Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict facing suspension
(08-30-2017, 12:15 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Not me. I think, at best, the NFL reduces the suspension from 5 to 3 or 2, but there's no way they're going to admit they made a mistake and completely remove the suspension.

Forgot that it was a 3rd party arbitor. Might actually be some good news.

Could be right, at the very least reduce it to 3 games. 5 is just crazy. Just trying to blatantly hurt our season.

Thrash was a Redskin BTW, again Nate raises an eyebrow.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 11:25 AM)Wyche Wrote: Much like one Sam Wyche did before the AFCCG.....glad to see Marvin get pissed....but he and Mike need to go off and threaten to call Vegas like good ol Sammy did.

Exactly. You make a "nuclear" threat in private and if they don't comply you carry it out. It maybe costs a lot of money but it also sends the message that you will do what you say you will do. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 11:45 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: It USED to happen when playing football. Nowadays, it seems like any hard hit is going to result in a fine/suspension. Reminds me of Marvins comments after Mike Carey f***ed us during the 2006 Bucs game "what do you want him to do, cuddle him to the ground"?

11 years later we appear to have our answer: yes. Yes they do. F*** this joke of a league and especially the people who run it. I always thought the older football fans who saw games in the 60's and 70's were just whining for the sake of whining and simply hated any sort of change. But they were right. The game has changed, and not in a good way. 

Just give it another Decade.

By the year 2030, players will be completely wrapped in Bubble Wrap and get tackled by the removal of one of two Flags on their waist.

Nerf footballs for Ref and Fan safety with Fields made out of Kids Bounce House material with plenty of Air inside.   Tongue
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 01:20 PM)depthchart Wrote: Just give it another Decade.

By the year 2030, players will be completely wrapped in Bubble Wrap and get tackled by the removal of one of two Flags on their waist.

Nerf footballs for Ref and Fan safety with Fields made out of Kids Bounce House material with plenty of Air inside.   Tongue

Why type that out, make it public and give the league any ideas!?  Say What
Reply/Quote
For me, football is one of those sports that come with known consequences, like motorcycle riding.

You know it can be dangerous and there's no guarantee, so you have to assume that 'MOST' folk know that and choose to play or ride anyway!!

Trying to do apples to apples, why doesn't EVERY state have a mandatory helmet law?
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 01:46 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: For me, football is one of those sports that come with known consequences, like motorcycle riding.

You know it can be dangerous and there's no guarantee, so you have to assume that 'MOST' folk know that and choose to play or ride anyway!!

Trying to do apples to apples, why doesn't EVERY state have a mandatory helmet law?

Seems to only make sense that everyone wears a helmet if every state requires seat belts.
Reply/Quote
NFL is trying really hard to lose fans. The past few years have seen the quality of the game take a nose dive south.... this is total bs and makes me want to boycott their increasingly shitty product. They won't hire full time officials, they can't figure out what a catch is, going to a game costs as much as buying Christmas presents for your whole family, they won't even acknowledge their sport causes brain damage, and now suspending players just because the league doesnt like them.. Good thing they can afford to pay Goodell 44 million a year, who knows how bad it could get without him...
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 02:12 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: NFL is trying really hard to lose fans. The past few years have seen the quality of the game take a nose dive south.... this is total bs and makes me want to boycott their increasingly shitty product. They won't hire full time officials, they can't figure out what a catch is, going to a game costs as much as buying Christmas presents for your whole family, they won't even acknowledge their sport causes brain damage, and now suspending players just because the league doesnt like them.. Good thing they can afford to pay Goodell 44 million a year, who knows how bad it could get without him...

This will sound dumb but it's one of those stupid random thoughts I get. How can a player be fined for "Unsportsmanlike conduct" in a profession that dosent even list itself as a sport, but Entertainment. Hmmm
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 05:48 PM)TKUHL Wrote: This will sound dumb but it's one of those stupid random thoughts I get. How can a player be fined for "Unsportsmanlike conduct" in a profession that dosent even list itself as a sport, but Entertainment. Hmmm

Do they pay taxes? No this is a serious question. I thought I had read one time they don't pay taxes.. Yeah I had heard they are listed as entertainment also
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 06:06 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Do they pay taxes? No this is a serious question. I thought I had read one time they don't pay taxes.. Yeah I had heard they are listed as entertainment also

Yea that's why some people think it's rigged, or that the league has it favorites cause they can do pretty much what they want. Who knows.
Reply/Quote
3 games. Verdict is in.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
How can a player be a repeat offender of a rule that didn't previously exist?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 12:03 AM)PikesPeakUC Wrote:

it was NOT an illegal hit....
no flag was thrown on the play....he hit the chief in the chest, not head....
the NFL is just out to get us....
the steelers do this it's just "good solid defense....
total BS Rant
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 07:09 PM)Synric Wrote: 3 games. Verdict is in.

Yup its official. Been reduced to a 3 game suspension.

Such horseshit for a new rule. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 10:27 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: How so? Hey got hit hard coming across the middle. It happens when playing football. 

But the games don't count so there's no reason to go lighting a player up.

With the NFL's stance on safety lately, you have to believe that that's their line of thinking.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 07:18 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Yup its official. Been reduced to a 3 game suspension.

Such horseshit for a new rule. 

Suspended for a New Rule...in the preseason lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 07:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: But the games don't count so there's no reason to go lighting a player up.

With the NFL's stance on safety lately, you have to believe that that's their line of thinking.

Yes there is reason.

1) Burfict is getting prepared for when games count, you don't go half assing it and hope you can turn it on when it matters. Go hard and get prepared.

2) It should be instinct at this point. You learn to play the game a certain way and that killer instinct doesn't know if it is pre-season or not.

3) Pre-season games still get watched by other teams. Prior to the league being ***** bitches and crying like they have a boo-boo on their knee cause big bad Burfict was making pitt fans cry in fear, Bell would see that footage as would Gronk and they'd realize you come across the middle and 55 will hit you. Now...now they realize they can run across the middle with no fear...and that is not how football is meant to be played.

**** this joke of a league, I really hope Troy Vincent and Godel and any other league punk ass that was involved in this new rule and suspension of Burfict and that includes James Thrash, gets some rare form of ass cancer and rots away slowly and painfully. Screw them all.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 07:12 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: How can a player be a repeat offender of a rule that didn't previously exist?

Exactly! Burfict is the first player to be suspended for violating this new rule based on being a repeat offender of said rule????? WTF I though Mike Brown was a layer? Am I missing something here.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 07:13 PM)Steve Wrote: it was NOT an illegal hit....
no flag was thrown on the play....he hit the chief in the chest, not head....
the NFL is just out to get us....
the steelers do this it's just "good solid defense....
total BS Rant

I cant stomach watching a Pitt game, but if you can I suggest that whenever you see their players doing these exact same hits that you or someone post it on every social media site. I would but I'm not joking, I really can't watch that team without my blood pressure reaching fatal digits.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 11:19 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Exactly! Burfict is the first player to be suspended for violating this new rule based on being a repeat offender of said rule????? WTF I though Mike Brown was a layer? Am I missing something here.

Repeat offender to rules in general, in regards to player safety.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote