Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict facing suspension
Looks legal to me, but its Burfict so he'll get suspended.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 02:41 AM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Let me get this straight....Huber gets his jaw broken, Gio about gets decapitated "Crickets" Tez makes what looks to me like a clean hit on a fullback, not a quarterback or a receiver, a big fullback and the NFL loses it's shit. I'm about done; I've been a fan of the Bengals and the NFL since 1978. With players not standing for the National Anthem and the league showing clear bias for certain teams and players I've about had it. I hope the front office shows some backbone and stands up to the league, not sure what if anything they can do, but I would try to think of something.

Isn't Mike Brown a lawyer? I would be flying to see Goddelcomplex right now.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 02:32 AM)TKUHL Wrote: They are going to make an example out of him before the season starts. Who better for the league to do so than Burfict. He is one of if not the most hated player in football right now. We are screwed. There's always something with this damn team. If we don't shoot ourself, its injuries, if we stay healthy it's this. Guess this kinda falls under shooting ourself in he foot but damn. Just disgusted.

They have found a way to get rid of anyone they don't like.  NFL is destroying itself.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If we do let Burfict go at the end of the year he will be making hits like that for the Steelers or Pats with no suspension.
Reply/Quote
Exclamation 
(08-28-2017, 02:41 AM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Let me get this straight....Huber gets his jaw broken, Gio about gets decapitated "Crickets" Tez makes what looks to me like a clean hit on a fullback, not a quarterback or a receiver, a big fullback and the NFL loses it's shit. I'm about done; I've been a fan of the Bengals and the NFL since 1978. With players not standing for the National Anthem and the league showing clear bias for certain teams and players I've about had it. I hope the front office shows some backbone and stands up to the league, not sure what if anything they can do, but I would try to think of something.

*NFL HQ*

212-450-2000
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It's official. He's appealing on a Tuesday conference call.

http://m.bengals.com/s/30838/360?itemUri=1341131871/8149103336155125664311812
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 04:59 AM)SouthernStripes Wrote: It's official. He's appealing on a Tuesday conference call.

http://m.bengals.com/s/30838/360?itemUri=1341131871/8149103336155125664311812

The NFL dealt the Bengals' Camp Tranquility a major jolt of adversity when they informed WILL linebacker Vontaze Burfict last week he's suspended for the first five games of the season for a hit on a defenseless receiver in last Saturday night's pre-season game against the Chiefs. Burfict confirmed after the Bengals landed in Cincinnati after Sunday's game in Washington his appeal is going to be heard Tuesday and he's confident it will be reduced. Apparently the appeal takes place via conference call.

The Bengals and Burfict argue it was a shoulder-to-chest hit to the front of the target as Sherman ran a pass route out of the backfield barely a yard from the line of scrimmage, but the NFL seems to believe the hit was high enough to be disciplined and that it came away from the play.  Since the play was Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith's 36-yard pass to tight end Travis Kelce down the middle of the field, no one appeared to notice Burfict's hit on Sherman at the time and it wasn't flagged.

"The rules say you can eliminate a receiver within five yards of the line of scrimmage as long as you don't hit him in the head and I don't think I hit him in the head," Burfict said.
Reply/Quote
Unless the NFL has a secret angle theyre seeing it from, i dont see how this is an illegal hit. No head contact, Burfict lead with the shoulder. They most likely wont admit theyre wrong and uphold it, because Fuhrer Goodell.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm about done with the NFL. Seriously thinking about not renewing my tickets next year. My ticket partner and me are both veterans and getting sick and tired of the politics of the players sitting for the anthem and thinking they are doing anything other than drawing attention to their selfish ignorance.

NFL rules are inconsistently enforced and if you aren't one of the chosen few you have to play uphill with one arm behind your back.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 06:13 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Unless the NFL has a secret angle theyre seeing it from, i dont see how this is an illegal hit. No head contact, Burfict lead with the shoulder. They most likely wont admit theyre wrong and uphold it, because Fuhrer Goodell.

Could have been a ploy to hype up the Steelers game when he comes back. Although, I see it being reduced to 1-3 games. 

Reply/Quote
THAT is good for 5 games?? The NFL is making it really hard for me to take their league seriously anymore.

Reply/Quote
Bad call on the NFL.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 06:41 AM)CJ2etc Wrote: I'm about done with the NFL.  Seriously thinking about not renewing my tickets next year.  My ticket partner and me are both veterans and getting sick and tired of the politics of the players sitting for the anthem and thinking they are doing anything other than drawing attention to their selfish ignorance.  

NFL rules are inconsistently enforced and if you aren't one of the chosen few you have to play uphill with one arm behind your back.

hard to argue with you on this......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Yep, dude looks like a Hall of Famer, a difference maker...he must be stopped. Suspend him. I swear to God, Goodell, you do this crap and you will lose every fan of this team.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 12:23 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: It was legal hit.  **** this League

It was not a legal hit. The receiver was defenseless. 

Vontez is an idiot and a dirty player. None of this is shocking. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 12:44 AM)Joelist Wrote: The film makes the league look even worse. The Bengals statement that it was shoulder to chest and also no blindsiding is completely correct.

It doesnt matter if its head to head or shoulder to chest. The receiver is defenseless. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 12:20 AM)TKUHL Wrote: If true and suspended, I know Im jumping the gun, but if true, what do you do next year?  He seems to get hurt alot, mostly hurts himself, every play of his will be under a microscope for the week. Not knocking the guy, Hes an awesome player, maybe a decade too late, but if the game is getting to the point where he cant adjust and play to the leagues standards what do you do.

Almost guaranteed Eifert and Burfict miss some games every year due to health and in Burfict's case, suspension. Burfict hasn't played a full regular season since 2013 and Eifert never has played a full season before.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 09:15 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It doesnt matter if its head to head or shoulder to chest. The receiver is defenseless. 
So where you do you draw the line? Are you only allowed to play pattycake within 5 yards of the LOS or what? These are professional players and they should know to have their head on a swivel until they clear those 5 yards, period. It was a clean shoulder to chest hit.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 08:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yep, dude looks like a Hall of Famer, a difference maker...he must be stopped.  Suspend him.  I swear to God, Goodell, you do this crap and you will lose every fan of this team.

Will lose?  hell, he's already lost me a long time ago.  The sooner that goon gets kicked out of the office, the better.  I can't stand him or the NFL lately. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 09:11 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It was not a legal hit. The receiver was defenseless. 

Vontez is an idiot and a dirty player. None of this is shocking. 

It's borderline. And if its Burfict, then by default, it is dirty. That's just how it is, unfortunately. But at the same time, there was no reason for it. Completely unecessary and yes, stupid. Burfict has to know by now he had no friends in higher places in this league. He needs to make double sure he plays within the rules.

Obviously, I love the aggression and intensity he plays with and this defense sorely needs that level of play. But he can NEVER take unnecessary shots at people anymore. He was great about it last year (what was it, one personal foul all season) but this?  He had to have known he'd catch some shit for it. Burfict just can't be that damn dumb.
Reply/Quote