Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow just tweeted...
Burrow is a class act. If he gets bunglized, I will lose all hope in this organization ever being able to turn it around. This is their chance to make things right. These next 2-3 years could determine how long this franchise lasts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 06:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They don't have a clue how the college players will be ranked yet.

Every year the players rankings from January change dramatically by the time the draft rolls around.

That's true, but I guarantee you that right now they have a board and know which way they are leaning, barring unforeseen changes. Just like last year I guarantee they knew they were taking Burrow #1
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 05:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think we realize it's just rah-rah words.  Good for Burrow, but to think the guy is being anything but diplomatic here is a bit of a stretch.  I mean, if Burrow couldn't be more excited for 2021 with ZT and ZT continues to suck as a coach are we going to start to wonder if Burrow is a moron for believing in him?

Burrow couldn't be more excited that we are keeping a 6-25-1 head coach?  If I believed he was being 100% sincere I'd actually be worried he's brain damaged.  Another losing season from ZT and I guess we're going to turn on Burrow for being such a big fan of the guy?  Ehh, I don't see it.

Have you ever heard the expression, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Joe B. was not being interviewed and put on the spot by media, he chose to send a positive tweet. If he does not feel that way, simple, just don't send a tweet and say nothing at all.

Your logic goes out the window because it was offered up by Joe B. without the pressure to do so.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 08:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Have you ever heard the expression, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Joe B. was not being interviewed and put on the spot by media, he chose to send a positive tweet. If he does not feel that way, simple, just don't send a tweet and say nothing at all.

Your logic goes out the window because it was offered up by Joe B. without the pressure to do so.

First, you and I don't know whether he was asked by the team to send a positive statement or not.  Second, I think the kid is just itching to get back out there and wants to comment that he's stoked for next year.  It could be that he loves Zac.  But since when does a rookie QB have the kinda pull either way that it matters?  And again, why are people so desperate to find a reason to be excited about Zac that they have to pull these tweets as some ultimate example?  I just sent an email today to my team saying I hope that they had great holidays, are recharged and I'm excited to kick off new projects in 2021 with them, even though some of them are on the verge of losing their jobs because of poor performance.  Sometimes being a leader means saying the right things and being supportive, even if your heart isn't fully in it. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 08:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Have you ever heard the expression, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Burrow is 2-7-1 as a starter in the NFL.  It's nice that he's being so PC about his employer, but ZT was a loser before Burrow got here so hopefully the W's start piling up before the excitement wears off. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:07 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Well I guess the franchise QB is happy Zac is coming back.
We just have to hope he sees something that we do not see.

Hope ?? I would say he does...
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:55 PM)Destro Wrote: Yup. It is what a mature QB does. Keep the same positive talking points. Only a player with either absolute clout or a massive D-bag go against the coaches, and Burrow is none of those. What would people think/act if he trashed the guy?

^This

And have we all forgotten that he comes from a family that was immersed in coaching?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Brady and Bellichick are the most successful HC/QB combo and they seemed to hate each other.
Reply/Quote
Hope they don't have him on too much oxycodone Ninja

Reply/Quote
What else would you expect Burrow to say? He said the right things.Says what he knows fans,and especially the franchise really want to hear.He doesn’t want to stir the pot.Probably the most prudent thing for him to do at this point,whether he really has confidence in this franchise or not.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 09:53 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: What else would you expect Burrow to say? He said the right things.Says what he knows fans,and especially the franchise really want to hear.He doesn’t want to stir the pot.Probably the most prudent thing for him to do at this point,whether he really has confidence in this franchise or not.

Plus Zac is giving him awesome piggy back rides!

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=9568137]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Burrow, unprompted tweets: we have great people at the top
Fans: of course he's going to say that, doesn't mean he believes it, he's just staying positive etc etc

Zac, put on the spot in a press conference when asked about the staff: the staff are doing a great job, I've great confidence in them
Fans: what the hell, how can he say that? etc etc
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 04:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ah “wait till next year!” The Bengals way. I’m not holding my breath Zac Taylor can get us out of the AFC North basement. He’s far and away the worst coach in the division.

nope.  last offseason was a start, ill give them a chance to back it up with another.
Reply/Quote
Translation:

We got rid of that shit Oline coach, so things will be looking up once I'm back on the field!
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 10:02 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Burrow, unprompted tweets: we have great people at the top
Fans: of course he's going to say that, doesn't mean he believes it, he's just staying positive etc etc

Zac, put on the spot in a press conference when asked about the staff: the staff are doing a great job, I've great confidence in them
Fans: what the hell, how can he say that? etc etc

I don't see it that way at all.  I think both Burrow and Taylor are saying the right things because they're both professionals not looking to cause friction for the sake of friction.  Burrow was a rookie this year, just trying to get himself established.  Taylor is on the hot-seat and doesn't want to burn bridges around the league.  Both of them will be completely professional.  I wouldn't expect either of them to bash the org in any way.  

That said, I especially wouldn't blame Taylor for standing up to the guys HE picked to help him out. 
Reply/Quote
I just find it totally laughable how people on here project their feelings onto Burrow instead of just taking what he says at face value.... "He couldn't possibly like Taylor, because I don't like Taylor" It's funny, the last impression I get of Burrow is that he is someone who won't say exactly what he means.....
Reply/Quote
What is Burrow going to say? I bet he's just making the best of what he's been dealt. He's going to be a great player and has a great attitude.

Plus he spoke with Carson Palmer and was advised not to speak his mind because it will only make matters worse in Cincinnati. Ninja
Reply/Quote
Burrow also finally changed his Twitter pic from LSU Joe to Cincy Joe...

He’s either super excited about the Zac Taylor era continuing, or the FO made some requests...

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow also finally changed his Twitter pic from LSU Joe to Cincy Joe...

He’s either super excited about the Zac Taylor era continuing, or the FO made some requests...

...or the pain meds are having a weird effect.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:31 PM)GodFather Wrote: What is Burrow going to say?  I bet he's just making the best of what he's been dealt. He's going to be a great player and has a great attitude.

Plus he spoke with Carson Palmer and was advised not to speak his mind because it will only make matters worse in Cincinnati. Ninja

Nothing sine noone asked him to say anything if he does not like ZT.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote