Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
Burrow out monday......
(09-25-2023, 07:58 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I disagree with that statement!

Maybe. My gut says he shouldn't play tonight and I hope I get roasted for saying it after the game. For obvious reasons.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Joey B!

Joe Always fun to get a Bengals win.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 12:37 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Joey B!

Joe Always fun to get a Bengals win.

Hey, he toughed it out. That one INT was just a great play by the Defender, he will get better as the year goes on just like last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 01:00 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey, he toughed it out. That one INT was just a great play by the Defender, he will get better as the year goes on just like last year.

He's probably not even playing aymt 75% either... Most QB wouldn't even of played
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 01:01 AM)Tony Wrote: He's probably not even playing at 75% either... Most QB wouldn't even of played

True, doesn't surprise me either. Joe Burrow is all about ball, just the way he is and just the way I want my QB to be.
Reply/Quote
Let’s be honest the first half he was terrible and only marginally better in the second half when Chase came alive.

Higgins was somehow even worse contract sitting in the back of his mind maybe?

Burrow however deserves massive credit going out for 4 quarters against Donald daunting task even when fully healthy.

He’s going to play hurt now the entire season that’s just how it is when he figures out what he can and can’t do while we keep sneaking wins we may not be out of this yet.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 01:19 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Let’s be honest the first half he was terrible and only marginally better in the second half when Chase came alive.

Burrow however deserves massive credit going out for 4 quarters against Donald daunting task even when fully healthy.

He’s going to play hurt now the entire season that’s just how it is when he figures out what he can and can’t do while we keep sneaking wins we may not be out of this yet.

Burrow played like crap.  Almost all game he threw short 5 yard patterns and check downs.  He did connect on a couple of long throws but he was way off on most throws 10 yards and over.  The only reason we won this game was because of defense.  You cant expect the defense to play like this every single week while the offense struggles to score TDs.  The offense has managed to score just 2 TDs in 3 games.  Burrow has to play a lot better.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 01:19 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Let’s be honest the first half he was terrible and only marginally better in the second half when Chase came alive.

The telling play that really shows the limitations of Burrow was after sack before half, he is unable to run hurry up and eats clock spikes ball and we have to kick long FG, glad we played a solo rams team at home.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 01:33 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Burrow played like crap.  Almost all game he threw short 5 yard patterns and check downs.  He did connect on a couple of long throws but he was way off on most throws 10 yards and over.  The only reason we won this game was because of defense.  You cant expect the defense to play like this every single week while the offense struggles to score TDs.  The offense has managed to score just 2 TDs in 3 games.  Burrow has to play a lot better.

(09-26-2023, 01:38 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The telling play that really shows the limitations of Burrow was after sack before half, he is unable to run hurry up and eats clock spikes ball and we have to kick long FG, glad we played a solo rams team at home.

Went from being out for the next 4 games on here to playing like crap. Hey guys, he will get better as he heals. It won't be easy and 
we shouldn't want it to be easy. Burrow didn't tweak the calf again which is also great news. Chase is looking like himself, Logan just 
continues to grow as a player after a 4 year extension, Trey is still a stud rusher after a 1 year extension, Dax is growing into his self...

Things are looking up after this win.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 01:58 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Went from being out for the next 4 games on here to playing like crap. Hey guys, he will get better as he heals. It won't be easy and 
we shouldn't want it to be easy. Burrow didn't tweak the calf again which is also great news. Chase is looking like himself, Logan just 
continues to grow as a player after a 4 year extension, Trey is still a stud rusher after a 1 year extension, Dax is growing into his self...

Things are looking up after this win.

The 3 game stretch before the bye is far from brutal to me as well so hopefully we walk into the bye looking good.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 02:01 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: The 3 game stretch before the bye is far from brutal to me as well so hopefully we walk into the bye looking good.

No doubt brother, it is looking up. Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 01:33 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The offense has managed to score just 2 TDs in 3 games.  Burrow has to play a lot better.

Let me correct myself. It's 3 TDs in 3 games. The offense has to do a better job than they have done so far.
Reply/Quote
Well this thread aged poorly. Just another wrong prediction.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 01:37 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Let me correct myself.  It's 3 TDs in 3 games.  The offense has to do a better job than they have done so far.

They will, I could see us equaling that in the next game against the Titans. We are just starting to find our groove on Offense 
and Burrow didn't tweak the calf this game. He should be much better next week as should be the entire Offense.

(09-26-2023, 02:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well this thread aged poorly. Just another wrong prediction.

Happens with the negative people that don't pay attention to what is going on. It was an 0-2 start last year before we went 
on a run, it is going to happen again. This team just needed to get this one off their backs so we can start to roll. Sucks that
Burrow always has a rough start to the year, but it doesn't matter how you start, it matters how you finish.
Reply/Quote
We did find out some news last night. Burrow has had a number of setbacks in his recovery and that was something notable to hear given all the discussions about him missing games to start the season and how this injury has lingered. This year just isn't our year, and wins like last night, while no one is going to complain about it, wasn't anything to think they've turned the page.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 02:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: We did find out some news last night. Burrow has had a number of setbacks in his recovery and that was something notable to hear given all the discussions about him missing games to start the season and how this injury has lingered. This year just isn't our year, and wins like last night, while no one is going to complain about it, wasn't anything to think they've turned the page.

This stretch of the season is going to be ugly. If he continues to heal, they will only get better. If he has setbacks then, yes the season likely will be over. But Burrow is going to go down swinging. They are searching for a new identity right now, and I wouldn’t put it past them to find it.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 03:34 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: This stretch of the season is going to be ugly. If he continues to heal, they will only get better. If he has setbacks then, yes the season likely will be over. But Burrow is going to go down swinging. They are searching for a new identity right now, and I wouldn’t put it past them to find it.

So Tenn, Arizona, Seattle coming up. Then, Bye 49ers, Bills, Texans.

Tenn is 1-2. Should beat them.
Arizona is 1-2. Just beat Dallas. Should beat them.
Seattle is 2-2. Tough game.

Got to win 2 out of 3 of these...and maybe all 3.

49ers and Bills...we could win, but I think safe to pencil in losses.
Texans should be a W.

But, we got to come out of this stretch of games no worse than 4-5. But likely 5-4.

From 4-5, we'd need a 6-2 finish to make playoffs.
From 5-4, we'd need a 5-3 finish to make the playoffs.
@KC is the tough game on that stretch. But, 2 Pittsburgh games, Balt, Clev, @Jax.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 02:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: We did find out some news last night. Burrow has had a number of setbacks in his recovery and that was something notable to hear given all the discussions about him missing games to start the season and how this injury has lingered. This year just isn't our year, and wins like last night, while no one is going to complain about it, wasn't anything to think they've turned the page.

He has had ***0*** setbacks in anything related to the calf: did you watch a single interview or anything, in the past week+?

He re-aggravated the injury last week.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 04:21 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He has had ***0*** setbacks in anything related to the calf: did you watch a single interview or anything, in the past week+?

He re-aggravated the injury last week.

THe BEngals have played with a limited playbook to protect Burrow. This is fact.

Do you just look for posts to downvote from your chair, looking like Randall from Recess?
Reply/Quote