Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict Facing possible Suspension (No Satire)
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21118747/cincinnati-bengals-lb-vontaze-burfict-kicked-pittsburgh-steelers-fb-roosevelt-nix-raising-possibility-suspension

Kick to the head of Roosevelt Nix.
Reply/Quote
if he gets suspended for that he might as well retire......the NFL needs to worry about their image as opposed to what VB is doing every game
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
ESPN made up bullshit.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Here's the video:

Reply/Quote
This situation doesn't look like it will amount to anything.

Many of you seem to think there's a conspiracy against the Bengals/Burfict. I think this text from the NFL policy explains why/how Burfict has achieved his high degree of scrutiny, and lowered tolerance threshold.

"A player who is a repeat offender should expect more severe discipline, and fines third offenses and beyond in the same season or based on prior seasons' violations will be established on a case-by-case basis, and may increase substantially." 
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
That's probably a fine but not a suspension.

It's time we start calling Burfict out for playing stupid...and not defending him by pointing to what other players in the league does.
Reply/Quote
45 seconds into the game. Seriously. What the heck? I mean on the one hand it doesn't look like much but...why do it at all?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's probably a fine but not a suspension.

It's time we start calling Burfict out for playing stupid...and not defending him by pointing to what other players in the league does.

What? He didn't do anything wrong there the guy was pushing after the play was over and Vontaz had to get him away.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Burfict has to stop doing this stuff. Whether the NFL has it out for him or not is irrelevant at this point.
Reply/Quote
Lmao if they're going to put him under that much of a microscope (because that type of "get off me" behavior happens 20 times a game for every team), then he really should consider retirement. Of course, ESPN is the CNN/Fox News of sports so theres that.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's probably a fine but not a suspension.

Agreed.

I love Burfict's fire, passion and killer instinct. I just wish he would cut out the nonsense after plays.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:30 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: What? He didn't do anything wrong there the guy was pushing after the play was over and Vontaz had to get him away.

You don't kick a guy like that no matter what. Especially with his history of suspension.

As fans we need to stop making excuses for his out of control play. I have serious doubts if we can ever win with him.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:26 PM)Utts Wrote: This situation doesn't look like it will amount to anything.

Many of you seem to think there's a conspiracy against the Bengals/Burfict. I think this text from the NFL policy explains why/how Burfict has achieved his high degree of scrutiny, and lowered tolerance threshold.

"A player who is a repeat offender should expect more severe discipline, and fines third offenses and beyond in the same season or based on prior seasons' violations will be established on a case-by-case basis, and may increase substantially." 

Well, Tez himself said that there was a target on his back.

If he truly believes that, then the after-the-play stuff is even more head scratching. Why take that chance?

I'm a huge Tez fan, but he's got to clean that part of his game up.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Well, Tez himself said that there was a target on his back.

If he truly believes that, then the after-the-play stuff is even more head scratching. Why take that chance?

I'm a huge Tez fan, but he's got to clean that part of his game up.

Exactly. And as fans we have to stop making excuses for him. He's earned his bad reputation and he needs to take responsibility and clean it up.
Reply/Quote
[Image: antonio-brown-kicked-the-cleveland-punte...gif?w=1000]

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:50 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: [Image: antonio-brown-kicked-the-cleveland-punte...gif?w=1000]

Yep, that was total BS and a filthy, if very spontaneous move.  However, that was what...3 or 4 seasons ago?  I'd bet my left nut if Brown did that every few weeks he'd be suspended.
Reply/Quote
No reason whatsoever Burfict should be kicking people. I also heard that he refused to shake hands with any of the Steelers at mid field when the captains were meeting.

It's a love/hate thing with Burfict. Just wish he would cut the stupid crap and just play football.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:30 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: What? He didn't do anything wrong there the guy was pushing after the play was over and Vontaz had to get him away.

Dude....come on...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Ref was right there he didn't see anything wrong with it.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:57 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: No reason whatsoever Burfict should be kicking people. I also heard that he refused to shake hands with any of the Steelers at mid field when the captains were meeting.

It's a love/hate thing with Burfict. Just wish he would cut the stupid crap and just play football.

It's hard to win with players who make stupid plays regularly.
Reply/Quote