Sausage Link
Scrapple
Ham
Steak (Steak & eggs)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breakfast meat
(06-02-2015, 04:09 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: My dad loves that stuff. He was in the Air Force for 20 years and SOS was his favorite meal. He still makes it from time to time now.

You referring to this?

[Image: picDvkjJY.jpg]

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 04:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: You referring to this?

Yes. SOS or chipped beef on toast. I've had it a few times. It's not bad, except one time when the topping came from a can. One bite and I was done.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 04:24 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Yes. SOS or chipped beef on toast. I've had it a few times. It's not bad, except one time when the topping came from a can. One bite and I was done.

Stouffer's doesn't do a bad job with it.....comes in a pouch you can boil in water or microwave.  Add a touch of salt and a little pepper and you're good to go.  I thought chipped beef was referred to as shit on a shingle, but I wasn't 100% certain.  I dig it....

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 04:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: Stouffer's doesn't do a bad job with it.....comes in a pouch you can boil in water or microwave.  Add a touch of salt and a little pepper and you're good to go.  I thought chipped beef was referred to as shit on a shingle, but I wasn't 100% certain.  I dig it....

We had a turkey version right after Thanksgiving that wasn't too shabby, which kept leftover turkey from going to waste.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 04:56 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: We had a turkey version right after Thanksgiving that wasn't too shabby, which kept leftover turkey from going to waste.

So like an open faced turkey sandwich?  Or did you use something other than gravy?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 05:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So like an open faced turkey sandwich?  Or did you use something other than gravy?

It was just toast, shredded turkey, and cream gravy with a little salt and pepper. Haven't had it for years, but want some now......right after the bacon, goetta, and sos. Plus a gram or so of lipitor  Ninja
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 01:11 AM)Ben Richards Wrote: Tennessee Pride Spicy Sausage is the brand I was too lazy to look up to name.  It is sooooo pwn.  Excellent on homemade pizza as well. ThumbsUp

But I hope you save enough room for my fist...

I know that is your sig saying.  However I've read a couple of your posts and it reminds me of this....

[Image: cookie.jpg?w=608&h=400&crop=1]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

I love chipped beef. Damnit my own thread keeps making me hungry 

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 02:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Did you call the goetta scrapple? Hells a matter with you? 

Scrapple down here too.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 05:56 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: It was just toast, shredded turkey, and cream gravy with a little salt and pepper. Haven't had it for years, but want some now......right after the bacon, goetta, and sos. Plus a gram or so of lipitor  Ninja

My dad made something similar after thanksgiving Toast turkey and Beer Cheese....

I wish he still cooked. I liked that better than the Turkey by itself on thanksgiving lol
Reply/Quote

Ughhh....what is that shit?  People eat it?  It looks like dog barf.  What do is the creamy white substance?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 10:57 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: You know the gravy that pisses me off? Cracker Barrel. GTFO with that sawmill gravy, crap. Putting that on their biscuits is like a mouth full of wet flour with a little pepper in it.

Word. I feel like every time I go to Cracker Barrel, I complain about this exact thing to my wife.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 08:36 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Ughhh....what is that shit?  People eat it?  It looks like dog barf.  What do is the creamy white substance?

It is chipped beef (like you see on some cheese balls during the Holidays) suspended in a creamy gravy.  It ain't gourmet, but it ain't bad in a pinch either.  Soldiers refer to it as shit on a shingle.....

Reply/Quote