Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Whit to Rams
(03-09-2017, 12:10 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's also being reported that Zeitler has narrowed his choices to the Browns and Saints. No mention of the Bengals.

Great. I guess we can ho;e for a top 5 pick in the draft next year. Maybe there will be some OTs worth drafting 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Reports across twitter is that the front office is in panic mode. All of Big 3 likely gone and more. No backup plans. Caught flat footed.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:27 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Now that something has actually happened during the off-season to ***** about.

It didn't exactly take a crystal ball to see we we were probably going to lose a couple big FA's. 

(03-09-2017, 12:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hobs hot and heavy with the spin..

"Bengals bank on Ogbuehi" Is the winning headline. Anyone get that right in the guess the headline thread?

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/After-Whit-breaks-bank-Bengals-bank-on-Ogbuehi/c93e990a-b32a-4c48-99c3-2ad08ef5beb0

Good grief. Hobs must think Bengals fans are ********. It's going to be a looooong year with that epic bust blocking the blind side. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nevermind our reactions, I'd like to be a fly on the wall to see how Dalton took this news.

He is going to take PEDs and get a few game suspension to see how the Oline plays out. If it's how we expect, he will take more PEDs and McCarron will go from riding the pine to sleeping in the pine.
Reply/Quote
Lol...they massively overpaid. I would have loved for Whit to retire here, but he sold out for the biggest check he could get. The Rams are garbage and are going nowhere. For the folks who are going to get mad and say Brown is cheap, this team sucks, blah, blah, blah..there is no way in hell you pay him 36 million for 3 years when he will be 36 years old, that would have been a terrible signing. A 1 maybe 2 year deal at like 16-17 million would have been ok.

Time to turn our focus on trying to resign Zeitler and/or bringing in a few guys from free agency.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:39 PM)Crowe Wrote: Lol...they massively overpaid. I would have loved for Whit to retire here, but he sold out for the biggest check he could get. The Rams are garbage and are going nowhere. For the folks who are going to get mad and say Brown is cheap, this team sucks, blah, blah, blah..there is no way in hell you pay him 36 million for 3 years when he will be 36 years old, that would have been a terrible signing. A 1 maybe 2 year deal at like 16-17 million would have been ok.

Time to turn our focus on trying to resign Zeitler and/or bringing in a few guys from free agency.

He may have taken less if the Bengals had not disrespected him multiple times through this whole process. The Bengals could make this right by replacing Whit with a solid vet and resigning Z and DreKirk...but I doubt that happens.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr · 3m3 minutes ago
You can rationalize both. Jones wanted to be a No. 1. Whitworth got a massive deal. Regardless, the drop off from that can be devastating.

Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr · 6m6 minutes ago
Bottom line: This is the second consecutive season the #Bengals top free agent target on their own team got away. Marvin Jones, now Whit.

Bottom line. Model Model just isn't working anymore. We've swung and missed two years in a row when it comes to our top free agent targets.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Why didn't we franchise him? What a bunch of dumbass'ss. Their not cheap just plain stupid.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: Reports across twitter is that the front office is in panic mode. All of Big 3 likely gone and more. No backup plans. Caught flat footed.

This is about all I can think of because it's just so pathetic....

Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:39 PM)Crowe Wrote: Lol...they massively overpaid. I would have loved for Whit to retire here, but he sold out for the biggest check he could get. The Rams are garbage and are going nowhere. For the folks who are going to get mad and say Brown is cheap, this team sucks, blah, blah, blah..there is no way in hell you pay him 36 million for 3 years when he will be 36 years old, that would have been a terrible signing. A 1 maybe 2 year deal at like 16-17 million would have been ok.

The reports are that only 15m is guaranteed and 13m of that comes in the 1st year, so it's actually a decent deal for the Rams. They can easily walk away from it after one year.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hobs hot and heavy with the spin..

"Bengals bank on Ogbuehi" Is the winning headline. Anyone get that right in the guess the headline thread?

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/After-Whit-breaks-bank-Bengals-bank-on-Ogbuehi/c93e990a-b32a-4c48-99c3-2ad08ef5beb0

I literally hate that dude with every ounce of my soul. He's such a hack writer.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This can't be a good day for Andy Dalton.

The Front Office deserves all the panic mode they're in. They cooked this goose now they have to eat it. Unless the defense can hold opponents to ten points or less, the Bengals will be fourth in the North!
Reply/Quote
We keep our own!
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
It does truly seem like this is the Bengal way of emulating the Patriots: take a bunch of no-name players and try to win the Super Bowl.

I do wonder what is going through Andy Dalton's mind now ....

Congrats Whit. But you're now just another lottery winner.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Speaking of big girl panties, I hope that Ced has a few pair - along with some added strength and better footwork - because as it stands right now, he's going to be responsible for Andy's blindside.  Nervous

I feel ya and I am certainly not happy about losing him. That said, I expected him to leave so I had already mentally prepared for it.

Nothing that we can do about it except push on.

Two tackles back to back & both suck! At the moment I'm most concerned with Tobin and his shitty scouting dept.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The reports are that only 15m is guaranteed and 13m of that comes in the 1st year, so it's actually a decent deal for the Rams. They can easily walk away from it after one year.

And then we'll re-sign him, after he's in steep decline. 

But hey, he can retire a Bengal.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Last of the old guard of under-performing losers. Out with the high priced old, in with the lower cost new. This is what good teams do. Smart move by the Bengals.

The Rams are bad. This type of move is what bad teams do. Whitworth wanted a last payday, didn't care about winning. CLEARLY. Nobody goes to the Rams right now to win.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It didn't exactly take a crystal ball to see we we were probably going to lose a couple big FA's. 

Good grief. Hobs must think Bengals fans are ********. It's going to be a looooong year with that epic bust blocking the blind side. 

Shocked Cry Wasted
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Shocked Cry Wasted

What about Kelvin Beachum on a short 2 year deal?? Might look into Larry Warford now to replace Z maybe?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:49 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Last of the old guard of under-performing losers. Out with the high priced old, in with the lower cost new. This is what good teams do. Smart move by the Bengals.

The Rams are bad. This type of move is what bad teams do. Whitworth wanted a last payday, didn't care about winning. CLEARLY. Nobody goes to the Rams right now to win.

I hope you're right about this. Now it's all up to the Front Office to sign some talent.
Reply/Quote