Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bourbon
(08-25-2020, 05:39 PM)Donnyho Wrote: Grabbed a Bulleit Bourbon Blenders’ Select the other day. Pretty good pour.

Don't know if I have tried that one, but I can say I have not cared for any of the Bulleit varieties I have tried thus far...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 09:05 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Don't know if I have tried that one, but I can say I have not cared for any of the Bulleit varieties I have tried thus far...

Im with you...just not a fan of Bulleit. 

I snagged a bottle of weller antique last week (these are super easy to come by in Ohio these days) and scored a bottle of Blantons today (my first ever). 

Also, I tried out Wild Turkey Rare Breed and it might be my favorite bourbon to date. It is PHENOMENAL! 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 09:05 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Don't know if I have tried that one, but I can say I have not cared for any of the Bulleit varieties I have tried thus far...

(08-26-2020, 02:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Im with you...just not a fan of Bulleit. 

i like the original Bulleit, but this is much better. If you don’t like Bulleit, though, this might not change anything.

Quote:I snagged a bottle of weller antique last week (these are super easy to come by in Ohio these days) and scored a bottle of Blantons today (my first ever). 

I was reading something today that said a lot of “allocated” bottles are showing up on store shelves because distributors have been holding on to them for bars and restaurants. But since bars and restaurants aren’t opening the bottles are being released to stores.

Quote:Also, I tried out Wild Turkey Rare Breed and it might be my favorite bourbon to date. It is PHENOMENAL! 

I keep meaning to grab a bottle of Rare Breed. I’ve only heard great things about it
Reply/Quote
Got a bottle of Rock Hill Farms today at my local store. I’ve never seen a bottle of it before, not even behind a counter at secondary prices, so I’m pretty happy about it. The owner said they just got it in this morning, they only got the one bottle and they rarely ever get them in.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 01:56 PM)Donnyho Wrote: Got a bottle of Rock Hill Farms today at my local store. I’ve never seen a bottle of it before, not even behind a counter at secondary prices, so I’m pretty happy about it. The owner said they just got it in this morning, they only got the one bottle and they rarely ever get them in.

Dude how are you so lucky? 
Reply/Quote
Went to the store Saturday for more of my regular Bourbon and Coke bourbon, and grabbed a bottle of 1792 on sale and a bottle of Fillibuster on clearance for $26 (normally $40). I haven’t had this particular Filibuster before, but the other ones I have had were good. Also grabbed some minis of Larceny and Elijah Craig Small Batch as I had been wanting to try both. I enjoyed both of them and will definitely pick up a bottle of each in the future...
Reply/Quote
I grabbed a bottle on a whim last week of Breckenridge Distillery's Reserve Blend bourbon. I grabbed it for $35 and brought it to a poker night to share. I got there, and everyone had brought a bottle of bourbon (it's good to have those kinds of friends!). So only I drank my bottle, and it was gone within a week. I was surprised at how enjoyable it was. I made a manhattan and an old fashion to try in a cocktail setting, but really just enjoyed it neat or with a little ice. I don't have enough space in my liquor cabinet to hold more than a bottle or two of bourbon (I'm more of a rum guy when it comes to liquor), but that will definitely make my list again!
Reply/Quote
Just hit on the Weller 12 year lottery in Ohio!
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 11:29 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Just hit on the Weller 12 year lottery in Ohio!

I believe you’re morally obligated to share that with me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Guy that asks this:
(08-31-2020, 04:57 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dude how are you so lucky? 

Comes in an posts this:
(09-01-2020, 11:29 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Just hit on the Weller 12 year lottery in Ohio!

Ninja

But that’s awesome. I’d really like to get a bottle of the single barrel, but that’s pretty unlikely.
Reply/Quote
No one has said anything about Stillwright's in Fairborn, OH. During the Christmas season 2018 I went there to get a bottle for my brother-in-law, whose birthday is in early January. It was interesting visiting a distillery in person, and one of the partners had me try a bunch of blends in thimble-sized shots. I got Scott a bottle of their flagship brand, and he liked it but said it was best as a mixing whiskey. I tried a couple of shots of it when we went snow-tubing in February and it knocked me on my ass. Cherry cola/bourbon is one of my favorite drinks though, and today I had Evan Williams. It was pretty good.
Reply/Quote
Struck out on the Old Forester Birthday Bourbon release this afternoon 
Reply/Quote
Does anyone have any interest in trading? I traded with a guy on reddit and we shipped and it was the easiest thing ever.

What I have (unopened)
Blantons
Weller Antique 107

What I am looking for
Rock Hills Farms
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 10:10 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Does anyone have any interest in trading? I traded with a guy on reddit and we shipped and it was the easiest thing ever.

What I have (unopened)
Blantons
Weller Antique 107

What I am looking for
Rock Hills Farms

I’ve seen a handful of people on Facebook that have picked up Rock Hill this week. So maybe look around for one, because it looks like Buffalo Trace shipped them out this week.
Reply/Quote
Anyone else tried the Maker's Mark Cask Strength yet? I picked up a 5th yesterday, to share some with my Dad today. I gotta say that it has that big dollar flavor, at a price the working man can afford.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 05:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Anyone else tried the Maker's Mark Cask Strength yet?  I picked up a 5th yesterday, to share some with my Dad today.  I gotta say that it has that big dollar flavor, at a price the working man can afford.

Maker’s Cask Strength is fantastic. I actually bought a bottle of Maker’s 46 Cask Strength this weekend and it’s also great. It’s a “limited release” so I recommend picking it up if you see one.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 05:30 PM)Donnyho Wrote: Maker’s Cask Strength is fantastic. I actually bought a bottle of Maker’s 46 Cask Strength this weekend and it’s also great. It’s a “limited release” so I recommend picking it up if you see one.

I didn’t realize the 46 was a limited release. I actually passed on it the other day because the store credit card machine wasn’t working and I wanted to hang on to some of my limited cash...
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 05:30 PM)Donnyho Wrote: Maker’s Cask Strength is fantastic. I actually bought a bottle of Maker’s 46 Cask Strength this weekend and it’s also great. It’s a “limited release” so I recommend picking it up if you see one.

I actually put the '46 back on the shelf for this one.  It was a couple dollars more, but the 110.4 proof, combined with that rich Maker's flavor puts this one off the chart in my book.  If they have any more of them left on Tuesday, I'll get one to put back for Thanksgiving.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Attached Files Image(s)

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 06:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: ..

Well it looks like that one is going down easy!
Reply/Quote