Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrow terrible down the field
i believe he is 2 for 20 over 20 yds. throw... worst within the 32 teams.. Sad
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-04-2020, 07:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: i believe he is 1 for 20 over 20 yds. throw... worst within the 32 teams.. Sad

Doesn’t help when you wide receivers are dropping perfectly good balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
(10-04-2020, 07:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: i believe he is 1 for 20 over 20 yds. throw... worst within the 32 teams.. Sad

Yeah he hasn't been connecting down field but other than that he has been awesome. Honestly the guy has been terrific for us.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
(10-04-2020, 07:07 PM)J24 Wrote: Yeah he hasn't been connecting down field but other than that he has been awesome. Honestly the guy has been terrific for us.
I will agree i love his short passing but to be elite he got to make throws down the field... if not he is just a solid QB like many others not a franchise qb but he is rookie so has time to move the bar
I think a big part of it has been the pressure and lack of running game. Also the WR's dropping balls and the lack of AJ Green playing at a high level. The deep passes will come, but as it is now, he's putting up over 300 yards per game so I see no reason to worry.
It also helps to have more than 3 seconds to throw it. This is the first game he's had any kind of protection to speak of and he went 'deep' 7 times.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
He's missed a few throws sure... but I've seen plenty in this game alone against the Jags where the WR's are dropping the dang ball
[Image: 1500x500]
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=3953797]

(10-04-2020, 07:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: i believe he is 2 for 20 over 20 yds. throw... worst within the 32 teams.. Sad

I don't know man.  He threw 2 really well placed deep strikes, one to Higgins and the other to AJ.  If it were a game between two premier teams, I think that DPI could have easily been called on either or both of those plays.  Seeing it was a game between two bottom teams, I think they chose to hold the flags.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-04-2020, 07:18 PM)QueenCity Wrote: He's missed a few throws sure... but I've seen plenty in this game alone against the Jags where the WR's are dropping the dang ball

Tee Higgins hands worry me way more than Joe Burrow’s arm, that’s for damn sure.

The first deep pass to AJ was a perfect throw... if AJ wasn’t nursing a hammy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I remember this being a real bone of contention with a certain other QB. So it's funny to watch people justify it now. Cool

In all seriousness though, Burrow will be fine. It's probably no coincidence that we're also bottom of the league in protecting the QB who isn't completing deep throws. Deep throws take time to develop. Wake me when we're actually giving him time and he still struggles for a significant period of time.

Also, as others have pointed out, we've dropped a few...and deep throws are never high % anyway. Even the best only complete roughly 30%. Give Burrow a couple that were dropped and he'd be at 20% which is actually quite normal.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
He had 2 today that were just blatant drops by his receivers.
Everything in this post is my fault.
....... is this really a discussion right now?
(10-04-2020, 07:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I remember this being a real bone of contention with a certain other QB. So it's funny to watch people justify it now. Cool

In all seriousness though, Burrow will be fine. It's probably no coincidence that we're also bottom of the league in protecting the QB who isn't completing deep throws. Deep throws take time to develop. Wake me when we're actually giving him time and he still struggles for a significant period of time.

Also, as others have pointed out, we've dropped a few...and deep throws are never high % anyway. Even the best only complete roughly 30%. Give Burrow a couple that were dropped and he'd be at 20% which is actually quite normal.

LOL okay.... Dalton couldn't get his eyes off Green if he tried. 

This has everything to do with drops and the O-Line nothing else. 

Dalton career was made by Green he was never a franchise QB like Burrow has shown in 4 games.
(10-04-2020, 07:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: i believe he is 2 for 20 over 20 yds. throw... worst within the 32 teams.. Sad

I'm not sure what people expect.  Our WR group lacks speed and the ability to generate separation.  We have terrible personnel for trying to push the ball down the field in the air with chunk plays.  Even in the short-intermediate area, Burrow is squeezing a ton of throws in to well covered receivers.  The guy can only carry this WR group so far.  
(10-04-2020, 07:38 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: ....... is this really a discussion right w
yep
(10-04-2020, 07:38 PM)QueenCity Wrote: LOL okay.... Dalton couldn't get his eyes off Green if he tried. 

This has everything to do with drops and the O-Line nothing else. 

Dalton career was made by Green he was never a franchise QB like Burrow has shown in 4 games.

You're arguing against things I didn't say. Stop being so sensitive.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(10-04-2020, 07:32 PM)Big Boss Wrote: He had 2 today that were just blatant drops by his receivers.

Which two plays?  Can you pinpoint them for me, I'd like to look at them again.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-04-2020, 07:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You're arguing against things I didn't say. Stop being so sensitive.

Were you referencing another QB? Kitna, Fitz, McCarron, Palmer? I just assumed Dalton.