Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bombs mailed to Hillary, Obama
(10-26-2018, 05:22 PM)michaelsean Wrote: LOL But to be fair to AB, I’m just not understanding the point he would like to make.

I think he was pointing out that the whole "Allahu Akbar" thing is a stereotype, a caricature even, at this point and using that to parallel your point about this guy's eccentricities. He was pointing to the each with which our prejudices allow us to believe a Muslim acting in that way is bad versus this guy and the idea that he seems more like a left-wing nut trying to mimic/mock a right-wing nut.

That's at least the best I could figure out.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-26-2018, 05:22 PM)michaelsean Wrote: LOL  But to be fair to AB, I’m just not understanding the point he would like to make.

People don't believe what they see. They see what they believe.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(10-26-2018, 05:51 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: People don't believe what they see. They see what they believe.

And then you go and say it more succinctly than me. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-26-2018, 05:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  I think they are the same.  You claimed we had to presume innocence BOTH while "waiting for the facts" and "before the facts are heard".

I don't see your point.

This is great.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-26-2018, 05:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: And then you go and say it more succinctly than me. LOL

He doesn’t know as many words in English. LOL

But I hope nobody thinks I think this guy is an agent provocateur. That’s not what I’m saying.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-26-2018, 04:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I actually said we should wait before assigning motive, 

Isn't waiting for the facts part of the presumption of innocence?

(10-26-2018, 04:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  Presumption of innocence is made before any of the facts are heard.

(10-26-2018, 05:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So in Fred Logic "waiting for the facts" is different than "before any of the facts are heard".

BRILLIANT!!

(10-26-2018, 05:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  I think they are the same.  You claimed we had to presume innocence BOTH while "waiting for the facts" and "before the facts are heard".

(10-26-2018, 05:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is great.

Stem cells
(10-26-2018, 06:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Stem cells

I'm going to stop here, because none of the open-minded, who are usually quick to chime in, are not going to. Just know you have been amusing in your feeble attempt at a got cha and have a good weekend. 

This guy counts as white right? So we can just sweep this under the rug and give Trump credit for uniting the country.
(10-26-2018, 03:37 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The guy is a walking  caricature.  I mean the van looks like something a left wing nut job would have to try to pass himself off as a right wing nut job in the event he got caught.  

The van looks like your typical MAGA Facebook group feed.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

At this point, if you believe he’s a plant, you believe that someone has been a Republican, frequenting Trump rallies, posting attacks online against liberals, driving around in this truck for years with the hope that one day they could try to paint Republicans negatively by sending bombs to liberals at the cost of jail time.

(10-26-2018, 07:17 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: This guy counts as white right? So we can just sweep this under the rug and give Trump credit for uniting the country.

Counts as White?  Not so fast, I believe he's a Native American of the Seminole Tribe.  (though they are doing all that they can to distance themselves from him)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-26-2018, 07:17 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: This guy counts as white right? So we can just sweep this under the rug and give Trump credit for uniting the country.

Is this based on something? First it seems he is at least half Filipino so no not white. But either way, did we sweep the Colorado theater shootings under the rug? Bet you know his name. How about the guy who murdered all that black people in church? Know his name? Know the name of the Sandy Hook killer? How about the guy who shot the congresswoman? The Virginia Tech shooter? Las Vegas? The Miami night club shooter? I’m thinking there are four or five that you know or would easily recognize and two that you wouldn’t.

This guy may end up in a Supermax with other terrorists if that’s sweeping it under the rug.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-26-2018, 07:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Counts as White?  Not so fast, I believe he's a Native American of the Seminole Tribe.  (though they are doing all that they can to distance themselves from him)

They’ve already said he’s not a documented member of the tribe

(10-26-2018, 08:07 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: They’ve already said he’s not a documented member of the tribe

But his dad was a Filipino immigrant. I really don’t care either way but a lot of people can’t wait to figure out someone is white or Muslim or left or right. Lots of people were thrilled to find out he was a whitish Trump supporter as would lots of people been thrilled to find out he’s away Bernie supporter of any race.

(10-26-2018, 08:07 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: They’ve already said he’s not a documented member of the tribe

I don't blame them.  I wouldn't claim him, either.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-26-2018, 08:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: But his dad was a Filipino immigrant. I really don’t care either way but a lot of people can’t wait to figure out someone is white or Muslim or left or right. Lots of people were thrilled to find out he was a whitish Trump supporter as would lots of people been thrilled to find out he’s away Bernie supporter of any race.

He’s got something missing up there either way. Dude threatened to bomb his energy company “worse than 9/11” bc they cut him off

So his real name is Caesar Warren.

As to the bigger picture; if this dude did what they claim he did and is what early report claim he is; this will kill/should be a huge hit to Trump and his rhetoric.  

(10-26-2018, 08:25 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He’s got something missing up there either way. Dude threatened to bomb his energy company “worse than 9/11” bc they cut him off

Can’t pay energy bill but will match damage capability of 4 passenger airliners flying into stuff.

(10-26-2018, 07:17 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: This guy counts as white right? So we can just sweep this under the rug and give Trump credit for uniting the country.

I don't really care one way or the other, but this guy appears to be no more white than Obama, our first black president.  I appreciate your (not so) casual racism though.
(10-26-2018, 07:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Counts as White?  Not so fast, I believe he's a Native American of the Seminole Tribe.  (though they are doing all that they can to distance themselves from him)

NPR was reporting his mother is Italian and father Filipino. He went through a phase where he had a different van covered in Native American stickers and decorations and told everybody he was a Seminole. So, the guy seems to have a pattern.