Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict facing league discipline
(10-17-2016, 06:01 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He reacted to the pump fake then tripped into him. Watching live I thought fouts was full of it saying he tripped but if you watch it you can see him react to the fake then his foot gets caught in the turf as he's going toward Bennett. Not dirty, no issue with it

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000722775/article/nfl-to-review-vontaze-burfict-hit-on-martellus-bennett

Here's another link, watch the video and the second time they show it you can clearly see him get his foot caught up

Hell I hope they buy the I tripped defense
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Watch the game, NE players were going low on our guys the whole game. This is a joke.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 07:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell I hope they buy the I tripped defense

Thats what Dan Fouts said when it happened. He said it looked like Burfict got tripped up.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 07:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell I hope they buy the I tripped defense

If they don't I will be bitching and moaning. Because that is exactly what happened. 
Reply/Quote
NFL is reviewing another play from yesterday. Apparently he stepped on blounts leg after a TD. You can't see much and maybe a witch hunt, but blount does react strongly.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/788157960010825728

Edit: it was also RIGHT in front of the ref, so he would have flagged for that right?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 09:07 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: NFL is reviewing another play from yesterday.  Apparently he stepped on blounts leg after a TD. You can't see much and maybe a witch hunt, but blount does react strongly.

May be more to this one than the other one. Can't see exactly what's happening but it certainly appears that he was intentionally stepping on him. Brady's reaction supports that as well. No reason for that
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 09:07 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: NFL is reviewing another play from yesterday.  Apparently he stepped on blounts leg after a TD. You can't see much and maybe a witch hunt, but blount does react strongly.

Edit:  it was also RIGHT in front of the ref, so he would have flagged for that right?

You are right, didn't notice that. Ref was right there and was looking right at burfict too. Don't know what to make of this one. People calling him dirty should be more upset about this one tho because it may actually be dirty 
Reply/Quote
That's the kind of stuff I won't defend. Heat of the moment plays are different a matter. He's probably going to get suspended again. Sigh.

Reply/Quote
Eric Winston is a big union guy for the NFLPA. I wonder if he has some very personal thoughts about watching Burfict intentionally try to injure his brothers. I like our core and I'm not overreacting. But Burfict and Jones could be cut and we may be better off long term. We need an attitude change
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 09:30 PM)Brimey Wrote: Eric Winston is a big union guy for the NFLPA. I wonder if he has some very personal thoughts about watching Burfict intentionally try to injure his brothers. I like our core and I'm not overreacting. But Burfict and Jones could be cut and we may be better off long term. We need an attitude change

They're also the only guys on the team with any passion. If they go we will have nothing but smiles and hand clapping when the team is playing like shit. I'll take the occasional headache that comes with passionate players who actually give a damn then have to watch a team full of Marvin Lewis clones out there who don't care about losing 
Reply/Quote
Wasn't that after Blount stuck his fingers under a face mask of a Bengals player and gauged his face, and they picked up the flag? Not saying this is smart, but I am sure that had something to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
It's no different than what Rodney Harrison did for years as a patriot.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Edit:  it was also RIGHT in front of the ref, so he would have flagged for that right?

Apparently?  So says a friggin ESPN Patriots mouthpiece. You can't see whether he's stepping on anything in that video and you certainly can't read the guy's mind.   He was wading into the pile to keep Blount from taking another shot at gouging William's eyes out.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=898&d=1476731072]

As for "it's being reviewed" Lewis addressed that in his press conference. There's nothing special about it. Every play is reviewed.  This is a deliberate press tactic to create an echo chamber with the story that they want to run with.  "Will that play being reviewed?" "Yes, that play will be reviewed, along with everything else." "NEWSFLASH: Dirty Bengal play being reviewed for possible league discipline!"
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 05:52 PM)Millhouse Wrote: He had a choice not to dive low with his left hand bracing him on the ground. And I bet anything that if it was one of our players getting hit exactly like that, people would be going nuts calling that defender a dirty sob.

Sorry, but I dont give Burfict benefit of a doubt here, as he has too much of a dirty history as is. I hate to be in the minority of opinion of Bengal fans apparently, but I guess I am. Burfict is a great player, but is now a liability for this team imo.

I agree that people would scream bloody murder if that was somebody hitting Eifert like that. I still wouldn't be one of them. I don't see him stumbling into him as some have said he does, but you can't blame the guy for biting on a fake. He went as low as possible. The NFL doesn't want shots to the head. This is what they will get. He apologized immediately. Did Burfict ever do that on any of his other notorious hits? It doesn't look like there is a lot of force or malice to me on that hit. Easy for me to say... I'm not he one getting hit in he back of my legs by a guy weighing a deuce and a half.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 11:30 PM)jason Wrote: I agree that people would scream bloody murder if that was somebody hitting Eifert like that. I still wouldn't be one of them. I don't see him stumbling into him as some have said he does, but you can't blame the guy for biting on a fake. He went as low as possible. The NFL doesn't want shots to the head. This is what they will get. He apologized immediately. Did Burfict ever do that on any of his other notorious hits? It doesn't look like there is a lot of force or malice to me on that hit. Easy for me to say... I'm not he one getting hit in he back of my legs by a guy weighing a deuce and a half.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000722775/article/nfl-to-review-vontaze-burfict-hit-on-martellus-bennett

Follow link, watch video at about 20 seconds in. Watch his left foot, he takes a very awkward step/stumble where just the tip of his shoe touches and he falls forward into Bennett. It's not much but it definitely affected the angle he hit Bennett and prevented him from being able to pull up.
Reply/Quote
Here's the coaches film on this one:

[Image: FriendlyInbornDegu-size_restricted.gif]

I don't know what to think. He was watching Brady the whole time, saw him pull the ball back down but continued to head towards Bennett. Then when he stubbed his toe he launched himself at Bennett instead of just going to ground and avoiding contact.

Anyone other than Burfict would get the benefit of the doubt. With him it's probably dirty. Even if it isn't, it's stupid play.
Reply/Quote
He bit on the pump fake and got swallowed by the turf monster.... there was nothing dirty about it, sometimes dirt gets in your way of walking.
Reply/Quote
Can you guys do me a favor and watch every play of every NFL game and scrutinize it this heavily? Christ. You guys are a fan of this team, it's hilarious.

You will find low hits and high hits every effing game. Blount deserves this shit.

We're 2-4, we need something ton talk about. Let's fire the best player on our team. Not the coach.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I don't care how good Burfict is, he does this team no good if he's not on the field. He needs to learn how to control himself, plain and simple. That doesn't mean he can't be the heart of the D, that doesn't mean he can't play with fire, that doesn't mean he can't play with intensity. It simply means cut out the stupid shit. Unfortunately, he won't. He never takes responsibility for his actions and always plays the victim. He has more than earned his reputation and seems to love it.

He could be just as effective without being a dumbass. He brought all of this on himself, but doesn't seem to care about fixing the issue. Yes, he will get some BS calls against him, but that's by his own doing. He's knows he gets extra attention and still does stupid things.

I do like him and what he brings to the defense. I just want him to start using his head and quit getting in trouble. He does not help the team with it and he certainly does not help the team when he's not on the field.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 09:12 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Can you guys do me a favor and watch every play of every NFL game and scrutinize it this heavily? Christ. You guys are a fan of this team, it's hilarious.

You will find low hits and high hits every effing game. Blount deserves this shit.

We're 2-4, we need something ton talk about. Let's fire the best player on our team. Not the coach.

I don't think anyone has suggested getting rid of Dalton, Dunlap, or Atkins Ninja
Reply/Quote