Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow just tweeted...
Burrow is excited to get Chase. I bet the two have already talked about it.
Reply/Quote
Boyd alluded to this earlier, the idea of a new coach for fans is fun but for players it's miserable. Learning a whole new scheme is difficult and it takes a while to gel in it. I think for Burrow who had to learn the whole scheme remote, getting to spend a second year in it should allow for a massive jump forward in year 2.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Burrow says the right things... at the very least.

BENGALS FANS - Burrow is so dedicated to winning it's gonna rub off on the front office!
MIKE BROWN - We are sticking with a coach who wins 20% of the time.
BURROW - I couldn't be more excited about this.

[Image: AdmiredAppropriateDeinonychus-size_restricted.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I used to have passion too when I was in my 20's. Became a little more cynical in my 30's. Got down rite crotchety now in my very late 40's. Next year as I start my 50's I'm going to be downright unbearable if we don't start winning some playoff games and dare I say it? Championships.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: BENGALS FANS - Burrow is so dedicated to winning it's gonna rub off on the front office!
MIKE BROWN - We are sticking with a coach who wins 20% of the time.
BURROW - I couldn't be more excited about this.

[Image: AdmiredAppropriateDeinonychus-size_restricted.gif]

call scooby and the gang to see whos wearing the burrow mask.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:15 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Who would be excited to play for this organization? Lol.

Some one with confidence and a positive outlook instead of someone who lives to ***** and moan.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:42 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Burrow is excited to get Chase.  I bet the two have already talked about it.

Burrow is not getting Chase.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Some one with confidence and a positive outlook instead of someone who lives to ***** and moan.

well someone getting paid 10+ million a year no matter the win loss record i imagine doesn't hurt.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:10 PM)Big Boss Wrote: This.

Bet: Taylor is fired after/during the 2021 season, Burrow expresses excitement for his replacement.  

Yup. It is what a mature QB does. Keep the same positive talking points. Only a player with either absolute clout or a massive D-bag go against the coaches, and Burrow is none of those. What would people think/act if he trashed the guy?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burrow is not getting Chase.

Is that a fact?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:55 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Is that a fact?

As much of a fact as they are getting him.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: call scooby and the gang to see whos wearing the burrow mask.

It's more on us for even thinking that we want yet another player to start trying to tell Mike Brown what to do after seeing how well it has gone every other time in the past 30 years.

(01-04-2021, 04:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Some one with confidence and a positive outlook instead of someone who lives to ***** and moan.

Or as Stephen Stills put it:  if you can't be with the one who love, honey...love the one you're with!  Do do do do doot doot doo doot etc.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:55 PM)Destro Wrote: Yup. It is what a mature QB does. Keep the same positive talking points. Only a player with either absolute clout or a massive D-bag go against the coaches, and Burrow is none of those. What would people think/act if he trashed the guy?

REP.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burrow is not getting Chase.

Pretty definitive statement. There’s a chance we take him if Sewell is gone.

All you guys that want “anything but a WR” will just have to squeal about it.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:10 PM)Big Boss Wrote: This.

Bet: Taylor is fired after/during the 2021 season, Burrow expresses excitement for his replacement.  

I would bet that Bengals asked him to send out a message like that to tamp down all the disapointment in keeping ZT
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:15 PM)pally Wrote: I also bet that if Joe had expressed concerns about Zac then we would be looking for a new head coach

The long term fans have every right to question the FO's decision. But do we really have the right to question the integrity of Joe Burrow to satisfy our own ego?

Nice to see a fan step and defend Joe B.

The reality for the team is we need a lot better coaching, but we also need to catch a break once in awhile. The injury bug killed us again as our #1 pick from 2020 and overall goes down, our 2019 #1 pick goes down (again) during the season, our top free agents either never played like Waynes or played very little (Reader), Dunlap did not pan out, Geno played hurt when he played. Green, well AJ was not close to the AJ of the past so huge mistake made franchising him (on the FO and not the HC).

I have been critical if ZT, but he did have them playing hard (until week 17 or was that due to talent levels as we were decimated with injury). How many games do we win if Joe B. is healthy) and some of the key players and FA's signed played all year? We will never know, we do know we need a lot more depth, in some cases more talent so our starters become the back ups so as injuries do occur, we have bck ups who ca n step in. 

If you are MB and the FO, it appears they are taking the blame off ZT due to their decisions and due to injury. Now, we will judge the off season again and see if the FO is aggressive (again) in FA and how well they draft.

A new year should bring new hope, I get why it won't for a vast majority of the fans, but if Joe B. is optimistic of the coaches and the FO, then I will trust the man leading this team in the locker room and on the field. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 05:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The long term fans have every right to question the FO's decision. But do we really have the right to question the integrity of Joe Burrow to satisfy our own ego?

I think we realize it's just rah-rah words.  Good for Burrow, but to think the guy is being anything but diplomatic here is a bit of a stretch.  I mean, if Burrow couldn't be more excited for 2021 with ZT and ZT continues to suck as a coach are we going to start to wonder if Burrow is a moron for believing in him?

Burrow couldn't be more excited that we are keeping a 6-25-1 head coach?  If I believed he was being 100% sincere I'd actually be worried he's brain damaged. Another losing season from ZT and I guess we're going to turn on Burrow for being such a big fan of the guy? Ehh, I don't see it.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: As much of a fact as they are getting him.

I suspect if Burrow asked Taylor who they were leading toward taking if Sewell is gone, Taylor would tell him. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 06:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I suspect if Burrow asked Taylor who they were leading toward taking if Sewell is gone, Taylor would tell him. 

They don't have a clue how the college players will be ranked yet.

Every year the players rankings from January change dramatically by the time the draft rolls around.
Reply/Quote
Burrow as a new employee is just towing the company line. I mean if the FO would have terminated Taylor this morning Joe would've tweeted something like,"I look forward to working with the new coaching staff and bringing winning football back to the city and the fans."
Reply/Quote