Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Burrow is the pick!
(04-24-2020, 07:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Go away.

No, I can express my opinion as much as you express yours. Just because I think you're kind of dumb doesn't mean I have to agree with you.

You think he looked excited? Lol, no person would say that, everything else is an excuse. It's black and white. His parents had no reaction other than a smile. that's fact. Why, because he probably already knew and because of the situation, but it's still a fact.

That has nothing to do with his success or not as a Bengal/Bungle.
Reply/Quote
He knew he was being drafted by them for weeks. Got some people here turning into Florio basing opinions off of perceived reactions.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 12:03 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: He knew he was being drafted by them for weeks. Got some people here turning into Florio basing opinions off of perceived reactions.

That's true, but sitll doesn't mean you can pass off this guy looked excited, lol. What a joke.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 12:00 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I wonder how he looks now, after spending his career here, lol.

Must feel pretty good considering he CHOSE to stay here after his first contract was up, and made it clear he wants to retire a Bengal.

Anything else?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 12:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Must feel pretty good considering he CHOSE to stay here after his first contract was up, and made it clear he wants to retire a Bengal.

Anything else?

Do I need to refer to my "politics" post before? Lol.

Are you watching the last dance? You will learn what I mean by "politics". The best players (including AJ), know how to treat the media and how to get what they want/need by using them, but they have to be political  about it and not marshawn lynch it up. 

Burrow is very smart, he's going to be an MJ in front of the camera. AJ is the same.

Not sure what AJ would gain from telling the team he currently plays for, that (publicly) he wouldn't like to retire with them.

Think of AJ Green, someone who should have easily been in the HOF say, as a chlid, I want to grow up and play for an NFL franchise and not win a playoff gamebefore I retire, lol.

Besides it all, we can't really trust the person in front of the camera (that goes for other situations than sports). You can find a lot of anecdotcal stories that Brady and Lebron are assholes, but not sure you'd gather that from their persona. "Image, is everything".
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 12:01 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: No, I can express my opinion as much as you express yours. Just because I think you're kind of dumb doesn't mean I have to agree with you.

You think he looked excited? Lol, no person would say that, everything else is an excuse. It's black and white. His parents had no reaction other than a smile. that's fact. Why, because he probably already knew and because of the situation, but it's still a fact.

That has nothing to do with his success or not as a Bengal/Bungle.

I take this as a compliment. If you agreed with me I’d be worried. You’re honestly one of the absolute worst posters on this board. I mean, how do you barely have more rep than posts? At over 7k posts, too! How’s that even possible? LMAO

Also, you might want to get your eyes checked, Rube. His mom was CLEARLY crying at the 24 second mark (his dad looks over at her).

https://youtu.be/rTqFaoty-TY

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 07:22 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He was happier talking about video games than playing for us lol. I'm sure he knew earlier. His parents basically had no reaction at all. Kind of like how you feel when you just get up in the AM and have to brush your teeth. Had to be the weakest reaction to a #1 pick, ever.

Maybe some people are more composed or reserved. Better than the fake ass flopping on the floor and crying.
Reply/Quote
In all fairness, when has Burrow ever been openly excited and emotional. It doesn't happen very often. He didn't look excited when he won the Heisman
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 12:05 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: That's true, but sitll doesn't mean you can pass off this guy looked excited, lol. What a joke.

We just drafted a new franchise QB coming off of one of the greatest college seasons of all time, but of course you'd rather get hung up on shit like this.  Why any Bengals fan would choose to wallow in self misery after what happened last night is honestly beyond me.

You do you, man.  The rest of us will be over here enjoying the ride.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 12:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Most of these guys haven’t. Have you seen any of them jumping up and down? It’s a weird situation.

Yeah my son looked at me and said "he sure doesn't look excited". Then each pick goes by and the reactions are all the same. Very few smiles. Subdued reactions. Strange indeed. Maybe the NFL put out a memo to not act too excited? Maybe they felt like it'd clash with all the covid stuff they were shoving down our throats?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 12:05 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: That's true, but sitll doesn't mean you can pass off this guy looked excited, lol. What a joke.

If you watched his Bengals presser with the media, he was in a great mood...smiling, laughing, enjoying himself. At the same time, as he kept reiterating, he's ready to get to work and he's very serious about doing whatever it takes to win in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 12:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah my son looked at me and said "he sure doesn't look excited". Then each pick goes by and the reactions are all the same. Very few smiles. Subdued reactions. Strange indeed. Maybe the NFL put out a memo to not act too excited? Maybe they felt like it'd clash with all the covid stuff they were shoving down our throats?

Tua's family just sat there thru the whole thing. I was laughing, because they could have at least done something. It was awkward, but I think most of it was just delayed, it took a bit to get info back and forth.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 12:50 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Tua's family just sat there thru the whole thing. I was laughing, because they could have at least done something. It was awkward, but I think most of it was just delayed, it took a bit to get info back and forth.

Admittedly, I didn't watch the whole round, but the players I did watch were all like that. Tua's was the worst.

Maybe you're right about the delay. That said, even when they obviously knew they were the pick, it was still pretty subdued.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 12:50 PM)sandwedge Wrote: but I think most of it was just delayed, it took a bit to get info back and forth.

Many times the shots they showed on TV were not live.  You could see they were watching what had already been shown on TV.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 12:28 PM)Big Boss Wrote: We just drafted a new franchise QB coming off of one of the greatest college seasons of all time, but of course you'd rather get hung up on shit like this.  Why any Bengals fan would choose to wallow in self misery after what happened last night is honestly beyond me.

You should see Reuben in the gameday threads.  He lives for the Bengals to suck and mess up.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 12:15 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Think of AJ Green, someone who should have easily been in the HOF say, as a chlid, I want to grow up and play for an NFL franchise and not win a playoff gamebefore I retire, lol.

Green thinks he can win a playoff game here.

You do realize that he had a chance to leave and chose to re-sign with the Bengals, correct?
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
I don't care what anyone says, Joe Burrow looks like he's about to have a major outbreak of acne any time.. He might be the first superbowl winning QB with a big zit on his nose.. Oh well..Worse things happen. Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote