Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon LaFell visiting the Bengals
(03-17-2016, 07:28 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yup.

The tires were kicked, and the tires wanted more money than we were willing to give them.

Possible hehasnt come to pbs yet. Most times a visit is announced before it takes pace

Patience.... Below they use future tense in regards to visit

Bengals | Brandon LaFell visiting Bengals

Wed, 16 Mar 2016 07:58:46 -0700

Free-agent WR Brandon LaFell (Patriots) will visit the Cincinnati Bengals.

Fantasy Tip: LaFell had some big performances in New England but has yet to establish himself as a consistent target. He'll be a WR4 with potential for more.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/03/16/cincinnati-bengals-wide-receiver-brandon-lafell/81883202/

Apparently, he's visiting today ...
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 08:29 AM)felis tigris Wrote: http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/03/16/cincinnati-bengals-wide-receiver-brandon-lafell/81883202/

Thanks that's what I figured.  Would imagine he signs before leaving.  No comp pick, younger, probably not too expensive
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 08:21 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Possible hehasnt come to pbs yet. Most times a visit is announced before it takes pace

Patience.... Below they use future tense in regards to visit

Bengals | Brandon LaFell visiting Bengals

Wed, 16 Mar 2016 07:58:46 -0700

Free-agent WR Brandon LaFell (Patriots) will visit the Cincinnati Bengals.

Fantasy Tip: LaFell had some big performances in New England but has yet to establish himself as a consistent target. He'll be a WR4 with potential for more.

I hope we sign him. That would be a nice surprise. But we see these types of visits too often during the off season haha.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 09:11 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I hope we sign him. That would be a nice surprise. But we see these types of visits too often during the off season haha.

Agreed, but we rarely have this type of hole in roster.

I just think options are limited for what bengals want.  Maybe lafell and Kerley. I don't think they want to sign a 33+ year old WR.  I wouldn't be opposed to it, but doesn't seem to be their desire
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 01:01 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well the whole day passed with no more word, so we can probably forget about LaFell.

Probably Mike trying to get him below rock bottom dollar.

Cry Cry Cry

(03-17-2016, 07:28 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yup.

The tires were kicked, and the tires wanted more money than we were willing to give them.

Cry Cry Cry

(03-17-2016, 08:29 AM)felis tigris Wrote: http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/03/16/cincinnati-bengals-wide-receiver-brandon-lafell/81883202/

Hilarious
Reply/Quote

Thanks. Well, that renews my hope.

Maybe Mike can surprise me. Lord knows we've had a ton of FA visits that amounted to diddly squat in the past.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 10:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Cry Cry Cry

Cry Cry Cry

Hilarious

You're going to feel pretty silly for gloating if he winds up not signing, and we should all know what those odds are based on past FA visits.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 11:56 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You're going to feel pretty silly for gloating if he winds up not signing, and we should all know what those odds are based on past FA visits.

Why would I feel silly?  

I have never said we have already signed him or guaranteed we would sign him.  I am smarter than that.
Reply/Quote
Lafell would be a good signing for us. I think he's just as good as Marvin Jones personally.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 12:25 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Lafell would be a good signing for us. I think he's just as good as Marvin Jones personally.

Probably but jones has more upside yet.

Marvin jones has his arrow pointing up while lafells is probably slightly down after last year.  

But again I agree they are probably equal in talent
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 12:27 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Probably but jones has more upside yet.

Marvin jones has his arrow pointing up while lafells is probably slightly down after last year.  

But again I agree they are probably equal in talent

Marvin Jones has a major injury issue. He was injured about half the time he was here. Plus Lafell has been just as productive as Jones.
Reply/Quote
I am all for signing Lafell but I am not going to say he is as talented as Marvin Jones. Jones is faster, has MUCH better hands, and is younger. There is a reason the Bengals were willing to pay him big time money to stay here. I think Lafell's expectations should be more in line with replacing Sanu on this team. He would come in as a quality #3 that could step up as a #2 if needed. We still need to find a solid #2 WR somewhere in the first two rounds of the draft. Once again none of this is a knock on Lafell because he would be a very good signing for us.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 10:07 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Agreed, but we rarely have this type of hole in roster.

I just think options are limited for what bengals want.  Maybe lafell and Kerley. I don't think they want to sign a 33+ year old WR.  I wouldn't be opposed to it, but doesn't seem to be their desire

I read from Hobspin that the Bengals were not interested in Wallace or Kerley because of their deep ball
numbers the last few years. I find that to be BS considering the QB's they had throwing to them.

You always have to consider the QB when evaluating Receivers. Kerley would fit in nice here in the Slot IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 01:16 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I am all for signing Lafell but I am not going to say he is as talented as Marvin Jones. Jones is faster, has MUCH better hands, and is younger. There is a reason the Bengals were willing to pay him big time money to stay here. I think Lafell's expectations should be more in line with replacing Sanu on this team. He would come in as a quality #3 that could step up as a #2 if needed. We still need to find a solid #2 WR somewhere in the first two rounds of the draft. Once again none of this is a knock on Lafell because he would be a very good signing for us.

Lafell isn't that much slower than Jones, and he's only 2 years older. Lafell wouldn't be that much of a drop off. He is a lot less injury prone too. He had a lower drop % than Eifert last year too. He's a lot better than what people are giving him credit for.
Reply/Quote
Eh... read about Lafell lol. It's a little alarming.

here is the best summary I found.

"Coming off a thoroughly mediocre regular season, LaFell tumbled to No. 4 on the depth chart behind Danny Amendola and Keshawn Martin. Even RB James White appeared ahead of LaFell on the boundary. Per Pro Football Focus' Nathan Jahnke, LaFell played a total of 33 snaps. Although LaFell spent Weeks 1-6 on the PUP list with a foot injury, he still somehow finished tied for sixth in the league in drops with 10. He produced zero touchdowns on 74 targets, though he did average 13.9 yards per catch. The Pats need all the help they can get at wideout, so LaFell should be back at his $2.4 million salary. His depth chart standing will be up for debate."

Yikes lol. Maybe I don't want the Brandon Brothers from NE on this team Tongue 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 01:57 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Eh... read about Lafell lol. It's a little alarming.

here is the best summary I found.

"Coming off a thoroughly mediocre regular season, LaFell tumbled to No. 4 on the depth chart behind Danny Amendola and Keshawn Martin. Even RB James White appeared ahead of LaFell on the boundary. Per Pro Football Focus' Nathan Jahnke, LaFell played a total of 33 snaps. Although LaFell spent Weeks 1-6 on the PUP list with a foot injury, he still somehow finished tied for sixth in the league in drops with 10. He produced zero touchdowns on 74 targets, though he did average 13.9 yards per catch. The Pats need all the help they can get at wideout, so LaFell should be back at his $2.4 million salary. His depth chart standing will be up for debate."

Yikes lol. Maybe I don't want the Brandon Brothers from NE on this team Tongue 

Lafell had 6 drops last year, and he had more yards than White. Edelman had a higher drop % than Lafell. Martin had half of the yards than him too. I have no clue who wrote that, but their fact checking was horrible.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 02:08 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Lafell had 6 drops last year, and he had more yards than White. Edelman had a higher drop % than Lafell. Martin had half of the yards than him too. I have no clue who wrote that, but their fact checking was horrible.

That's great but it doesn't take away from the fact that he fell in the depth chart so far. Why? I'm hesitant to take a guy that fell behind RBs in the depth chart at his position.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 02:54 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: That's great but it doesn't take away from the fact that he fell in the depth chart so far. Why? I'm hesitant to take a guy that fell behind RBs in the depth chart at his position.

He was on the pup list for almost half of the season. He had more yards than any RB on the patriots last year too. Here were the receiving yards for the Patriots last year

Gronk - 1176
Edelman - 692
Amendola - 648
LaFell - 515
White - 410
Lewis - 388
Martin - 269
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 02:54 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: That's great but it doesn't take away from the fact that he fell in the depth chart so far. Why? I'm hesitant to take a guy that fell behind RBs in the depth chart at his position.

Belichick has a tendency to punish players for drops and fumbles. That doesn't mean LaFell isn't a good player though, and he didn't have previous problems with drops.
Reply/Quote