Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
But... What if we beat KC next week?
(12-27-2021, 06:48 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Mixon needs to run better that’s for sure. He couldn’t break one tackle vs the Ravens. Going one on one vs a Ravens DB he was going down on first contact. That can’t happen. He had a great stiffarm at the beginning of the year but last 5 weeks he’s just been pretty weak honestly with the ball in his hands. For a RB his size that can’t happen.

I thought that as well.  It might have been the week of less practice, who knows. but he was just a tad slower than most games and was very close to breaking tackles and having some huge gains.  

I think this team rises to big games rather than wilts.  I can't wait. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 08:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: All true, but the Bengals also knew that about Baltimore.  They had already throttled them this year when they were healthy.  Classic potential let down game.  Thankfully, Wink opened his fat mouth and gave Burrow a little fuel.

I am currently making as many fake twitter and social media accounts for Chiefs players and coaches and insulting the hell out of Burrow.  

Ok, not really, but I thought about it.... Hilarious

Seriously, though, Burrow won't need more fuel than maybe the Pro Bowl snub to want to go head-to-head against the Chiefs.  I think this game is going to be amazing and I think they can pull it off.  They have more on the line than the Chiefs.

Your right, they do have a lot more to prove. Maybe that will be the fuel they need. Watching how cool Joe was during the post game interview makes me wonder if mentally, he’s already in the playoffs. We have not won 3 in a row all season. That concerns me. However, with KC being as good as they are, hopefully we prepare well enough to head into that game with fire in the belly and putting everything on the line.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 03:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The most points the Bengals have allowed and still won this year has been 24 points (OT win vs MIN).
Every other game besides the MIN OT win, the Bengals only allowed 21 points or fewer in a win.

I don't have high confidence the Bengals will win a shootout.
The defense needs to keep the Chiefs to 21 pts or less.
Won't be easy though, as the Chiefs have only had 21 or less 5 games all season.

Fair point, but I also look back at the season and thing that this team has risen to the occasion on almost every "big game" opportunity.

Sure, they had the let down against the Jets (after three straight road games) and they had self-inflicted losses to Cleveland, LA Chargers, and 49ers.  But in the first steeler game, went to their field and won big.  Road game against Rats, who were playing really good football, won big.  Road game at Vegas with a lot of playoff implications, won big.  Must win to stay in the hunt at Denver, won big.  

Everyone can discount the victory over the Rats because they were so injury and COVID depleted, but that team did take GB to the final seconds. 

If the Bengals can avoid costly turnovers, I think they are right with the Chiefs and it will boil down to one defense getting a huge stop or turnover to win the game.  For KC to win, I think they are going to need to put up over 30, because Burrow is rolling.  
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 08:26 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Your right, they do have a lot more to prove. Maybe that will be the fuel they need. Watching how cool Joe was during the post game interview makes me wonder if mentally, he’s already in the playoffs. We have not won 3 in a row all season. That concerns me. However, with KC being as good as they are, hopefully we prepare well enough to head into that game with fire in the belly and putting everything on the line.

Burrow may have been going against a depleted secondary, but the way he saw the field....the way he moved in the pocket.  That TD to Boyd that was overturned....just insane.

I think he is so confident right now and it permeates through the team.  I have no doubts this team will be ready to fight come kickoff.  

I am very excited to watch the UC and Bama game, but I literally get tachycardia when I picture the kickoff of this game.  
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 08:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Fair point, but I also look back at the season and thing that this team has risen to the occasion on almost every "big game" opportunity.

Sure, they had the let down against the Jets (after three straight road games) and they had self-inflicted losses to Cleveland, LA Chargers, and 49ers.  But in the first steeler game, went to their field and won big.  Road game against Rats, who were playing really good football, won big.  Road game at Vegas with a lot of playoff implications, won big.  Must win to stay in the hunt at Denver, won big.  

Everyone can discount the victory over the Rats because they were so injury and COVID depleted, but that team did take GB to the final seconds. 

If the Bengals can avoid costly turnovers, I think they are right with the Chiefs and it will boil down to one defense getting a huge stop or turnover to win the game.  For KC to win, I think they are going to need to put up over 30, because Burrow is rolling.  

According to the pundits, winning games they shouldn't then losing games they should is just a sign of a team being young and learning to play together. This is, in fact, a very young team. They should have zero problem being up for this game though, with KC being one of the top teams and the Division title within grasp. 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 10:02 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: except we havent blown out any really good teams that were healthy when we played them

Most good teams won't be blown out anyway. I doubt we blow out KC but just winning by 3 would leave me stoked.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 10:04 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Most good teams won't be blown out anyway. I doubt we blow out KC but just winning by 3 would leave me stoked.

Winning would get me stoked. I hope Lou doesn't incorporate the same game plan he had prepared against the Jets.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 10:48 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Winning would get me stoked. I hope Lou doesn't incorporate the same game plan he had prepared against the Jets.

I honestly think they looked past the Jets and it bit them in the ass. They looked lost. If so, shame on the coaching staff and the players and hope they all learned a valuable lesson.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 11:08 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I honestly think they looked past the Jets and it bit them in the ass. 

I think it was that and also a bit of hubris in thinking they were this great team that could just show up and beat the Jets bad.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
A former Steeler showing us some love? :shocked:

Reply/Quote
Maybe too optimistic about this game, but I can see Joe B coming off of "Offensive Player of the Week" and thinking "I'll beat Mahomes...just watch me". Obviously, it will take more than just him. But, as the team and coaches have said over and over, there's no team they can't beat. I concur.

I say Joe B comes out salty, but Zak wants the run it as TOP winner keeps the other team's offense on the bench.

Turnovers are the only thing that will stop this Bengals team from winning this game. Mahomes and Burrow both can throw some pics. That said, every play, Bengals defense is looking to rip the ball out of the opponents hands....every single time.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 01:17 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Maybe too optimistic about this game, but I can see Joe B coming off of "Offensive Player of the Week" and thinking "I'll beat Mahomes...just watch me".  Obviously, it will take more than just him.  But, as the team and coaches have said over and over, there's no team they can't beat.  I concur.

I say Joe B comes out salty, but Zak wants the run it as TOP winner keeps the other team's offense on the bench.  

Turnovers are the only thing that will stop this Bengals team from winning this game.  Mahomes and Burrow both can throw some pics.  That said, every play, Bengals defense is looking to rip the ball out of the opponents hands....every single time.

No better time than this Sunday to fix that -2 TO differential.  Recovering some fumbles would be nice; only seven of those this season.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 08:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The performance of the front four will determine a lot of the success of the defense, no doubt.  Mahommes has shown the ability to not always force it down field and take the short stuff (Bengal's achilles heal) but being such a big game and against Burrow...

I have no doubts the team will come to play.  No way to the get mauled and no way do they shoot themselves in the foot (really, that's the only time they get mauled).

Just praying for Reader to return and we have a no-COVID list, at least among starters, as Brandon Allen is already on it.  

We need our front to play well and we need to tackle on the back end as the Chiefs playmakers are the best at YAC.

Too bad Pratt is on the covid list now, but Logan might play, he is practicing today which brightens everything up to me.

Logan is our best LB, just hope he is close to 100% if he does play. We need Flowers to play a great game against Kelce and
just hold him to no TD's, he will get his but this is key. Making the Chiefs kick FG's, if we keep them under 30 I think we can 
beat them if Burrow and our OL have a good game. Need to run it on these guys, think we can.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 01:30 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: No better time than this Sunday to fix that -2 TO differential.  Recovering some fumbles would be nice; only seven of those this season.  

Yeah, lets get back to even on TO differential.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I know there are a few that think we probably can't hang with them, but, what if we do? What if we win? I think Lou can get the D ready for this game.

We need to win.  The chiefs can be taken.  And I really really want no part of a winner take all game in Cleveland.

A loss to the stains in that scenario is not something I wanna experience.  Gross.

And IF we pull it off, I assume we'll be resting starters.  I don't think exposing burrow to a front like the browns have is worth it when the chiefs will prolly beat the Broncos anyway.

Maybe if the game got flexed and we got to see the Broncos pull an upset before our game starts.  But even then, even if ya win the game but burrow gets even nicked up and can play but is hobbled....was the juice worth that squeeze???

I say no.  I say regardless, if ya clinch, ya take your home game and tell burrow to wave mockingly at miles Garrett from the sideline.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 05:32 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: We need to win.  The chiefs can be taken.  And I really really want no part of a winner take all game in Cleveland.

A loss to the stains in that scenario is not something I wanna experience.  Gross.

And IF we pull it off, I assume we'll be resting starters.  I don't think exposing burrow to a front like the browns have is worth it when the chiefs will prolly beat the Broncos anyway.

Maybe if the game got flexed and we got to see the Broncos pull an upset before our game starts.  But even then, even if ya win the game but burrow gets even nicked up and can play but is hobbled....was the juice worth that squeeze???

I say no.  I say regardless, if ya clinch, ya take your home game and tell burrow to wave mockingly at miles Garrett from the sideline.

I am down with that too, I just don't know if Burrow and the players are down with it.

Think they have unresolved issues with the Stains after the way they beat us lately.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 08:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't understand how anyone watching Burrow today could have a hard time picturing us beating anyone, much less the Chiefs at home.

I know I'm all in.. No sense following to the way I do, watching what just happened, and not being all in...This is the start of everything we been waiting on fellas...
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 05:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am down with that too, I just don't know if Burrow and the players are down with it.

Think they have unresolved issues with the Stains after the way they beat us lately.

I get it but unless the game is flexed and the Broncos win prior to our game starting, I would be against it personally.  I figure if the 1 seed is ours with a win they'd let the players decide.  If there's any doubt, I don't think you let them make the final say on it.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 11:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A former Steeler showing us some love? Shocked

Clark's been showing the Bengals love most of the season and has come on with local reporters a couple of times to talk about what he likes about this team and their future. He's also an LSU guy. LOL
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 08:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Fair point, but I also look back at the season and thing that this team has risen to the occasion on almost every "big game" opportunity.

The Chargers & Browns were big games & we shat the bed.  Heck, we shat bed vs Jacksonville for a half (national TV) and vs SF.  

We played well but lost vs GB, and won the first Ravens game in style.  

The Ravens & Brincos were decimated when we played them, I do not count those for much.  Big Ben is washed so I don't count the Steelers games as big ones. Perhaps the Raiders win, though. 
Reply/Quote