Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon LaFell visiting the Bengals
What is his speed like? He always seemed like a slower receiver to me. Once again, matches the Sanu mold. Big, athletic, not too fast, has drop issues.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 02:31 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: What is his speed like? He always seemed like a slower receiver to me. Once again, matches the Sanu mold. Big, athletic, not too fast, has drop issues.

Ran a 4.54 .. meh.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 02:34 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Ran a 4.54 .. meh.

Faster than Sanu on the field.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 12:07 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Would be a great get for the bengals.  While not a number one WR you could count on 40-60 catches.  This is a great visit and hopefully not just kicking the tires.  If a contract is agreed upon I  Would imagine a 2-3 year contract for roughly 3m/year.

Edit- probably a little low

Maybe 3 year 13.5m

That is what kearse signed for in seattle

Or a 1 year 3m or 2 year 8

LaFell was on a 3-year, $9 million contract with the Patriots and set to make $2.6 million this year when the Pats cut him.
So his price should be $3 mill a year or lower.

Fingers crossed for 3-year, $7.5 mill ($2.5 mill avg)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
this would be a valuable signing. not a big name guy, but a guy who can give us value performance.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 02:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: LaFell was on a 3-year, $9 million contract with the Patriots and set to make $2.6 million this year when the Pats cut him.
So his price should be $3 mill a year or lower.

Fingers crossed for 3-year, $7.5 mill ($2.5 mill avg)

Cap has also gone up. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 02:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Brings a lot more production than either of the guys we lost. He might not be near as dynamic as
MLJ and he had a lot of drops last season but he might be a nice addition along with a rookie.

Better than Sanu for sure.

All for it.

How I feel about this depends on who LaFell is slated to replace.  Sanu?  Great!  Jones?  Eep!
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 02:39 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Cap has also gone up. 

Doesn't mean that the Bengals or anyone else will pay more for his services.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 03:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Doesn't mean that the Bengals or anyone else will pay more for his services.

Depends, guess we will find out.  Hope your right and he signs with bengals
Reply/Quote
He had some iffy hands last season but he could be a solid get. Has any team been sniffing around Reuben Randel? I think he'd be a really good compliment to AJ.

Reply/Quote
If he signs it will be a nice signing for us.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 03:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How I feel about this depends on who LaFell is slated to replace.  Sanu?  Great!  Jones?  Eep!

He'd probably be our #2 with rookie(s) being groomed behind him. Is he as good as Jones? Maybe, maybe not.

But he's almost certainly better than Tate, Alford or some raw 3rd-5th round rookie.

Signing LaFell would minimize any potential drop off from Jones.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'd have no problem with LaFell, but I would hope that we don't look at him as a long term solution.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 04:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He'd probably be our #2 with rookie(s) being groomed behind him.

This.

He would be our #2 but only for a year or two while we re-stock through the draft.
Reply/Quote
Huge upgrade over every WR we have other than Green well still need to draft a guy but signing him or Bolden would be clutch
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 03:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How I feel about this depends on who LaFell is slated to replace.  Sanu?  Great!  Jones?  Eep!

I think Shake pretty much nailed how we would use Lafell.

(03-16-2016, 04:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He'd probably be our #2 with rookie(s) being groomed behind him. Is he as good as Jones? Maybe, maybe not.

But he's almost certainly better than Tate, Alford or some raw 3rd-5th round rookie.

Signing LaFell would minimize any potential drop off from Jones.
Reply/Quote
LaFell and Alford/Burkhead sharing reps at the slot.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Kick those tires, Marv.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 12:26 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Kick those tires, Marv.

Well the whole day passed with no more word, so we can probably forget about LaFell.

Probably Mike trying to get him below rock bottom dollar.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 01:01 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well the whole day passed with no more word, so we can probably forget about LaFell.

Probably Mike trying to get him below rock bottom dollar.

Yup.

The tires were kicked, and the tires wanted more money than we were willing to give them.
Reply/Quote