• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Tate
Some of you may be getting your wish...

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Ian Rapoport now confirming.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
The guy never did anything "wrong" to us. Sure he made some boneheaded fair catches at times, but he never took us out of games. I hope he catches on somewhere, but it is exciting to see the youth movement at WR.
Reply/Quote
I'm indifferent. He was solid, not flashy. We needed to get younger at some point. Also cutting him now is more of a favor. It gives him a chance to latch on with another team.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Holy crap.

This blows my mind.

This is the year boys.. We're going to the SB Big Grin

Alex Erickson ftw.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Did not think this was possible. Hunt next?

Reply/Quote
If you look at it from the Bengals perspective they can replace him with a younger guy that seems to offer more with both returning duties and receiving. It makes sense, but I'm honestly surprised that they made the move. Tate seemed like their "security blanket" so to speak.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 11:13 AM)Au165 Wrote: The guy never did anything "wrong" to us. Sure he made some boneheaded fair catches at times, but he never took us out of games. I hope he catches on somewhere, but it is exciting to see the youth movement at WR.

Pretty much my feelings. Tate never really bothered me or got me excited. If I had a gripe it was usually whenever one of our WRs got injured and you look down the roster and think 'man, if only we had a guy who could return AND play WR at a higher level.' But best of luck to Tate.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
With Tate gone, I wonder if this means the Bengals are planning to stick with both Wright and Erickson or possibly bring in a cut veteran with more WR potential now that Erickson has shown quality RS potential?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
[Image: NlkXksiMsVhMkVEtVjCpUzId.jpg20160830-3-4...1472566927]
Reply/Quote
I'm shocked! I honestly thought this guy was going to retire a Bengal. Just saw that he's the all time punt return leader for the franchise with 1411 yards. I don't think this is going to hurt the team, but the guy was a decent returner but just never seemed to have those "wow" moments returning kicks. I'm excited to see who is going to step up and take the returner job now!

WHO DEY!!!
Tiger
Reply/Quote
One thing to remember.....Erickson will probably fumble a punt at some point this year. As long as everyone understands that, then we are good. I think people may have under valued the fact he almost always caught the ball, which is the most important job of the returner.
Reply/Quote
He may not have been spectacular but he was a solid guy who did what he was asked to do. He didn't turn the ball over and was a reliable return guy. I hope he finds someplace to land. It was a numbers game

Good Luck Brandon...and thanks for your service with the team

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Holy cow, never thought this would actually happen. Congrats to Erickson for playing so well even the bengals couldn't help but give him the roster spot. Anyone who hated Tate with a passion should go buy themselves an erickson jersey this season
Reply/Quote
Brandon Tate was always a solid player. Nothing more, nothing less. Just solid.

With that being said, im excited about what someone else can do given his role.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
A fumble or two this season won't bother me. Erickson has a knack for returns. Reminds me of Adam Jones back there. He can bust a 20+ yard gain at any moment.

Reply/Quote
Is it a lock for Erickson to have the job as both kick off and punt returner? Is Mario Alford not going to see the field at all this year and if he does will it be as a returner? Will Tyler Boyd and Adam Jones get opportunities? Very excited to see how they handle this!

WHO DEY!!!
Tiger
Reply/Quote
Good luck to him. He was a good pro for the Bengals for a decent chunk of time. I think the best thing he did was either the td catch last year or the good punt return to set up a game winning kick in Buffalo a few years ago.
Reply/Quote
Good luck to Tate. He's made some decent returns and he definitely knows how to hold on to the ball. I'm sure he'll be picked up by another team almost immediately.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 11:35 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Good luck to him. He was a good pro for the Bengals for a decent chunk of time. I think the best thing he did was either the td catch last year or the good punt return to set up a game winning kick in Buffalo a few years ago.

Agree fully! He also had a good return to setup a game winning kick in Detroit that same year he did against Buffalo.

WHO DEY!!!
Tiger
Reply/Quote