert our rep points from the old board?

I know it would be a tedious process but would probably help the change so we can carry our stature over to these boards.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 04:09 PM)eoxyod Wrote: I demand a chat room, at least until this place gets big and too many people are on it

The "Klotsch" board had a chat room on it and it seemed like the board was ignored.

Everyone was on the chat room and arcade section. Those things were fun at first, but eventually that board fizzled out.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 02:07 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The "Klotsch" board had a chat room on it and it seemed like the board was ignored.

Everyone was on the chat room and arcade section. Those things were fun at first, but eventually that board fizzled out.

I agree with what was suggested before; have the chat room for game days in lieu of a game day thread.

Only downside is, it would rob me of the joy i get reading all the alternate cliff-jumping/super-homer posts, after the fact. Big Grin

Game day threads are like bi-polar disease on crack.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 02:07 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The "Klotsch" board had a chat room on it and it seemed like the board was ignored.

This is exactly correct. Chat rooms cause people to ignore the boards, this causes a lack of new content and eventually leads people to stop coming. Chat rooms kill message boards.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
What's up with swearing?

Not to sound like an old man shaking my fist.... But I kinda like the words blocked out, when there is swearing it makes it seem kinda low brow.
Reply/Quote
Maybe you guys should activate a 50 post rule

Reply/Quote
Should we start advertising the site on Social media with the preseason games starting and the regular season right around the corner? I'd think there are still hundreds of semi-regular posters like myself that were unlucky like myself and weren't around to jump over here.

Just a thought, it might bring in some familiar faces as well as new people. We are the official board as far as I'm concerned since we are the bulk of the original official community.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 08:45 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Should we start advertising the site on Social media with the preseason games starting and the regular season right around the corner? I'd think there are still hundreds of semi-regular posters like myself that were unlucky like myself and weren't around to jump over here.

Just a thought, it might bring in some familiar faces as well as new people. We are the official board as far as I'm concerned since we are the bulk of the original official community.

The board itself has been on Twitter for a couple of months now, and we just recently started a Facebook. But, it would be extremely helpful if members also helped spread the word, post our link, etc. The more people we have getting the word out, the more we should be able to reach.

We are also ranked #1 in "bengals message board" search on Google, so that will help us as well during the season.

Hopefully, many more from the old board will eventually find us...as well as a good influx of new people.
Reply/Quote
This is an excerpt from another post...

Quote:I just spent a good amount of time typing a reply to this post and since my laptop was lagging, i was just wrapping up and i hit my backspace button to make a correction AND EVERYTHING DISAPPEARED because the cursor was outside the box.

WOULD THE ADMIN OF THIS SITE PLEASE FIX THIS DAMN PROBLEM!!!!!???? It's not the first time it's happened. On the old site, when it happened, i could simply hit the forward arrow and all the text i typed would still be there. Not so here and it's VERY annoying.

The amount of time i spent on that post....to have it just go "poof"...the rage was on epic levels. Is there anything you can do to fix this?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Holic...  Is there any chance we could get a go to the "top of the page" icon?  You know... Something we could click to cut down on scrolling.  It's not that big of a deal, but I think it would be nice.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 07:05 PM)jason Wrote: Holic...  Is there any chance we could get a go to the "top of the page" icon?  You know... Something we could click to cut down on scrolling.  It's not that big of a deal, but I think it would be nice.

Jason, if you're on the desktop version, once you get to the end of a page...at the very bottom, you can click on "Return to Top". If using the mobile version, it's also at the very bottom of the page, but just called "Top".
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 07:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Jason, if you're on the desktop version, once you get to the end of a page...at the very bottom, you can click on "Return to Top". If using the mobile version, it's also at the very bottom of the page, but just called "Top".

Cool...  I never noticed that down there.  Thanks
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I don't know if this is for anyone else but I have a question about the rep.

When on the old board you clicked on the thread on which someone had repped you (on the user CP), it took you to the exact post. On this new board it takes you to the thread but not the post. So if it is a thread you have posted in on a multiple of occasions you don't exactly know which comment drew the positivity. Does this make sense. If so, is there anyway this could be instated into this board?

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 01:56 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: I don't know if this is for anyone else but I have a question about the rep.

When on the old board you clicked on the thread on which someone had repped you (on the user CP), it took you to the exact post. On this new board it takes you to the thread but not the post. So if it is a thread you have posted in on a multiple of occasions you don't exactly know which comment drew the positivity. Does this make sense. If so, is there anyway this could be instated into this board?

Click on the link right next to the one you're clicking on now.  It will take you to the exact post

[Image: AgppLXd.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Any chance we can do away with the 60 second waiting period between posts?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Anyway for me to have contact with someone to figure out when the board switches or something? I thought I lost a second board and even registered at go-bengals and that place blows nutz.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 08:06 PM)MrRager Wrote: Anyway for me to have contact with someone to figure out when the board switches or something? I thought I lost a second board and even registered at go-bengals and that place blows nutz.

You're already posting on the new, permanent board.

Reply/Quote