Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
But... What if we beat KC next week?
It's been three entire games plus since the last Burrow pick. Something like 115 pass attempts without an INT. Nice!

Ultimately Zac is going to have to let Joe be Joe for the Bengals to really be able to win this. He can't take the ball out of his hands even if Mixon is running well. Let Joe decide when to run (play selection at the line). It's time to start transitioning the offense to one where Burrow calls the plays in the huddle/at the line.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 07:42 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: I get it but unless the game is flexed and the Broncos win prior to our game starting, I would be against it personally.  I figure if the 1 seed is ours with a win they'd let the players decide.  If there's any doubt, I don't think you let them make the final say on it.

I am the same way Savage. Love seeing you back on here and posting a bit too brother.

Some of the old posters just come on for a bit and disappear, hope that is not the case with you and M.W. Cool
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 09:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: According to the pundits, winning games they shouldn't then losing games they should is just a sign of a team being young and learning to play together. This is, in fact, a very young team. They should have zero problem being up for this game though, with KC being one of the top teams and the Division title within grasp. 

No doubt, and that is just a part of what I love about it.

Looking back before the season, the most optimistic of us said that if they got off to a good start, the youthful team could start believing in itself (check).

We believed that if Burrow could get back to 100%, the team could start averaging close to 30 points per game (check).

We said that they might be able to steal a win or two against there division foes and, if they were really lucky, split with their division (check, plus, plus, plus, plus).

Then, adversity hits....

After three consecutive road games, the defense has a let down up 11 points in the fourth quarter to the Jets.  Horrible loss.  The hangover from the three road games continues and they lose a bad game to the Browns.  Six and four at the bye with a lot of questions.  Was it just a mirage?  Can this team handle the adversity?

Yes, apparently they can.  Four and two since the bye, first place in the AFC North.  

Just to make sure they were tested again, a rash of turnovers and two consecutive home losses put them back in the picture of doubt again.  Still, they answer.  A road win against Denver and an epic beat down of a depleted, but desperate Ravens team.

Now, the biggest test of the year.  Win and you win the AFC North.  The #1 seed KC Chiefs.  Like you said, there is no doubt they will be up for this game.  And I am sure ZT will be pulling out all stops for this one. 

If they can play a clean game with no turnovers, I think they pull the upset.  

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 03:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We need our front to play well and we need to tackle on the back end as the Chiefs playmakers are the best at YAC.

Too bad Pratt is on the covid list now, but Logan might play, he is practicing today which brightens everything up to me.

Logan is our best LB, just hope he is close to 100% if he does play. We need Flowers to play a great game against Kelce and
just hold him to no TD's, he will get his but this is key. Making the Chiefs kick FG's, if we keep them under 30 I think we can 
beat them if Burrow and our OL have a good game. Need to run it on these guys, think we can.

Yeah, I just heard about Pratt.  That sucks.  And you are right about Flowers.  I know they have made plenty of mistakes over the years with personnel, but this front office deserves a ton of credit for being on top of getting guys like Bachie, Flowers, Apple, etc. and a number of moves that kind of were overlooked that have ended up being huge for this team as injuries pile up.  
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 05:32 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: We need to win.  The chiefs can be taken.  And I really really want no part of a winner take all game in Cleveland.

A loss to the stains in that scenario is not something I wanna experience.  Gross.

And IF we pull it off, I assume we'll be resting starters.  I don't think exposing burrow to a front like the browns have is worth it when the chiefs will prolly beat the Broncos anyway.

Maybe if the game got flexed and we got to see the Broncos pull an upset before our game starts.  But even then, even if ya win the game but burrow gets even nicked up and can play but is hobbled....was the juice worth that squeeze???

I say no.  I say regardless, if ya clinch, ya take your home game and tell burrow to wave mockingly at miles Garrett from the sideline.

It is a fair point, but consider this:  If the Bengals rest their starters and give away a win to the Browns, the Chiefs not only get the bye, but they get to rest their starters against Denver.  I understand that the Titans could be a minor nuisance in this picture, but I actually think the Dolphins beat them this week.

The Titans have been one of the most difficult teams to figure out.  Tannehill has been running a lot more as a QB, and he is a good athlete.  He isn't exactly sliding down and avoiding shots, either.  He is playing to win.  I don't love that team, but I have to give them credit for playing very hard.  
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 10:26 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The Chargers & Browns were big games & we shat the bed.  Heck, we shat bed vs Jacksonville for a half (national TV) and vs SF.  

We played well but lost vs GB, and won the first Ravens game in style.  

The Ravens & Brincos were decimated when we played them, I do not count those for much.  Big Ben is washed so I don't count the Steelers games as big ones. Perhaps the Raiders win, though. 

Nice for you to not count the wins against NFL teams...even when on the road.  

Maybe we can petition the league to take the L's off the Bengals record last season because they were without so many of their weapons.  

Sick
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 09:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Nice for you to not count the wins against NFL teams...even when on the road.  

Maybe we can petition the league to take the L's off the Bengals record last season because they were without so many of their weapons.  

Sick

Too funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 09:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, I just heard about Pratt.  That sucks.  And you are right about Flowers.  I know they have made plenty of mistakes over the years with personnel, but this front office deserves a ton of credit for being on top of getting guys like Bachie, Flowers, Apple, etc. and a number of moves that kind of were overlooked that have ended up being huge for this team as injuries pile up.  

Looks like Pratt is over the covid so great news. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 06:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Looks like Pratt is over the covid so great news. Rock On

Really?  That would be awesome!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 11:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am the same way Savage. Love seeing you back on here and posting a bit too brother.

Some of the old posters just come on for a bit and disappear, hope that is not the case with you and M.W. Cool

Hey my internet was out.............   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Not sure if it’s cool to resurrect this thread, but I have to get something off my chest. I was at the game and seated in the end zone for the final play.

Mostly Bengals fans but a few Chiefs fans (maybe 5 or 6) in the rows behind and in front of us. At teh time, I was pretty PO’d when Zak kept going for the TD instead of the final FG. Now, I see the logic, and it turned out great. But, at the time I kept thinking “this surpasses even Marvin’s time management gaffs through the years”. When the Chiefs defender was called for hands to the face, everyone around me, including the Chiefs fans, saw it clearly. The defender stuck his hand all the way underneath our WRs face mask. We all saw it clearly. But, in replays I saw later on TV, the camera was away from the face mask grab. If the view from the camera they use to film FGs, it would have been obvious.

Further, throughout the contest, there was quite a bit of shoving and hand checking going on, by both sides, whenever the ball was put in the air. Some was called. Most was not.

On the punt returns, particularly by the Chiefs, there was quite a bit of blocking in the back that was never called.

Finally, both teams were trying to get an advantage by OL and DL leaving a shade early before the snap. Most was not called.

My point, and in the ensuing days, reading Chiefs whining, I’m reminded about Hines Ward crying whenever the Steelers got beat. Never….NEVER have I heard as much whining and crying as I’ve heard from the Chiefs and their fans.

Instead of stating….”hey, hard fought game. Tip of the cap to a really good Bengals team.” They cry and whine.

Chiefs got outplayed (just look at the stats), they got out muscled, they got out coached. Shut up ‘ya big cry babies.

And yes. We may see you again, soon. If, you can get past the first round of the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 03:55 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Not sure if it’s cool to resurrect this thread, but I have to get something off my chest.  I was at the game and seated in the end zone for the final play.

Mostly Bengals fans but a few Chiefs fans (maybe 5 or 6) in the rows behind and in front of us.  At teh time, I was pretty PO’d when Zak kept going for the TD instead of the final FG.  Now, I see the logic, and it turned out great.  But, at the time I kept thinking “this surpasses even Marvin’s time management gaffs through the years”.  When the Chiefs defender was called for hands to the face, everyone around me, including the Chiefs fans, saw it clearly.  The defender stuck his hand all the way underneath our WRs face mask.  We all saw it clearly.  But, in replays I saw later on TV, the camera was away from the face mask grab.  If the view from the camera they use to film FGs, it would have been obvious.

Further, throughout the contest, there was quite a bit of shoving and hand checking going on, by both sides, whenever the ball was put in the air.  Some was called.  Most was not.  

On the punt returns, particularly by the Chiefs, there was quite a bit of blocking in the back that was never called.

Finally, both teams were trying to get an advantage by OL and DL leaving a shade early before the snap.  Most was not called.

My point, and in the ensuing days, reading Chiefs whining, I’m reminded about Hines Ward crying whenever the Steelers got beat.  Never….NEVER have I heard as much whining and crying as I’ve heard from the Chiefs and their fans.

Instead of stating….”hey, hard fought game.  Tip of the cap to a really good Bengals team.”  They cry and whine.

Chiefs got outplayed (just look at the stats), they got out muscled, they got out coached.  Shut up ‘ya big cry babies.

And yes.  We may see you again, soon.  If, you can get past the first round of the playoffs.

I like it, thanks for this GG. Nice hearing this from someone that was at the game. All of a sudden Chiefs fans have turned 
into ********. Too bad, never knew this before this game.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 08:00 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Really?  That would be awesome!!!

Didn't see him play though, saw Wilson out there and seemed like he had a decent game.

(01-01-2022, 08:02 PM)M.W. Wrote: Hey my internet was out.............   Hilarious

Ahhh, that will do it lol
Reply/Quote
I think Joe and Ja'Marr answered this question for you.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote