Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burrow Less than Stellar in debut
Remember they signed Bobby hart to 3 years 24 million. He is almost single handedly killing burrow.

Burrow had 2.21 seconds to throw yesterday which was worst in the nfl yesterday. Even as a rookie who has no business carrying a team with competent veterans, yet he did and almost won the game.

The play calling was not as good as it should be. Taylor shouldn’t be running the ball on 2nd and 10, which leads to 3rd and long with that line.

Ross should not have played as many snaps as he did, Mixon needed more touches(19) playing with a lead, play him as a receiver in the flat, he is capable.

Where the F### was tyler Boyd, or Higgins.

These guys NEED to be involved!
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 08:58 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Remember they signed Bobby hart to 3 years 24 million. He is almost single handedly killing burrow.

Burrow had 2.21 seconds to throw yesterday which was worst in the nfl yesterday. Even as a rookie who has no business carrying a team with competent veterans, yet he did and almost won the game.

The play calling was not as good as it should be. Taylor shouldn’t be running the ball on 2nd and 10, which leads to 3rd and long with that line.

Ross should not have played as many snaps as he did, Mixon needed more touches(19) playing with a lead, play him as a receiver in the flat, he is capable.

Things arent looking good, jim.

Burrow’s gonna get killed behind that line. They HAVE to improve it next year. You dont want Burrow’s name mentioned in the same sentence as David Carr
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:18 PM)Au165 Wrote: I watched it back again today, the play calling was fine (Haven't see 22 yet), but he struggled when Bosa was in with pressure. Second half he really did better as Bosa took more breaks and you saw him scan the field more and work down the field a bit. Again, playcalling seemed fine and I especially like some of the backside crossers to Uzomah later in the game we set up with similar-looking runs earlier where he blocked down at the second level early then ran past them in route late. That was a play they stole straight out of the 49ers playbook.

I didn't like all of the empty sets on first and second downs early in the game and the scripted plays especially the run designs were ugly... Zac used a ton of different formations with alot of different substitutions which slowed the tempo.

I was not a fan.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Joe did not perform well overall especially in what he did well in college did not translate to his play yesterday. Hopefully thurs he will perform better
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 03:02 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Meanwhile in Washington, a dominant pass rush and some obviously "overrated" Buckeye alums are 1-0 after sacking Wentz 8 times beating a good Eagles team.

Jalen Hurts could have managed 23-36 for 193 and an interception. QBR of 20.2!!!

So that's it?  He gets one game and you're done with him?  My, how perfectly rational of you.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 03:02 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Meanwhile in Washington, a dominant pass rush and some obviously "overrated" Buckeye alums are 1-0 after sacking Wentz 8 times beating a good Eagles team.

Jalen Hurts could have managed 23-36 for 193 and an interception. QBR of 20.2!!!

Oh man I was wondering when the "Chase Young Watch" would start.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 10:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh man I was wondering when the "Chase Young Watch" would start.

Before he even bought it.  Duh!

I have to assume it is an Apple Watch, but it could be a Rolex...
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 09:04 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Things arent looking good, jim.

Burrow’s gonna get killed behind that line. They HAVE to improve it next year. You dont want Burrow’s name mentioned in the same sentence as David Carr

That’s scary. Joe Burrow was a great draft pick and I don’t want history to repeat itself with Joe playing the part of Greg Cook.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 07:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I generally only look at passer rating myself. Joe’s wasn’t great yesterday (66.1), but hey at least it was better than Mayfield’s. Lol

Same. I think passer rating is THE stat regarding efficiency. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 10:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh man I was wondering when the "Chase Young Watch" would start.

1 1/2 sacks, not bad. LOVE MY BUCKEYE ALUM!! EXCEPT shazier! I didn't like him when he was a Buck!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 10:36 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s scary.  Joe Burrow was a great draft pick and I don’t want history to repeat itself with Joe playing the part of Greg Cook.

or ryan leaf!!! j/k

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 08:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wow, you're really going to dog on a day 1 starting QB who had virtually no OTAs, no preseason games, and a truncated training camp?  

Gee whiz, do you remember Andy Dalton in that first preseason game versus Detroit?  I do, and I think that Joe did a little better.  In fact, he grew as the game wore on.  He put the team on his back, carried them to the 3 yard line, threw what should have been the game winning ball, only to get let down by circumstance.

Sure, he made plenty of rookie mistakes.  He did atone, and take the team under his control.  He can't control some things, like WR/DB hand fighting, how an official is going to view a play, etc.  When it came down to the wire, Joe was electric.  I haven't been that enthused as I was watching that drive, since the opening of the '05 playoff game, before seeing Palmer writhing on the ground.  Joe is a winner, he's here to do great things.

Is this a joke? I was nice, very nice and very fair. Anyone thinking my original post was dogging him needs to grow a pair.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

It started around Christmas of last year. I just love the holidays.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 08:58 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Remember they signed Bobby hart to 3 years 24 million. He is almost single handedly killing burrow.

Where was last year's second round draft choice? The team's second pick from the previous season!
Reply/Quote

He was the most sure thing in the draft. By the time the number 1 pick was ours, I was all for Joe Burrow, but Chase Young was the can't miss guy. We'd be 0-1 with Young too though, and I'm glad we took Burrow.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 08:20 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  Absolutely I saw a franchise QB who, barring injury will be one of the best in the NFL in the next few years.

I saw a great college player not play up to his ability in his first NFL game and I did appreciate his candor that he admits the same.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Same. I think passer rating is THE stat regarding efficiency. 

My only problem with it is that it doesn't account for garbage time. 

I don't want a full-on nonsensical calculation like ESPN's attempt at a QB stat, but garbage time QB stat padding is a thing.

It also probably over-values extra conservative game managers a little.

- - - - -

No stat will be perfect I suppose, but I do agree that it's probably the best out there right now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:12 PM)RASCAL Wrote: 1 1/2 sacks, not bad. LOVE MY BUCKEYE ALUM!! EXCEPT shazier! I didn't like him when he was a Buck!!!

I’m more into rooting for Sam Hubbard and Michael Jordan myself, but hey...

Seeing UC players do well for other NFL teams does very little for me. I mean, good for them I guess, but if you’re not in stripes you’re the enemy as far as I’m concerned.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 12:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m more into rooting for Sam Hubbard and Michael Jordan myself, but hey...

Seeing UC players do well for other NFL teams does very little for me. I mean, good for them I guess, but if you’re not in stripes you’re the enemy as far as I’m concerned.

I'm a UK fan and it really pisses me off to see Dupree and Snell playing so well for Pitt. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 12:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m more into rooting for Sam Hubbard and Michael Jordan myself, but hey...

so effin what?

Reply/Quote