Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrow terrible down the field
(10-12-2020, 03:58 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Can't throw it deep when the WRs haven't even had enough time to get into their routes.

Just like Carson. Just like Andy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-12-2020, 02:48 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: What's more alarming his internal clock is already starting to get wear and tear. And the internal clock is his best attribute

His internal clock was broke yesterday. He felt the pressure pass him cause he stepped up, yet still held the ball as if they just stopped behind him (must be used to the Bengals de's). 

He's overthrowing deep balls not underthrowing them So that's good. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
The team needs to sell out getting O-line. Biggest shortfall on the team. I don't care if we bring back Adam "Inmate 599834" Jones at corner, and get free agent LBs from community college, at this point.

Wrecking Burrow physically, and possibly mentally, before the team is built up, is negligence. I'll lose games 45-52 for a year, and like it, if Burrow remains clean.

"But AJ is done and Ross will be gone. Need to get receivers. The D-line is aging, too. Have to pick up some defenders" ...I don't care. Can get that in 2022. Lose Burrow, it is full on collapse.
(10-12-2020, 06:20 PM)Destro Wrote: The team needs to sell out getting O-line. Biggest shortfall on the team. I don't care if we bring back Adam "Inmate 599834" Jones at corner, and get free agent LBs from community college, at this point.

Wrecking Burrow physically, and possibly mentally, before the team is built up, is negligence. I'll lose games 45-52 for a year, and like it, if Burrow remains clean.

"But AJ is done and Ross will be gone. Need to get receivers. The D-line is aging, too. Have to pick up some defenders" ...I don't care.  Can get that in 2022. Lose Burrow, it is full on collapse.

What happen to Burrow is tough cam handle anything.. seems like we are setting g up failure in the future.  Burrow needs to get rid of ball more to help avoid hits and we need to run ball more and throw less to help him
(10-12-2020, 06:47 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: What happen to Burrow is tough cam handle anything.. seems like we are setting g up failure in the future.  Burrow needs to get rid of ball more to help avoid hits and we need to run ball more and throw less to help him

Don't you know? Burrow can go O for 20 with 5 picks and its all the line and receivers fault. Burrow has been decent as a rookie but if this is his ceiling though we are screwed.
(10-12-2020, 06:51 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Don't you know? Burrow can go O for 20 with 5 picks and its all the line and receivers fault. Burrow has been decent as a rookie but if this is his ceiling though we are screwed.

If what’s his ceiling? Constantly throwing 300+ yds, multiple TD’s, and very few picks?

But honestly even worrying about a QB’s ceiling after their 5th game is ridiculous.

(10-12-2020, 06:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If what’s his ceiling? Constantly throwing 300+ yds, multiple TD’s, and very few picks?

But honestly even worrying about a QB’s ceiling after their 5th game is ridiculous.

No it's not. Really hard to judge though because Taylor has continued to be awful
(10-12-2020, 06:51 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Don't you know? Burrow can go O for 20 with 5 picks and its all the line and receivers fault. Burrow has been decent as a rookie but if this is his ceiling though we are screwed.

You're just being silly. 
(10-12-2020, 05:36 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Just like Carson.  Just like Andy.

I think I understand what you are getting at, but I'm having a little trouble digesting it. Both AD and Carson played with much better offensive lines for the majority of their time here. 

Regardless of who the QB is (Montana,Brady, Mahomes), they still need time for the receivers to run their routes. They still need time to make more than one read. The team's current o-lineman can't hold a candle to some of the guys that Carson or Andy had blocking for them. 

The play caller never made the right adjustments. I mean, he tried a few times, but didn't do nearly well enough. Nothing about that offensive performance was salvageable.
(10-12-2020, 08:37 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I think I understand what you are getting at, but I'm having a little trouble digesting it. Both AD and Carson played with much better offensive lines for the majority of their time here. 

Regardless of who the QB is (Montana,Brady, Mahomes), they still need time for the receivers to run their routes. They still need time to make more than one read. The team's current o-lineman can't hold a candle to some of the guys that Carson or Andy had blocking for them

The play caller never made the right adjustments. I mean, he tried a few times, but didn't do nearly well enough. Nothing about that offensive performance was salvageable.

Yep. Maybe Jonah gets there eventually but right now there’s no one on the level of a Whit or Big Willie.

Plus Palmer had prime Chad, and Dalton had prime AJ. Boyd is a really good receiver, but he’s not stretching the field like those guys could. Especially Chad.

Burrow will probably never throw as good a deep ball as Palmer either. And that’s ok.

(10-12-2020, 08:37 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I think I understand what you are getting at, but I'm having a little trouble digesting it. Both AD and Carson played with much better offensive lines for the majority of their time here. 

No question. I was referring to the times Andy and Carson got beat up in three seconds and people wondered why they didn’t throw deep.
(10-12-2020, 02:28 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If a QB cant throw deep accurately running game is faced with 8 in the box and the opposing D will continually blitz. What happened Sunday?

If a team can't establish a solid running game, a QB will never have the opportunity to set up for a strong throw..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-12-2020, 08:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If a team can't establish a solid running game, a QB will never have the opportunity to set up for a strong throw..

That’s right. The best analogy is trying to hit a golf ball or serve a tennis ball while standing on a sheet of ice. You can’t get your feet set.
Not trying to start anything but speaking of deep downfield is anyone tonight's game?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-12-2020, 10:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not trying to start anything but speaking of deep downfield is anyone watching tonight's game?

I’m going to turn it on after the lovely Mrs. FiK and my last FiK offspring left at home go to bed. I’ll crack open a room temperature Java Man Cometh from the Dayton Beer Company and watch Drew Brees. I think he might be the model player for Joe Burrow. All Joe needs is better pass protection and he’ll be able to pass like Drew.
(10-12-2020, 10:13 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m going to turn it on after the lovely Mrs. FiK and my last FiK offspring left at home go to bed. I’ll crack open a room temperature Java Man Cometh from the Dayton Brew Company and watch Drew Brees. I think he might be the model player for Joe Burrow. All Joe needs is better pass protection and he’ll be able to pass like Drew.

I have a feeling the other guy is the one hitting deep balls...

Herbert certainly has the arm. It was everything else that were question marks. But he has been impressive so far. Not impressive enough to make me regret taking Burrow though.

(10-12-2020, 10:13 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m going to turn it on after the lovely Mrs. FiK and my last FiK offspring left at home go to bed.  I’ll crack open a room temperature Java Man Cometh from the Dayton Brew Company and watch Drew Brees.  I think he might be the model player for Joe Burrow.  All Joe needs is better pass protection and he’ll be able to pass like Drew.

Hopefully not the Drew that's playing tonight...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(10-12-2020, 10:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hopefully not the Drew that's playing tonight...

...and I’m not watching the game after all. My daughter discovered “Dance Moms” on Hulu so unfortunately that’s what’s on. On the other hand, Abby Lee Miller might be a decent offensive line coach. Is she out of jail yet?
(10-12-2020, 10:28 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...and I’m not watching the game after all.  My daughter discovered “Dance Moms” on Hulu so unfortunately that’s what’s on.  On the other hand, Abby Lee Miller might be a decent offensive line coach.  Is she out of jail yet?

Good news and bad news. She's out of jail but she has a type of cancer that has now made her unable to walk unassisted.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
I'll bet Essex is harder than a diamond in a snowstorm watching Justin Herbert tonight in the first half.