Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow/Young
The good thing is that we should have two more games to watch him and one of those will be versus Clemson or OSU. I admittedly haven't watched alot of Clemson this year, but if he is able to hang a lot of points on OSU (especially in the 2nd half when OSU really seems to play fast on defense), then I think that would go a long way to settle this debate.

This is easily the most exciting CFP since the inception, IMO.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 01:48 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: One thing that scares me about Burrow is if his look isnt there he will look to run. ALOT.. you cant exactly do that in the pros. He seems to know where to go with the ball though. He throws alot of quick passes and short passes. I'm not so sure about him. Theres just something about him that kinda makes me feel..fooled.

Statistically there’s nothing to back up your point about a lot of short throws
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 01:57 PM)Von Cichlid Wrote: The good thing is that we should have two more games to watch him and one of those will be versus Clemson or OSU.  I admittedly haven't watched alot of Clemson this year, but if he is able to hang a lot of points on OSU (especially in the 2nd half when OSU really seems to play fast on defense), then I think that would go a long way to settle this debate.

This is easily the most exciting CFP since the inception, IMO.

I don't think anyone is beaten Clemson this year.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 02:07 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't think anyone is beaten Clemson this year.  

I know Clemson is undefeated, I just haven't seen them play.  I know they have alot of big playmakers on defense that are very disruptive to the other teams offense, but I don't know that they are the level of shutdown that OSU is.  That is why I am really wanting to see LSU versus OSU.  I want to see want kind of plays Burrow can make against that OSU defense.  

I've seen OSU play enough to know that it is impossible to complete a bunch of short/intermediate routes against that team.  OSU secondary is way too fast and their coverage is way too tight.  If Burrow is to have a good showing against OSU, he will have to make great throws 20 yards or more on a consistent basis, I would think.

Update:  Clemson gets OSU, so we will need to OSU to beat Clemson to get to see this match up.   
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 01:48 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: One thing that scares me about Burrow is if his look isnt there he will look to run. ALOT.. you cant exactly do that in the pros. He seems to know where to go with the ball though. He throws alot of quick passes and short passes. I'm not so sure about him. Theres just something about him that kinda makes me feel..fooled.

That’s not true. You should watch more than one game. One of the knocks on Burrow is he will give up sacks. That is because he continues to look down field for an open receivers rather than look to run if his first read isn’t open.

The 71 yard touchdown he threw in the SEC championship is a good example of his pocket presence and ability to avoid the pass rush rather than just take off running.
Reply/Quote

Dude, don't try to run a Chase Young sales pitch, by making false claims about Joe Burrow.  All of the things that you are asserting in that post just simply are not true.  I'm beginning to even wonder if you even watched Joe Burrow play this season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 12:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why are people so convinced Detroit will look for a QB? Stafford has 3 more years left on his contract.

Back injury.
Reply/Quote
Im pretty excited about the chance to see Burrow play against OSUs defense. This thread title would take on a whole new meaning.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 06:45 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Back injury.

Yes, but he’s had that for like 2 years, and he was actually playing really well before they shut him down last month. 106 PR.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 09:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yes, but he’s had that for like 2 years, and he was actually playing really well before they shut him down last month. 106 PR.

Back problems usually don't get better. Looking at his contract the Lions are handcuffed with his 135 million dollar contract. Looking at this I would agree that the Lions aren't a viable option for a trade but they are or could be definitely QB needy team. Maybe we trade Dalton to them?
Reply/Quote
If Chase Young decides to stay for his senior season, will getting the number 1 pick with Burrow become crucial?
Reply/Quote
Yes it will become more valuable. If Young comes out though, we might have to get him and go for Love, Hurts, or Tua later in my opinion. Kiper rates Young better than the Bosa brothers.
Reply/Quote
If Young doesn't declare and whether or not Tua declares, it's vital to get the #1 pick. I figured if Young comes out the Giants would take him if they have the top pick, however that's no guarantee as they could always trade back. I just hope the Bengals don't mess this up. Just keep losing a few games for the future of the franchise, it's not hard.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like Chase Young somewhat backtracked his earlier comments about his "plan" to return to OSU next season. I could not imagine anyone passing up the guaranteed top 3 pick and 8 figure contract to return for a year of college football. Really wouldn't make any sense.

Gives me some hope that if the Giants end up picking ahead of the Bengals, they would take Young and we would still get Burrow. Fingers crossed.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 02:24 PM)Von Cichlid Wrote: I know Clemson is undefeated, I just haven't seen them play.  I know they have alot of big playmakers on defense that are very disruptive to the other teams offense, but I don't know that they are the level of shutdown that OSU is.  That is why I am really wanting to see LSU versus OSU.  I want to see want kind of plays Burrow can make against that OSU defense.  

I've seen OSU play enough to know that it is impossible to complete a bunch of short/intermediate routes against that team.  OSU secondary is way too fast and their coverage is way too tight.  If Burrow is to have a good showing against OSU, he will have to make great throws 20 yards or more on a consistent basis, I would think.

Update:  Clemson gets OSU, so we will need to OSU to beat Clemson to get to see this match up.   

Clemson will easily be the best offense OSU has faced this year. Studs at all skill positions, and a top shelf QB. Clemson’s defense will also be the best D the Bucks have seen.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote

You must be talking about Jalen Hurts. Burrow is basically opposite of everything you said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 12:52 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. You have to go with Burrow.

Honestly, the way this franchise is ran...landing an elite QB is the only possible route to long-term success. I just doubt Taylor will be a great coach. So that leaves landing that QB.

Burrow has some personality traits that make me think he despises losing. That would be an interesting dynamic here.

We've been at these crossroads before with Palmer, who I think could've really been great if MB would've at least tried to do his job and build teams to win.

Burrow will likely fail his interview with MB if he comes off as too passionate about winning like some others such as Boomer, Wyche, Pickens, Spikes, Dillon, Palmer, etc.  Andy was a perfect candidate for QB as he never rocks the boat.  Well, he got a little upset after his bday benching, but after he stewed for a bit, he was perfectly fine. 

Burrow seems like a no-brainer, but without Marvin here to help steer the draft, I wouldn't expect good results.

The good news?  Nobody lives forever......and change is imminent.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
It sucks that Trevor Lawrence isn’t eligible till after next year
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
So, after watching the pass rush have a good day, and Andy bumbling away the rest of the team's efforts with 3 second half INTs (4 for the day), is there anyone who still thinks that we need a pass rusher over a franchise QB?

Let's go, Joe Burrow!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 07:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, after watching the pass rush have a good day, and Andy bumbling away the rest of the team's efforts with 3 second half INTs (4 for the day), is there anyone who still thinks that we need a pass rusher over a franchise QB?

Let's go, Joe Burrow!

To be fair the first pick was on Tyler Boyd....but yea Andy was very very bad of course it doesnt help when Tyler Eifert is playing x receiver lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote