Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-07-2017, 05:09 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I would take a second right now for McCarron. McCarron is a luxury right now, sitting on the bench while many other holes could be filled with a pick at the top of the 2nd round.

Some will argue "If Dalton goes down we have to be ready". If Dalton goes down our season is already over. AJM is a great back up. I don't have much confidence in the guy. Not that he's bad, but I just don't see him taking over and running us to our first SB win. We need to deal the guy while we still can and get some picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 05:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if their target is gone? they have the 1st pick of the draft.

They aren't using the 1st overall on a QB in this draft. It has basically already been said they are going Garrett by people around the league. The question is if their "guy/s" are there at 12 and if not then their second tier may be in play late with a trade up.
Reply/Quote
But then they pick again at #12 don't they? I've seen several scenarios where no QB goes in the top 10. If they're targeting a QB in the first round, they should have options available at #12.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 05:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Inter division they gotta pay at least a 1st for a QB if they feel McCarron is the guy they will hand that up no problem.. Now which first we ask for is another question..  (gotta raise the price for the browns cant help the division get better without making them pay)

Aj is not worth number 1 or 12. We need to get real with his trade value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 05:24 PM)Takedown Wrote: Some will argue "If Dalton goes down we have to be ready". If Dalton goes down our season is already over. AJM is a great back up. I don't have much confidence in the guy. Not that he's bad, but I just don't see him taking over and running us to our first SB win. We need to deal the guy while we still can and get some picks.

I totally agree here. If McCarron comes in, it's likely a wash for us anyways. Heck, if a good back up is important, trade him for one of those picks and take a QB with it that might be better than McCarron. The truth is, his value might never be higher than it is right now. So get as much as you can. 

I have a feeling it will be like when the Falcons had Vick and Schaub. Schaub was acquired by Houston for two 2nds. I think that would be reasonable here and would matchup. 
Reply/Quote
Yeah. I think the further removed we get from the end of the 2015 season, the lower his stock will get. That's assuming Dalton remains healthy these next two years, of course.

I mean really, if McCarron doesn't start another game from now until the end of the 2018 season, what team is going to give up a first round pick for a guy who started four games in five years?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 05:32 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I totally agree here. If McCarron comes in, it's likely a wash for us anyways. Heck, if a good back up is important, trade him for one of those picks and take a QB with it that might be better than McCarron. The truth is, his value might never be higher than it is right now. So get as much as you can. 

I have a feeling it will be like when the Falcons had Vick and Schaub. Schaub was acquired by Houston for two 2nds. I think that would be reasonable here and would matchup. 

Two seconds is a more than fair deal with them being a division rival and I think thats a very realistic scenario. They know what they have to give up. We're not going to put a discount on AJM because they may only want him as a "bridge QB" hahaha.
Reply/Quote
They can call him what they want but if they think that will sway the asking price then lol
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 05:32 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Aj is not worth number 1 or 12.  We need to get real with his trade value.  

Does it matter what his trade value is? It matters what Mike wants and Hue will give him what he wants if he really likes AJM. I agree though, but Mike is stubborn and the Browns are stupid. Win win if we make a deal.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 05:39 PM)phil413 Wrote: They can call him what they want but if they think that will sway the asking price then lol

Thank you, exactly my thoughts. 
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 05:32 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Aj is not worth number 1 or 12.  We need to get real with his trade value.  

Of course not but that's the price you make the browns pay....  and they will if they really want him. or they wont

you don't help teams in your division without making them pay. especially to a coach that left your team to coach against you.

from what I hear the jets are eyeballing McCarron to so if the browns don't pull a day 1 deal maybe we get a day 2 that way.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 05:40 PM)Takedown Wrote: Does it matter what his trade value is? It matters what Mike wants and Hue will give him what he wants if he really likes AJM. I agree though, but Mike is stubborn and the Browns are stupid. Win win if we make a deal.

Sure it matters. If hue is dumb enough to give us 12th overall I'm sure we'd take it. I doubt he could get there front office to agree to it. Pick 33 and another pick next year are very reasonable. For mikey to refuse that because it's not a first rounder would be asinine

Reply/Quote
I would be pretty happy to get a first or a second for McCarron.
Reply/Quote
I really think one of the best things to happen to McCarron's market is Romo's retirement. Suddenly there's a trickle down effect.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 05:46 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Sure it matters.  If hue is dumb enough to give us 12th overall I'm sure we'd take it.  I doubt he could get there front office to agree to it.  Pick 33 and another pick next year are very reasonable.  For mikey to refuse that because it's not a first rounder would be asinine

Agreed, but the higher the price tag the higher the prize we receive. If we're asking for the #1 overall pick (hypothetically speaking) then they may counter that for #12. If we put a 3rd on his head, they may counter with a 4th. You never know, but a name I would not label the Browns front office as is smart lol I just wouldn't be surprised with what they would give us. Only the Browns.
Reply/Quote
No reason to suddenly leak interest, so I'm guessing smokescreen. Maybe trying to pressure the Patriots to stop asking for the #12 pick for Garrappolo by making it seem the Browns are seriously looking at other options. Everything I've read through the off-season has been that the Browns really want Jimmy G.

Pure speculation by me though, obviously. The draft and the days that follow should get really interesting.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
McCarron won't be traded for a 1st round pick, let alone 12th overall.

I'd bet almost anything on that. Carson Palmer was miles better than Mac, and people thought Hue was a fool for giving up a 1st and 2nd. It won't happen again like that...Especially for a lesser player. Plus this new Browns management seems much smarter than anything we've seen from them in the past.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Teams overpay for QB's.  Value doesn't always figure into it.  Mike holds all the cards because he is perfectly content to keep him.  A first rounder is probably Mike's price.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 06:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: McCarron won't be traded for a 1st round pick, let alone 12th overall.

I'd bet almost anything on that. Carson Palmer was miles better than Mac, and people thought Hue was a fool for giving up a 1st and 2nd. It won't happen again like that...Especially for a lesser player. Plus this new Browns management seems much smarter than anything we've seen from them in the past.

I'm sure this is true.  But that won't stop the Bengals from asking for a first.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
IF we could trade McCarron for 12...and I'm not so sure he's worth that...

We could go Rueben Foster at 9 and then a guy like Dalvin Cook at 12...or even a guy like OJ Howard. Then try to keep Eifert and go 2 TE sets IF Eifert can stay healthy.
Reply/Quote