Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Whit to Rams
(03-09-2017, 12:04 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Whit probably made the decision to walk the instant both Ced and Fisher were drafted. You could tell he felt disrespected by this organization.

That's an excellent point. He was shown the door two years ago.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:59 AM)bambino5130 Wrote: No but he has given up 1 sack in the last two years, and earned his Run Blocking chops in Wisconsin.

So by simple mathematical analysis I would rather have 4 lumps of crap, then 5 lumps.

He's an above average pass blocker and an average run blocker where it counts, the NFL.  That doesn't equate to a $10-12 million dollar a year deal.  He can be replaced with a Dan Feeny, or Dawkins out of Temple.  

Whitworth, on the other hand, will be much tougher to replace.  
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:04 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: No.

The Rams haven't been to the post-season since 2004.

There is no evidence they are on the rise either.

Why would you throw so much baseless non-sense out there to bash your own team? LOL

It makes you look bad.

Misdirected anger. Don't be mad at me because Whit agrees.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:59 AM)jj22 Wrote: Fans of a 6 win team on the decline has a lot of nerve slamming a 4 win team.

Because they stayed with a turd at RT for the better part of the season before (finally) coming up with a better option and injuries to your best WR, TE, RB, and LG doesn't mean the Bengals are on the decline.  Nor does the fact that the Rams are so pathetic they have no where to go but up indicate they are on the rise.

Sorry, you are way off base here...but perhaps a sig bet over who wins more games in 2017?  
Reply/Quote
It's also being reported that Zeitler has narrowed his choices to the Browns and Saints. No mention of the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:26 AM)jj22 Wrote: It's official.

Let the complaints about our FO begin. He's not going to a contender. I can't respect that. But wish him well.

Ced has to step up. No other choice now. This isn't the draft to replace Whit. You knew he was gone yesterday when reports stated how the Bengals tried to undermine him at combine.

Yeah 12 million a year for a 36 year old LT is way too much. We screwed this up royally by even letting him get to free agency. I'm sure we could have locked him up months ago, but our stubborn ass owner decided to play chicken with him and dared him to leave. Well he did, and now we're putting Daltons health in the hands of Ogbeuhi. RIP Andy Dalton.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:07 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: He's an above average pass blocker and an average run blocker where it counts, the NFL.  That doesn't equate to a $10-12 million dollar a year deal.  He can be replaced with a Dan Feeny, or Dawkins out of Temple.  

Whitworth, on the other hand, will be much tougher to replace.  

If they are available. There will be a run on offensive linemen late in the first round and into the second. Personally, I was hoping for Pocic in the 2nd or maybe Orlovsky from West Virginia in the 3rd but those guys are Centers. I think Elflein can play both Center or Guard so that wouldn't be a bad option either in the 2nd round if he's still available. I hate going into a draft HAVING to address a position and if Zeitler goes, Guard is now a position of need along with OT barring them signing a GOOD free-agent.

I still want Rueben Foster in the 1st.
Reply/Quote
It's hard for me to trust the same people who didn't see the decline coming after the free agent purge of the 2016 offseason.

This team is only getting older, more bengalized (now that those who experienced their first losing season sees there is no accountability). The window is cracked not open. This isn't 2013.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
if im running the show here is how I go to bat.

Let Zietler walk. Go get impact D help in FA... JPP or Hightower?

Sign fluker 1 year prove it deal (8m) starting LT
Sign mangold 2 year deal (6m/year) upgrade our center position
Sign Andre smith 1-2 year deal (4m/year) upgrade right tackle

Those 3 would make a bigger impact than had we kept everything the same and brought back Zietler and whit. Then you go to the draft for your RG. And hopefully then ced o or jake fisher is ready.... Hopefully.
Reply/Quote
Our main problem was the trenches.

So our move is to let Whit walk ?

WTF !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Best of luck Big Whit! One of my all time favs. Can't knock him for that type of change
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:12 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: if im running the show here is how I go to bat.

Let Zietler walk.  Go get impact D help in FA... JPP or Hightower?  

Sign fluker 1 year prove it deal (8m) starting LT
Sign mangold 2 year deal (6m/year) upgrade our center position
Sign Andre smith 1-2 year deal (4m/year) upgrade right tackle

Those 3 would make a bigger impact than had we kept everything the same and brought back Zietler and whit. Then you go to the draft for your RG. And hopefully then ced o or jake fisher is ready.... Hopefully.

Fluker isn't a LT. Mangold really isn't an upgrade over Bodine anymore, people still remembering the name over the play. They graded out as basically the same level of guy last year.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: Misdirected anger. Don't be mad at me because Whit agrees.

Had nothing to do with what I said.

The Bengals > The Rams

If you believe otherwise back it up.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:10 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's also being reported that Zeitler has narrowed his choices to the Browns and Saints. No mention of the Bengals.

Saw that as well.  It's going to be one entertaining afternoon/evening on JN.  Buckle up.
Reply/Quote
Just got my computer back from Apple and almost smashed it to pieces on the first thing I read.

Someone tell me I slept until April 1st please.

Sad day indeed.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: Fluker isn't a LT. Mangold really isn't an upgrade over Bodine anymore, people still remembering the name over the play. They graded out as basically the same level of guy last year.

I thought fluker was a LT...but he got moved to RG.  Scratch that. 

And mangold would be an upgrade, pff grades or not.  He at least won't make you go WTF throughout the year.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: Fluker isn't a LT. Mangold really isn't an upgrade over Bodine anymore, people still remembering the name over the play. They graded out as basically the same level of guy last year.

I think the most likely scenario is a low level OT signing like Andre and drafting a guard like Siragusa or Asiata in 3 or 4.  

Smith plays RT, rookie plays RG, Bodine-Boling-Fisher or Ogbuehi at LT.  A very Bengal strategy there.
Reply/Quote
Everything that I read in February pointed to this happening. It was obvious that Whit was out, just as Z is.

Can't pay a 35 yo LT 12 million per for three years!!! This may be just the thing to light a fire under the two young guys behinds.

I think Dre K is gone as well, unless Cincy just throws stupid money at him, which I hope they don't.

If they don't wanna be here, then...Bye. Put on your big girl panties people.

Disappointed? A little. This was expected so I'm not caught off guard in the least.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:16 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I thought fluker was a LT...but he got moved to RG.  Scratch that. 

And mangold would be an upgrade, pff grades or not.  He at least won't make you go WTF throughout the year.

I'm pretty sure there's zero chance that Bodine is not the starting center in 2017 barring injury.  I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even draft one this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:18 PM)samhain Wrote: I think the most likely scenario is a low level OT signing like Andre and drafting a guard like Siragusa or Asiata in 3 or 4.  

Smith plays RT, rookie plays RG, Bodine-Boling-Fisher or Ogbuehi at LT.  A very Bengal strategy there.

I agree. They'll go sign Smith and let Westerman compete with a rookie at Guard.
Reply/Quote