Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon LaFell visiting the Bengals
(03-19-2016, 10:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Believe me, as soon as we don't sign him we are going to start talking about his "massive drops issue" pretty hardcore in this thread.

And if we do sign him there will be a certain group who will call him a "scrap heap" signing.  Or a "reject".  Or whatever fits their narrative about the Bengals never signing any decent free agents.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2016, 10:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is it too early to start talking about LaFell's drops and acting like we didn't want to sign him anyways?

so you think the  Bengals brought LaFell in to please the fan base and had no intention to sign him ?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2016, 11:54 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: so you think the  Bengals brought LaFell in to please the fan base and had no intention to sign him ?  

What?  No.  I'm just saying that we can be interested in it BUT if we don't sign him then I assure you there will be wave of sour grapes about how he wouldn't have been a good signing, anyways.  
Reply/Quote
This is a lose-lose situation for the front office. If we don't sign him, they look bad for not trying to improve the team. If they do sign him, his drops become an issue.

I would be upset signing him over Reggie Nelson. Thats my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2016, 10:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And if we do sign him there will be a certain group who will call him a "scrap heap" signing.  Or a "reject".  Or whatever fits their narrative about the Bengals never signing any decent free agents.

Let's assess the free agents we've signed from New England over the years

Tate
Ben-Jarvis

Am I missing anyone?

They've been decent players who have contributed, but I think we need to be honest about the limits of their contributions. If we could get Lafell cheap, it might not be such a bad thing. I guess he left town without a contract, so maybe he wasn't cheap enough. He's been around the NFL for awhile now. He's not gawd awful. I just don't want to see us pass up a top WR pick in the draft. Maybe there's no one who is NFL ready. They'd prefer taking a DT or an LB at 24. Or there's no guarantee that even a WR at 24 will be as NFL ready as they need to be. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2016, 12:01 AM)Nately120 Wrote: What?  No.  I'm just saying that we can be interested in it BUT if we don't sign him then I assure you there will be wave of sour grapes about how he wouldn't have been a good signing, anyways.  

I think you have that either way.. if we don;t sign him there will be a wave that says Bengals not committed to winning also.  
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2016, 10:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Believe me, as soon as we don't sign him we are going to start talking about his "massive drops issue" pretty hardcore in this thread.

My opinion won't change. We desperately need some veteran help at WR and LaFell is one of the best available.

There has been some pre-emptive "LaFell sucks" posts from some of the biggest homers though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2016, 10:54 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: There has been some pre-emptive "LaFell sucks" posts from some of the biggest homers though.

And there will be a huge wave of then from the haters if we do sign the guy.
Reply/Quote
Im guessing lafell didnt like our offer. Or we didnt like how he checked out medically.
Reply/Quote
If I had to guess..

I'd guess that he was probably asking too much or something like that...

Oh well.. Bring in Percy Harvin ffs.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
its early lafell might field a few more visits... but as the days tick on the cash demands go down

Or he didnt interview well.
Reply/Quote
I have no idea what is going on. But the fact that Lafell has not announced any visits looks good for the Bengals (if they want him)
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2016, 10:43 PM)milksheikh Wrote: If I had to guess..

I'd guess that he was probably asking too much or something like that...

Oh well.. Bring in Percy Harvin ffs.

I would love to see that. But we'd have to understand going in we're only getting 7-9 games out of him.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
From Bengals.com today:

"Lewis says re-signing safety Reggie Nelson and signing a veteran receiver such former as Patriot Brandon La Fell still appear to be options."

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Quick-hits-Lewis-on-ejection-rule-Tez-Cam-Marv-Jones-McCarron/b58ef135-e1a5-402e-b960-f846b95c3974
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 05:30 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: From Bengals.com today:

"Lewis says re-signing safety Reggie Nelson and signing a veteran receiver such former as Patriot Brandon La Fell still appear to be options."

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Quick-hits-Lewis-on-ejection-rule-Tez-Cam-Marv-Jones-McCarron/b58ef135-e1a5-402e-b960-f846b95c3974

Lewis said they were doing their due diligence on other wideouts but I haven't heard of any other visits so idk what to think.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 05:43 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Lewis said they were doing their due diligence on other wideouts but I haven't heard of any other visits so idk what to think.

havent heard of LeFell leaving yet either
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 06:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: havent heard of LeFell leaving yet either

I think we will sign him. They are most likely trying to get Nelsons deal done first though.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 06:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: havent heard of LeFell leaving yet either

He's probably chained up in Mike Brown's sex dungeon.
Reply/Quote
I still think I'd rather have Jaron Brown over LaFell. At least he's younger and faster.
Add in Shepherd thru the draft and you have Jaron (not John) Brown stretch it, he's 6-2 and runs a 4.43 and he's 26.
Lafell will be 30 in Nov, and runs a 4.54

Much more upside with Brown than LaFell.
Reply/Quote
Brown is restricted though right? If it is the guy I am thinking of then Arizona isn't just letting him leave.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote