Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow's first 2 games: 'making his own mark in the NFL'
'There aren't many quarterbacks that have started their career as Joe Burrow has through his first two games. Sure the Cincinnati Bengals are 0-2, but that's not the fault of Burrow -- not even close. Burrow had a historic game for the Bengals in his primetime debut, showcasing why he is the franchise quarterback and living up to the reputation of the No. 1 overall pick. Burrow finished 37 of 61 for 316 yards with three touchdowns and zero interceptions in the Bengals' 35-30 defeat to the Cleveland Browns Thursday night, but that's just the beginning of the historic night for the rookie quarterback. 

Burrow became the first rookie quarterback in NFL history to throw 60+ passes in a game and have zero interceptions and just the 10th quarterback ever to accomplish the feat -- joining the likes of Ben Roethlisberger (who actually did it twice), Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck. He's just the fourth quarterback on the elite list to throw for three touchdowns.

Burrow is just one of 11 quarterbacks in league history to throw for three touchdowns and rush for one touchdown in his first two career games, and the eighth quarterback to accomplish the feat since the merger. 

This is all with no preseason, no offseason minicamp, and a limited training camp.

The Bengals have a bright future ahead of them, even though the record doesn't indicate as such. Burrow is living up to the hype that has surrounded him since he rewrote the record books at LSU last year. And now he is making his own mark in the NFL.'

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/joe-burrow-may-not-be-satisfied-after-historic-first-two-games-but-the-numbers-speak-for-themselves/
Reply/Quote
Oh look, a bright spot! LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: 'There aren't many quarterbacks that have started their career as Joe Burrow has through his first two games. Sure the Cincinnati Bengals are 0-2, but that's not the fault of Burrow -- not even close. Burrow had a historic game for the Bengals in his primetime debut, showcasing why he is the franchise quarterback and living up to the reputation of the No. 1 overall pick. Burrow finished 37 of 61 for 316 yards with three touchdowns and zero interceptions in the Bengals' 35-30 defeat to the Cleveland Browns Thursday night, but that's just the beginning of the historic night for the rookie quarterback. 

Burrow became the first rookie quarterback in NFL history to throw 60+ passes in a game and have zero interceptions and just the 10th quarterback ever to accomplish the feat -- joining the likes of Ben Roethlisberger (who actually did it twice), Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck. He's just the fourth quarterback on the elite list to throw for three touchdowns.

Burrow is just one of 11 quarterbacks in league history to throw for three touchdowns and rush for one touchdown in his first two career games, and the eighth quarterback to accomplish the feat since the merger. 

This is all with no preseason, no offseason minicamp, and a limited training camp. And without an effective Offensive Line

The Bengals have a bright future ahead of them, even though the record doesn't indicate as such. Burrow is living up to the hype that has surrounded him since he rewrote the record books at LSU last year. And now he is making his own mark in the NFL.'

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/joe-burrow-may-not-be-satisfied-after-historic-first-two-games-but-the-numbers-speak-for-themselves/
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: Oh look, a bright spot! LOL

Quick, someone get the carpet cleaner!!  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Love what I've seen with Burrow so far. I wasn't even getting angry for some of the mistakes he made because I chock it up to learning. We know he's a rook and will make these mistakes. He's going to be great.

Reply/Quote
Throw money at the offensive line. I'm BEGGING them.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Burrow has 509 yards, 3 pass TDs, 1 rush TD, 1 INT through 2 games.

If he maintains that through rest of year, we're looking at 4072 yards, 24 pass TDs, 8 rush TDs, 8 INTs at the end of the season.
That would be pretty solid for a rookie.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Love what I've seen with Burrow so far. I wasn't even getting angry for some of the mistakes he made because I chock it up to learning. We know he's a rook and will make these mistakes. He's going to be great.

I was a Dalton defender, but man, I gotta say it was nice to see someone with the capabilities of keeping plays alive when the pocket breaks down.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
'You know what I love about Burrow, among many things? 
He's had the crap beaten out of him and he just keeps getting up and saying, '*@#% it. Let's go.'

- Lance McAlister
Reply/Quote
We got ourselves a good one here.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: 'You know what I love about Burrow, among many things? 
He's had the crap beaten out of him and he just keeps getting up and saying, '*@#% it. Let's go.'

- Lance McAlister

He said in his post game that he likes getting hit, it makes him feel like he's playing football. Well Joe, you're gonna love playing here....
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Burrow has 509 yards, 3 pass TDs, 1 rush TD, 1 INT through 2 games.

If he maintains that through rest of year, we're looking at 4072 yards, 24 pass TDs, 8 rush TDs, 8 INTs at the end of the season.

I just hope he lives long enough to finish the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He said in his post game that he likes getting hit, it makes him feel like he's playing football. Well Joe, you're gonna love playing here....

LOL

I don't think he wants to be hit that much?

Reply/Quote
I could not be more impressed with Burrow. He has made a few rookie mistakes(Ingram int, trying time spin move that LB last night lolll), but he has made so many throws where the ball placement had to be perfect. He keeps plays alive, he doesn’t just crumple in the pocket. I am so excited for the future. If we can get any form of offensive line we would have so much potential. We’ve been in both of these games and burrow has lived up to the hype so far for me. Things are finally looking up for us in Bengaldom.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:30 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I was a Dalton defender, but man, I gotta say it was nice to see someone with the capabilities of keeping plays alive when the pocket breaks down.

It’s impressive. He put together a few methodical drives yesterday that I feel would have been 3 and outs with the previous man at QB. Sometimes a scramble on 3rd or a rollout throw is all it takes to get things going.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:50 PM)rezolve11 Wrote: I could not be more impressed with Burrow. He has made a few rookie mistakes(Ingram int, trying time spin move that LB last night lolll), but he has made so many throws where the ball placement had to be perfect. He keeps plays alive, he doesn’t just crumple in the pocket. I am so excited for the future. If we can get any form of offensive line we would have so much potential. We’ve been in both of these games and burrow has lived up to the hype so far for me. Things are finally looking up for us in Bengaldom.

Imagine how he'd be with an OL and a defense that could tackle.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Pretty much sums up what Burrow's dealing with right now (an insane 19 pressures per game average Mellow):

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Burrow has 509 yards, 3 pass TDs, 1 rush TD, 1 INT through 2 games.

Indeed, that would be a very nice rookie campaign. Especially behind this line. I'd be very optimistic about his future if he pulled that off.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: Indeed, that would be a very nice rookie campaign. Especially behind this line. I'd be very optimistic about his future if he pulled that off.

It would be one of the best rookie campaigns in history.
24 TDs would be just short of the NFL rookie record set by Mayfield at 27. Peyton Manning had the record prior, of which he had 26 TDs.
4000+ yards would surpass both Mayfield and Manning for yards as a rookie. 4000+ would put Burrow with Cam Newton and Andrew Luck (current record holder for yards as a rookie at 4374).
Single-digit INTs would be incredible. Mayfield had 14 his rookie year, Peyton had 28(!)
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It would be one of the best rookie campaigns in history.
24 TDs would be just short of the NFL rookie record set by Mayfield at 27. Peyton Manning had the record prior, of which he had 26 TDs.
4000+ yards would surpass both Mayfield and Manning for yards as a rookie. 4000+ would put Burrow with Cam Newton and Andrew Luck (current record holder for yards as a rookie at 4374).
Single-digit INTs would be incredible. Mayfield had 14 his rookie year, Peyton had 28(!)

Wow.... that's even rarer air than I initially thought. I'm old enough to remember Peyton's rookie year, he sure served up a bunch of picks, but that team was maybe worse than ours. 

Reply/Quote