Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Whit to Rams
I'm busy working, but I wanted to register how upset I am at the Bengals right now
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wonder how long before Andy wants to retire?
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The reports are that only 15m is guaranteed and 13m of that comes in the 1st year, so it's actually a decent deal for the Rams. They can easily walk away from it after one year.

I didn't see the full details so that wouldn't be too bad, but at the age of 36 the wheels will fall off sooner rather than later. I hate to see him go, but at this moment the team needs to move on and hope that they can either resign Zeitler or at least bring in a decent FA and hope to draft at least 1 good lineman this year. I still feel he chased money over winning, but it is what it is.
Reply/Quote
Shit!!!!! First round T pretty much a lock now. It's pretty bad when you lose a guy like Whit to the freakin Rams. Zeitler will be gone too. We will overpay Dre. I was hoping out of the 3 players that Dre would have been the odd man out.
Reply/Quote
If the Front Office plays their cards right, the Bengals could have an offensive line composed of Andre Smith, Sebastian Vollmer, Nick Mangold, Breno Giacomini, and DJ Fluker by dinner time this evening.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:00 PM)Crowe Wrote: I still feel he chased money over winning, but it is what it is.

Most definitely, its a shame that's what he decided to do...
[Image: 29p43f6.png]

Quote:"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If the Front Office plays their cards right, the Bengals could have an offensive line composed of Andre Smith, Sebastian Vollmer, Nick Mangold, Breno Giacomini, and DJ Fluker by dinner time this evening.

I think Vollmer retired

Plus I'm pretty sure our FO doesn't know how to play cards.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:00 PM)Crowe Wrote: I didn't see the full details so that wouldn't be too bad, but at the age of 36 the wheels will fall off sooner rather than later. I hate to see him go, but at this moment the team needs to move on and hope that they can either resign Zeitler or at least bring in a decent FA and hope to draft at least 1 good lineman this year. I still feel he chased money over winning, but it is what it is.

Of course he chased money, anyone here would have done the same. The writing was on the wall when his replacement was drafted. Now he has the last laugh with a pocket full of cash and knowing Browns plan on replacing him backfired. If he wanted to win that bad he would have left here years ago.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hobs hot and heavy with the spin..

"Bengals bank on Ogbuehi" Is the winning headline. Anyone get that right in the guess the headline thread?

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/After-Whit-breaks-bank-Bengals-bank-on-Ogbuehi/c93e990a-b32a-4c48-99c3-2ad08ef5beb0

No because I honestly thought Whit would be the one guy we got back. We managed to even f that up. But his articles are terrible....Whitworth breaks the bank, Bengals bank on Ogbuehi....eat a d Hobspin....lol
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Good luck big Whit !

Now, can we start the rebuild for real by moving on from dead weight such as Peko, Pac Man, Rey Rey, etc. ?

In other news watch for the Bengals to lose Dre and Z, and react to that by doing something even dumber than you anticipated.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:01 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Shit!!!!! First round T pretty much a lock now. It's pretty bad when you lose a guy like Whit to the freakin Rams. Zeitler will be gone too. We will overpay Dre. I was hoping out of the 3 players that Dre would have been the odd man out.

In the worst year for Offensive Tackles in the first round in recent memory....this is all bad
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:07 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Of course he chased money, anyone here would have done the same. The writing was on the wall when his replacement was drafted. Now he has the last laugh with a pocket full of cash and knowing Browns plan on replacing him backfired. If he wanted to win that bad he would have left here years ago.

I wouldn't go that far. He has a heavy front loaded contract; 13 mil the first year, and only 2 the next guaranteed. His two year 10 per would of probably netted him more money, but I digress.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:49 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Last of the old guard of under-performing losers. Out with the high priced old, in with the lower cost new. This is what good teams do. Smart move by the Bengals.

The Rams are bad. This type of move is what bad teams do. Whitworth wanted a last payday, didn't care about winning. CLEARLY. Nobody goes to the Rams right now to win.

Are you blind or just ignorant?

Or both?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:07 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Of course he chased money, anyone here would have done the same. The writing was on the wall when his replacement was drafted. Now he has the last laugh with a pocket full of cash and knowing Browns plan on replacing him backfired. If he wanted to win that bad he would have left here years ago.

I don't think so.  He's made millions in his career here.  I never would go to a losing team just for the money if I had a year or 2 left to play and have never won anything.

If it was me - I would have taken a pay cut to go to Denver or even tried New England.  Going to the Rams is simply a money grab, and it shocks me that he would do it.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr  · 3m3 minutes ago
You can rationalize both. Jones wanted to be a No. 1. Whitworth got a massive deal. Regardless, the drop off from that can be devastating.

Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr  · 6m6 minutes ago  
Bottom line: This is the second consecutive season the #Bengals top free agent target on their own team got away. Marvin Jones, now Whit.

Bottom line. Model Model just isn't working anymore. We've swung and missed two years in a row when it comes to our top free agent targets.

Gawd damn model model is the dumbest thing ever. As I have been saying all morning before we saw Whit left. Teams like the Pats go and sign and trade for players and still acquire Comp. Picks....they are signing Gilmore the best CB on the market this year and traded for Dwayne Allen...the Ravens always get comp picks yet they upgraded a huge weakness at Safety last year by signing Weddle and now are doing the same with Tony Jefferson this year. They are also being aggressive and getting a swiss army knife for a RB in Danny Woodhead. These teams know how to use free agency and trades to their advantage and still draft well and know the comp. pick system. We just suck in all phases the last few years when it comes to Free Agency, Drafting, and Utilizing Comp. Picks with the impact of guys we lose.
Reply/Quote
Well now this is depressing as all hell
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The reports are that only 15m is guaranteed and 13m of that comes in the 1st year, so it's actually a decent deal for the Rams. They can easily walk away from it after one year.

Exactly, only $2.5 million is guaranteed next year.  Paying $13 million for one year of the number two rated left tackle is not insane money... I read earlier that he only gave up 14 pressures on over 500 drop backs last year.

I agree with others who state that Whit felt disrespected when the team drafted both Ogbuehi and Fisher in the same year, then last year we kept hearing that Og was having trouble at RT because the left tackle "is his natural position", then Whit plays guard for a game some they can try him out on the left side.  On top of all that, they spread misinformation telling everyone who will listen that he is staying and other teams should not even engage.

Good luck sir.  And good luck to Andy because right now this line looks like an absolute dumpster fire Nervous
Reply/Quote
I have said for several months that we would lose all three

There will be 9 to 11 rookies on cheap contracts on the roster this year and we will have lots of money to roll over.

As I have been saying - AJ, Geno, Andy and Zeitler should all demand to be traded. None of them will sign anoter contract with Bengals.

The organization is pathetic- as fully exposed when Marv was not fired after the playoff debacle against Pittsburgh

I am happy Whit secured his family's future and I don't blame him at all for leaving. I bet he and Z both are leaving because they knew the organization was not signing both of them
Reply/Quote
Going to the rams and not a contender was a slap across ebenezer's face. Deservedly so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Are you blind or just ignorant?

Or both?

Grow up and wipe away your pitiful tears so you can see what I wrote correctly. Be a man for Christ's sake. He made a business decision, so did the Bengals. Both parties did what was best for them.

Whitworth was a great player as an individual. However, he has been part of under-performing TEAMS for his entire career. Change the people or change the people, Truck. It didn't work as a TEAM. Time for both parties to move on. New team, new season, new mindset. Whatever "leadership" Whitworth brought to the Bengals didn't get much done so Father Time has changed the narrative.

Hopefully you can carry on throughout your day without blubbering too much more about the (predicted) losing of a 33 year old LT for INSANE money.
Reply/Quote