Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow Injury
I’ve been reading that Burrow said he is going to get his knee examined from that injury during the game. I hope this isn’t something serious again for him. Hopefully the speculation is wrong that it could be more serious than thought.

If the front office doesn’t fix this OL in a SERIOUS way this off-season we won’t have our star QB for long.

Fix the damn offensive line this off-season, not put another half ass band aid on it like last year.

I want to enjoy our young QB star for years to come!
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:43 AM)GodFather Wrote: I’ve been reading that Burrow said he is going to get his knee examined from that injury during the game. I hope this isn’t something serious again for him. Hopefully the speculation is wrong that it could be more serious than thought.

If the front office doesn’t fix this OL in a SERIOUS way this off-season we won’t have our star QB for long.

Fix the damn offensive line this off-season, not put another half ass band aid on it like last year.

Sadly this has been the need for years.

Season ends, "fix the line"

Draft approaches... "But it is a deep OL class we have other needs"

Rinse, and repeat.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's getting it done in Cincinnati. I don't like the sound of it really. I suppose we won't know until tomorrow.
Jonah is the only one worth keeping at this point. All the rest are backups.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Burrow has played on a bad right knee all season. I wouldn't be surprised if he got it "cleaned" out. It's concerning the beaten he's taken. Hard not to avoid the Luck comparison. He's been sacked more than Luck had in 4 years, and everyone claimed Luck was beat into retirement due to the lack of protection. Burrow is blowing past any of Luck's numbers.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Just great, geez. And people think Im crazy for wanting to free up Tyler Boyds $20M the next 2 seasons.

We need to evaluate every single position and any one not producing at their pay rate need to be replaced and that extra money go to the absolute best Olinemen we can afford.

We should pay big dollars on Offense to our QB, WR1, WR2, RB1, LT, LG, C, RT, RG - we can save on TE, WR3.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:50 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Just great, geez. And people think Im crazy for wanting to free up Tyler Boyds $20M the next 2 seasons.  

We need to evaluate every single position and any one not producing at their pay rate need to be replaced and that extra money go to the absolute best Olinemen we can afford.

We should pay big dollars on Offense to our QB, WR1, WR2, RB1, LT, LG, C, RT, RG - we can save on TE, WR3.

That was the way NE did it.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:43 AM)GodFather Wrote: I’ve been reading that Burrow said he is going to get his knee examined from that injury during the game. I hope this isn’t something serious again for him. Hopefully the speculation is wrong that it could be more serious than thought.

I have a feeling it's torn... 
Reply/Quote
Burrow looked pretty damn hurt on that play, but he was "OK" and by that I suspected that he was "gameday OK" meaning once the adrenaline and painkillers wear off he may not be "OK."
Reply/Quote
RT > RG > LT in that order. I say LT over C because I don’t think Williams is that solid of a bookend.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:53 AM)Tony Wrote: I have a feeling it's torn... 

Facepalm

He wasn’t even limping once he came back out. Sprain at absolute worst. And I doubt even that as well as he was moving on it.

Reply/Quote
Anyone picking on burrow is just completely off base.

Has anyone been sacked as much in the playoffs? In Super Bowl?

Andrew Luck is the lesson from history bengal managnent better take to heart.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:52 AM)Von Cichlid Wrote: That was the way NE did it.

They cut all pro Lawyer Malloy, they cut everyone that was paid too much and kept them from reaching a SB - they understand championships.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:56 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Anyone picking on burrow is just completely off base.

I feel like Burrow has a lot more competitive spirit to get beaten out of him than Luck, but I also don't recall Luck getting beaten to a damn pulp the second he started playing, either.  This year Burrow was pretty much David Carr's situation with Peyton Manning's ability.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:56 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: RT > RG > LT in that order. I say LT over C because I don’t think Williams is that solid of a bookend.

Our C was 35th out of 39 Centers this year, and is a $6M cap savings this offseason.  We should find cash everywhere we can and do like KC - replace as many as we can afford with the most elite available.  
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:50 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Just great, geez. And people think Im crazy for wanting to free up Tyler Boyds $20M the next 2 seasons.  

I was hoping they'd trade Boyd this season and get some OL help.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:03 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I was hoping they'd trade Boyd this season and get some OL help.

Why? And act like a championship organization that realizes the value of a solid oline necessary to protect the damn franchise QB..?  That would be so unlike us, read the posts. Tyler Boyd and his 4 receptions per game are worth $10M per year instead.

Time to make big boy biz decisions with the goal to go to the SB every year.  Players get paid at production or at a discount, get on the championship train.
Reply/Quote

If they wanted to they could fix it this week. There are some really great O line players available. Mike is going to have to pay them and he has never been one to build through FA.

But he was there and saw it himself. Saw Joe's right leg get bent back about 90 degrees the wrong way. Saw Joe end up on the risers. Saw Joe get sacked, and sacked and sacked.

By the same TWO guys. Just two did all that because THIS O LINE HAS BEEN TRASH, MIKE!

Fire the O line coach, too. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:19 AM)BengalB Wrote: Fire the O line coach, too. 

Pollack can’t polish a turd. He went into this job with a god awful OL. Myself and others were saying the addition of only Reid and drafting Carman wasn’t close to enough fixing this line. 

But one thing is for sure, no way in hell Burrow’s body takes another year of this beating. The front office HAS to fix this with no exceptions this off-season. No excuses. 

I just hop Burrow’s knee isn't damaged more after tonight’s game. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:56 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Anyone picking on burrow is just completely off base.

The real question is what QB took the beating Burrow did this season and playoffs and still performed as well? I would say nobody…
Reply/Quote
Burrow survived an ACL/MCL in his other leg. I think based on the way he screamed after that hit, something is wrong, he's a tough son of a *****. Nothing like that fake ass shit ben roethlisberger did. Yeah, every fan of every team knows what's wrong with the Bengals, they should be fixing it ASAP.
Reply/Quote