Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict facing suspension
(08-28-2017, 09:22 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Will lose?  hell, he's already lost me a long time ago.  The sooner that goon gets kicked out of the office, the better.  I can't stand him or the NFL lately. 

Didn't he just sign an extension? 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 09:21 AM)treee Wrote: So where you do you draw the line? Are you only allowed to play pattycake within 5 yards of the LOS or what? These are professional players and they should know to have their head on a swivel until they clear those 5 yards, period. It was a clean shoulder to chest hit.

(08-28-2017, 09:22 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: It's borderline. And if its Burfict, then by default, it is dirty. That's just how it is, unfortunately. But at the same time, there was no reason for it. Completely unecessary and yes, stupid. Burfict has to know by now he had no friends in higher places in this league. He needs to make double sure he plays within the rules.

Obviously, I love the aggression and intensity he plays with and this defense sorely needs that level of play. But he can NEVER take unnecessary shots at people anymore. He was great about it last year (what was it, one personal foul all season) but this?  He had to have known he'd catch some shit for it. Burfict just can't be that damn dumb.

I really dont know. Burfict has to know that hes under a microscope though and completely eliminate any chance for people to give him a suspension. Its borderline but the league will do whatever it has to to keep this guy off the field, im convinced of it. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 09:29 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I really dont know. Burfict has to know that hes under a microscope though and completely eliminate any chance for people to give him a suspension. Its borderline but the league will do whatever it has to to keep this guy off the field, im convinced of it. 
You're right. That was more a jab at the selective enforcement of subjective rules by the NFL. Not a smart move by Burfict. Regardless, its a hit that is not worthy of a penalty by any measure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I suggest if he loses the appeal, the NFLPA and Burfict sue the NFL so no suspension takes place in 2017. It won't go to trial until 2018.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
So here's the route the NFL is laying out for Burfict and the team...

Option A: Burfict plays so timid that he isn't even close to the football player we want him to be.

Option B: Burfict is constantly suspended.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 09:32 AM)treee Wrote: You're right. That was more a jab at the selective enforcement of subjective rules by the NFL. Not a smart move by Burfict. Regardless, its a hit that is not worthy of a penalty by any measure.

The way the NFL rules are written nowadays, they could literally take any hit and subjectively find something wrong with it. They have protected themselves well in that regard. They can effectively eliminate players they don't like or control the outcome of agame based on how the rules are written. 
Reply/Quote
Not gonna say, "I told you so," but after the ball tap in 2013, I warned many (bfine did as well, AFAIR) that this type of **** would happen if he was on our team.

And lo and behold; second straight season where this has happened.

It is indeed, complete horsecrap that they even thought about suspension, because I guarantee you this has happened dozens of times thus far in the PS and absolutely nobody has been called out, let alone suspended.

And Joelist, you clearly don't realise that a team CANNOT do that; not only is it horrible PR for the NFL apologists (who make up the majority of the league-wide fanbase), but God only knows the sanctions and suspensions that the Bengals will face.

Do you want our team to suffer for (possibly, of course) their existence while fighting a clearly-losing battle or would you rather deal with the odd suspension and crap, because you KNOW things aren't going to change with the current regime?

Revolutions and the like happen, due to mass participation; in a league of 32 teams, 1 team speaking out will get us killed.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 09:46 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The way the NFL rules are written nowadays, they could literally take any hit and subjectively find something wrong with it. They have protected themselves well in that regard. They can effectively eliminate players they don't like or control the outcome of agame based on how the rules are written. 
It's not just the NFL doing it either.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 09:48 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not gonna say, "I told you so," but after the ball tap in 2013, I warned many (bfine did as well, AFAIR) that this type of **** would happen if he was on our team.

And lo and behold; second straight season where this has happened.

It is indeed, complete horsecrap that they even thought about suspension, because I guarantee you this has happened dozens of times thus far in the PS and absolutely nobody has been called out, let alone suspended.

And Joelist, you clearly don't realise that a team CANNOT do that; not only is it horrible PR for the NFL apologists (who make up the majority of the league-wide fanbase), but God only knows the sanctions and suspensions that the Bengals will face.

Do you want our team to suffer for (possibly, of course) their existence while fighting a clearly-losing battle or would you rather deal with the odd suspension and crap, because you KNOW things aren't going to change with the current regime?

Revolutions and the like happen, due to mass participation; in a league of 32 teams, 1 team speaking out will get us killed.

Proceeds with saying I told you so... Ninja
Reply/Quote
It sucks...but the NFL is going to take Burfict off of our team. He plays hard and is going to have hits...and they'll progressively suspend him for more time.
Reply/Quote
Maybe I'm crazy, but you see plays like this once a game and no one bats an eye. But of course Goodell is still trying to make an example out of Burfict.
Reply/Quote
Listening to Golic defend Burfict this morning,
Reply/Quote
I wish we could just give you guys Clay Matthews to take his place. We would do that for you too. That's a BS suspension. It would never happen to the Patriots or Cowboys that's for sure or Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 09:11 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It was not a legal hit. The receiver was defenseless. 

Vontez is an idiot and a dirty player. None of this is shocking. 

There was a ref looking right at it and no flags. Probably because it was not more than 5 yards down the field. This looked like a clean slobber-knocker.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 10:24 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: There was a ref looking right at it and no flags. Probably because it was not more than 5 yards down the field. This looked like a clean slobber-knocker.

It doesnt matter if its 5 yards down field or not. The receiver was deemed defenseless by the NFL front office. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 09:15 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It doesnt matter if its head to head or shoulder to chest. The receiver is defenseless. 

Give me a break.

Hit on Gio's face was completely legal  but hitting someone straight ( not in face or with helmet)   is worth 5 games???

Tez needs to sign with the Pats or Steelers and he will be fine with no more suspensions.

NFL is a complete joke.

If the Browns do not declare total war because of this suspension they are fools and possibly cowards.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 09:11 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It was not a legal hit. The receiver was defenseless. 

Vontez is an idiot and a dirty player. None of this is shocking. 

You could at least spell his name right if you're going to talk shit about him. 

Reply/Quote
Everyone is defending Burfict. That hit was textbook, I expect him to win the appeal. If he loses it though this season is over before it even began.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 10:31 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It doesnt matter if its 5 yards down field or not. The receiver was deemed defenseless by the NFL front office. 

Not according to their own rules...unless they just made up a new one
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
If he does not win this appeal, and is even suspended for one game, I am going to be livid.

He did nothing wrong here.

I thought he was facing suspension for jumping into the stands, not this garbage.

This is more of Anthony Sherman not being aware that burfict is near him, burfict did his f'ing job here. Did exactly what he was supposed to do.

Ridiculous.
Reply/Quote